Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First time buying a bowling ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampabaybob View Post
    Great ! Now get down to practicing and get the feel of the ball and learn the reactions of what it will do for you. Try shooting different lines and break points to get the feel of whats going on with the ball. Good luck and let us know how you're doing.

Bob
    Will do! I'm already way better than I was when I was using the house balls.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 6

Nice, good choice, entry level ball will get you started out on the right foot. I left the game for 15 years, then came back in 2010. I bought a Freeze, it's an entry level ball just like the polar ice, and I still have it. It got me going, and I still have it, I use it as a spare ball, or when the lanes get dry it becomes my strike ball.
    Trying not to suck, one day at a time.

Chats: 0

Stamps......... Excellent choice in ball. get some good practice in and get into a mens league if you haven't already done so. In a few months, you might be looking for something a little more aggressive, for the nights you ball isn't working due to oily conditions that may change during the league. You're on the right track...go for it.

Bob

Chats: 0

By the way your next ball probably should be in the 180 -195 range (perfect scale - Bowlingball.com). That'll give you more friction on oil.

Bob

Thanks for the tip Bob. I'll remember to get a ball in that range the next time I'm buying one which as it turns out might be sooner rather than later. The lanes at my bowling alley are always wet, making my Polar Ice a bit less effective.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12