Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: USBC Masters

During my bowling life it has always been some type of complaint on some of the dominant bowlers. Mark Roth didn't play the game right with his random steps and grip and rip style. Walter Ray Williams could only play straight and only won because of resin. Belmo only wins because of his freakish 2 handed style. These are not my opinions but some people just like to tear down winners. Personally, i don't care for the 2 handed game just because i started bowling in the mid 70's and just prefer the traditional game. The thing to be learned is that however you get the ball down the lane be consistent with what you do. If you have 5 different releases and ball speeds within a game you won't have success.

Chats: 4

Even though he is a two hander did anyone notice that Anthony
    is not a high rev type of bowler say like belmo, and osku as he
    has more of an end over end type of roll something like a Chris
    Barnes type of roll at least it looked that way to me.

Heck back in my younger days I could put just as many or more
    revs on the ball as belmo does with just one hand and using my
    thumb in the ball somewhere around the 650-700 range so did
    that make me have an unfair advantage over the other bowlers
    back then also?

I just wish that I could still crank the ball with that many revs
    now days but as old age and health problems have set in over
    the last few years the revs are definitely going to keep dropping
    along with my average.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say in the years ahead
    we will probably see some of the two handers more than likely
    go back to just using one hand because of the same facts as I
    stated above........old age and health problems.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Video of Anthony Simonsen at 11 years old. He said he's been bowling since 3 and at age 11 was a 220 avg on house patterns and 190 in his PBA experience league. Sounds like a good kid and you can tell he practiced a lot so it's just not about throwing it 2 handed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34R1GKMAJ1c

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    Video of Anthony Simonsen at 11 years old. He said he's been bowling since 3 and at age 11 was a 220 avg on house patterns and 190 in his PBA experience league. Sounds like a good kid and you can tell he practiced a lot so it's just not about throwing it 2 handed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34R1GKMAJ1c
    Agreed. Some people think these 2 handers just pick it up on a whim and instantly become PBA pros. Anthony had to EARN his #1 seed. Just like Jesper EARNED his seed and championship last week.

Don't worry, there are plenty of house hacks; both traditional and two handed. These are the cream of the crop and my guess is they would still be up there even if they tossed it one handed

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    That was his "normal" heart rate while bowling in the finals on TV at a major tournament. I wonder what his real normal heart rate is. Mine's 65.
    "Normal" heart rate, more accurately know as resting heart rate is taken while sitting down. As soon as you stand, both pulse and blood pressure increase. I sincerely doubt if any of us have a heart rate much less than 100 while bowling.
    John

Would love to see Mike Fagan's heart rate. His external body vibe makes it look like he may have a 65 heart rate

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

First off what gives you a right to call people house hacks when you are "newtobowling"?
    2nd how is it that just because some kid learns how to job the system and create huge carry that he deserves to win a Major tournament? Most have bowled for years to get to the top unlike two handers.

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    First off what gives you a right to call people house hacks when you are "newtobowling"?
    2nd how is it that just because some kid learns how to job the system and create huge carry that he deserves to win a Major tournament? Most have bowled for years to get to the top unlike two handers.
    Why you mad bro?

I guess you missed the part of how much work Anthony has put into this game. He didn't just start this sport and win a Major.
    Last edited by vdubtx; 02-17-2016 at 02:07 PM.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Did Mark Roth job the system also? He created huge carry when no one else could and is basically credited for the reason any of us hook the ball today that can. I have said it before and will say it again i prefer the traditional game but 2 handed bowling is here to stay and what those guys can do is impressive. I would not encourage someone to bowl that way but i'm also not going to tell them they bowl the wrong way and ridicule them.

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Why you mad bro?

I guess you missed the part of how much work Anthony has put into this game. He didn't just start this sport and win a Major.
    Fordman will be back soon. He is out on his front porch telling some kids to GET OFF MY LAWN.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast