Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banter among teammates

Default Banter among teammates

With fall leagues approaching, just wondering what common expressions/humor u use with teammates.....miss a single pin spare,"what r u doing flagging a bus". Weak pocket hit, "throw your purse at it". Guy having a bad game, "whose side are u on". Very weak pocket hit, "does your husband bowl". Covering a lot of boards, "TJ Hooker". etc

"Its not the ball, u need a new arm".

Chats: 55

"Who Knew" - It's what we say when someone gets a messy strike, or a unconventional pickup. And, it's our team name.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Chats: 204

3 of our guys are beginners so we don't ride them very hard. The other 2 of us take it rather seriously so they know not to mess with us. One of the beginners will on occasion do something horrible like 2 straight gutters...which will result in me throwing something at him. And if he starts having a really good game I'll sometimes give him a lap dance (no touching, clothes on). Fortunately/Unfortunately he rarely has a really good game.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    3 of our guys are beginners so we don't ride them very hard. The other 2 of us take it rather seriously so they know not to mess with us. One of the beginners will on occasion do something horrible like 2 straight gutters...which will result in me throwing something at him. And if he starts having a really good game I'll sometimes give him a lap dance (no touching, clothes on). Fortunately/Unfortunately he rarely has a really good game.
    Somehow, you twerking on some dude's lap is NOT something I'd want to see -- drunk or sober. Especially if it's to Katy Perry's Teenage Dream...

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I'm supprised if he did it a second time he didn't just stick his head down the ball return and end it all
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 10

There's a guy in my league when he misses, he always pretends to pick something up on the lane as if it messed up his approach. Guys on his team will mess with him by going up there and pretending to pick things up, carry the garbage to him etc. they say he always does it and that the guy before him says there's nothing ever up there.
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Quote Originally Posted by Blomer View Post
    There's a guy in my league when he misses, he always pretends to pick something up on the lane as if it messed up his approach. Guys on his team will mess with him by going up there and pretending to pick things up, carry the garbage to him etc. they say he always does it and that the guy before him says there's nothing ever up there.
    have a guy in league who still wears bowling shirts from the 70s. Every time he picked up a spare he would make a gun with his hand and say "another silver bullet". We just started calling him Lone Ranger after the 1st week.

Last year I bowled with a guy who said, at least once without fail every week, "That's more gooder." It got to the point by the end of the season that I was seriously considering wearing ear plugs so that I wouldn't be tempted to just tell him how irritating it was. Needless to say, I'm not bowling with him this year, in fact, I'm not bowling in the league at all primarily so that I don't have to listen to him every again!

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Last year I bowled with a guy who said, at least once without fail every week, "That's more gooder." It got to the point by the end of the season that I was seriously considering wearing ear plugs so that I wouldn't be tempted to just tell him how irritating it was. Needless to say, I'm not bowling with him this year, in fact, I'm not bowling in the league at all primarily so that I don't have to listen to him every again!
    You should have a more gooder year then, Rob!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast