Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did some advanced scouting...

Chats: 36

Default Did some advanced scouting...

Last evening I stopped over to my local lanes to talk with the manager and noticed that the pair I will be bowling on in my league today was in uses....by a couple of teens throwing house balls (read PLASTIC). Since the lanes were oiled just before then, I know what I will be facing today, and that means LOTS of carried down oil. Looks like a good day for the Nexxus and the Vivid...

Jay
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

So they won't oil again before your league? My house does that during the summer with all the non-sanctioned leagues. It's so irritating.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    So they won't oil again before your league? My house does that during the summer with all the non-sanctioned leagues. It's so irritating.
    No they won't. As a matter of fact, they only oiled the lanes that my league bowls on...everybody is cutting back I guess.

J.
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

Blog Entries

I really hate dry lanes. I even offered to pay the $1 per lane it would cost to oil them. The owner laughed.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    I really hate dry lanes. I even offered to pay the $1 per lane it would cost to oil them. The owner laughed.
    LOL!!!! bill maybe you should have offered him $2 per lane.

The owner we have does make sure that our sanctioned and
    even the non-sanctioned leagues during the summer and the
    winter seasons have a fresh shot to bowl on each and every
    week. That is the best thing he is not like some of the owners
    we've had in the past that just didn't care if they had any oil on
    the lanes or not at anytime summer or winter.
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Well, as it turned out, I am glad I did some advance work. The lanes were carried down and carry down was mostly from the oil inside the 7 board (7 boards from the right gutter). I ended up throwing my Nexxus f{P+R} swinging it out from 10 board to about 3 or 4. The entire first game I was striking on the left lane and coming up light on the right. Beteween the two lanes, the left was hooking 7 boards more than the right. It took me almost an entire game to figure all of that out. So, the scores went like this...188/248/240 for a 670. That is two weeks in a row I have thrown 670 on the nose.

Because of the carried down oil, it was imperative that I keep my speed waaay down to help the Nexxus chew through the carry down. SO far, in my league I am averaging 226 with the Nexxus. Maybe I should keep throwing it... Kinda makes me wonder what that ball could do if I were seeing a consistent shot from week to week...

Jay

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

GREAT scores, esp considering the condition!! NICE!! Both AMF's I bowl at always oil before all league play!! Always! Good way for a alley to lose bowlers IMHO!!
    Looks like a 700 is coming up SOON! (if not already)!

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    GREAT scores, esp considering the condition!! NICE!! Both AMF's I bowl at always oil before all league play!! Always! Good way for a alley to lose bowlers IMHO!!
    Looks like a 700 is coming up SOON! (if not already)!
    Iceman, I have had many 7's but it has been a loooong time since I threw one in a league. Been away from the game for tooo long, but it's coming back. Lately, I have been throwing 3-game sets with two good games and one bad one, just as evidenced above. I have to put three solid games together. One good thing from today, I left several 10 pins and picked them ALL. As a matter of fact, I only had two missed spares today. Gotta get back to being close to a 100% spare shooter.....

Jay

Chats: 0

That's ridiculous that a center manager , A) would put open bowlers on freely oiled lanes before a league and B) refuse to oil again before a league. It sounds like a manager that is not a bowler or just does't give a crap. I managed a center in New England and would've shot my desk people if they ever did that. And If they did, they'd be dragging the oil machine out themselves before the league started. I costs pennies to oil a pair of lanes. I just find that intolerable. Think I'd find another center to bowl at.

Bob

Blog Entries

Bob, somebody here did the math once including labor, etc and it cost him .70 per lane. Peanuts compared to what can be lost if bowlers have to chance to some place that will take care of them.
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Key Bowling Staff Member

IBPSIA member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast