Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did I make a mistake

Chats: 1

Perrin, honestly not sure of the number of revs....all i do know is I line up slide foot on center dot and aim for 3-4 boards right of that

in that case you are proabably playing in the oil. Most centers take their oil out to either the 3rd or even 2nd arrow.

I would try moveing your feet one dot to the right and also move your aim that same # of boards to the right(so Aim around the second arrow instead of third arrow).

That should get your ball to the dry a little earlier and allow it to get a little more angle to the pocket.

That move is called a 5-5 right 5 boards with the feet and 5 boards with your mark.

If the ball still doesn't come up to the pocket (or deflects too much) then try 2-2 more to the right... or if it goes through the nose after 5-5 then move 1-0 left or 2-1 left just a matter of fine tuning it to find a good line for you.

Do you have any way to take video? Some of the folks on here know alot more than I do (some are even certified Coaches)

Even a phone video can offer some assistance in us trying to help.
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

OK, I found a video of me (it is a little old from August 2012) but I still have the same general approach except I went to a 5 step and use the first 2 steps as timing steps. It contains both ball one and two of the frame (sorry for the sound) I also wear an Ebonite React/X glove now (though thinking about going back to no glove)

Chats: 506

no smart choice
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Noeymc, not sure I understand exactly what you meant by your reply. Can you clarify for me please. Thanks.

I would definitely move more to the outside to get some more ball angle into the pocket.

I can't see enough to figure out your revs. but the ball seems to be going pretty straight. and If you have now gone to a 5 step approach I can only assume that you have either stayed as fast or sped up.

One thing I notieced is that you are starting left foot on 20 but you moved at least 5 boards left on your approach. Your second ball you seem to have walked straight though.

Like I said before I would start where you are now or more 5 right and try going straight up 10 and seeing what that does for your ball reaction.
    the reason I say maybe stay where you are is if you walk straight it may change the ball position enough to get you some movement.

You may have to go even farther right (first arrow target) to get more ball movement.

Better yet would be to try to find a local coach that can help you. your hand position looks to be at least part of the reason for the lack of revs. if you pause that video right at the release of your first ball it looks like your rotating your hand a little early which puts your fingers at ~5 o'clock so not alot of room to generate revs
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Thanks Perrin,

I have in the last 2 weeks been moving further right...I line my left foot up on the 2nd arrow now...seems to be getting a little better reaction. Talked with a pro shop and we are thinking that we may rough up my ball or get a more aggressive ball and keep the current one for spare shooting. I am thinking that too since the current ball is definitely drilled for more length and would work great on dry lanes.

Now comes the search into what ball(s) and/or what manufacturer.
    Bowls Owned/used: Ebonite Cyclone #14
    PAP: Unknown
    Speed: 17-20 mph
    Rev's: Unknown

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I suggest working on your form before spending money on a ball. The Cyclone is a weak ball but your form isn't capitalizing on what a ball can do either.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123