Thread: Blue Hammer starts out hot for 2013......

Chats: 0

Default Blue Hammer starts out hot for 2013......

My first 3 league night games for 2013 were hot to say the least. I bowled a 220, 214 and a 247. The ball was workin' real good with a nice controlled arc. I was able to stay in about the same groove all night. I started with the toe of my sliding foot on the center dot-I am left handed-and ended up moving three boards to the right as the lane broke down. The changes I made that night just happened to work out. For a #14 ball the Blue had no trouble knocking down 35 pounds of pins. Not only is it a good strike ball but being a urethane ball it does duty as a good spare ball also. I bowl on a THS pattern in our house so I needed a good dry to medium dry ball. The Blue Hammer was the ticket for me. I can hit it with some good revs and it will be predictable. When the lanes break down the ball does not go nuts on the backend. I was going to do a surface change not long ago but the ball seems to settle in and do what I wanted it to do when I purchased it. I guess the ball and I needed some time to break each other in. Me going to a 14 pound ball worked out for me also. It is easier to control at the moment of release. Coming up on 66 years of age I needed that. Us senior citizens are delicate you know. I should get a T-shirt that says senior citizen-fragile-handle with care. It is not hard to get the Blue to do what I want it to do and with a slow approach kind of like Earl Anthony. Love my Blue.
    Last edited by Hammer; 01-13-2013 at 10:32 PM.