Thread: The 9th frame got me again!!!

Default The 9th frame got me again!!!

My wife and I were practicing yesterday afternoon, and I was rolling the ball better than I have in weeks. When we started our second game, I just knew it was going to be an epic game. It was like the ball had radar and was guiding itself to the pocket, and hitting like a freight train. So, after eight shots I'm four away from a perfect game and I'm staring the 9th frame in the eye, determined to conquer it this time. I line up, take a breath, and begin my delivery. The ball came off my hand just like I wanted it to, and down the lane it went. The ball came off the break point just like I expected, but it checked up a little too hard right at the last second, came in a touch heavy, and left the 4,7,10 which I didn't pick up. Then I threw another split in the 10th and finished with a 242.

The front 8 is the closes I've ever gotten to perfection, and each time I've left a split in the 9th. For now the 9th frame has won the battle, but it won't win the war. I'll get it eventually.

Chats: 16

Good job. Keep an eye on the ball. If you think you threw the ball just like your previously balls, but it started going a little high, but you still got a strike or 9 count, it's time to make a slight adjustment. I usually move about a half a board or so.
    - Ed

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    Equipment: Hammer 1st Blood (RICO Layout @1500 Polished), Hammer Taboo (RICO Layout @2000 Polished), Hammer Taboo Blue/Silver (RICO Layout @4000), Storm Natural Pearl, Hammer Razyr, Ebonite Maxim

League Average (THS): 207
    High Game Score: 279 (9 in a row)
    High 3 Game Series: 788

PAP: 5 3/4 right 1/4 up
    Ball Speed: Mid 15-16 (Tweener)

Chats: 891

nice game but it sucks getting so close and then that 9th frame taking it has down it alot of times to me and dose it all the time to a friend when he gets front 8
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

ecub is correct. As you learn to read how your ball goes THROUGH the pins you will learn when to move. The next time just move a 1/2 board or a full board with your feet to shoot the ninth and tenth frames.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 4

Just keep pounding on that pocket and eventually
    they will all fall in the 9th and 10th frames and
    then that perfect 300 game will be yours.

That is some sound advice that ecub and billf gave
    you about watching where your ball goes through
    the pins and winds up going off the back of the pin
    deck and making the correct adjustment(s) by maybe
    moving 1/2 to 1 board (left) if you are right handed or
    1/2 to 1 board (right) if you are left handed in the 9th
    frame.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Chats: 0

Bummer it came apart at the end.
    I' sure the nerves were creeping in hard.
    On another note, way to bowl!

The nerves were definitely there, but not nearly as bad as they've been in the past. At this point it's more of a mental issue instead of a problem with my execution.