Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Bowling Ball Cleaning and Maintenance

Chats: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    I really like the Storm Reacta Foam. Its about $15 dollars a bottle I've been using it for about 5 months and still have some and we bowl a lot and clean after every session. The foam is easier to use on the lanes because it doesn't run off and make a mess so you clean your ball right there on the lane. The other cleaner I tried was watery and ran off the balls.
    I just bought some and like it a lot! Good size bottle. Foam is great, doesnt take much to clean!
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Blomer View Post
    I just bought some and like it a lot! Good size bottle. Foam is great, doesnt take much to clean!
    I've been using it over 6 months now still have a little left and I use it on mine and my wife's ball and we bowl a lot.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

ended up going back to the pro shop and said maybe there was something wrong from last time, but he recommended storm reacts shine polish and cleaner for my polished equipment. Anyone try this cleaner before?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    ended up going back to the pro shop and said maybe there was something wrong from last time, but he recommended storm reacts shine polish and cleaner for my polished equipment. Anyone try this cleaner before?
    I've used Reacta Shine Cleaner/polish, it works okay.

I don't personally use Cleaner/polishes, I want cleaners for cleaning and polishes for polishing. Because when I clean I'm not wanting to change the surface, just clean.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

that makes sense.. maybe ill give that foam a try

Chats: 0

I to use the Reacta Shine on everything also and love it

Quote Originally Posted by Baller View Post
    I just bought a Roto Grip Shout and it is a dull ball. Can someone recommend a good cleaner? It is my first ball and I want to keep it in good condition.

Thanks!
    On that type of ball many people use a basic cleaner mix 50/50 alcohol and simple green, works like a champ getting off oil and lane gook.
    I use the same thing on all ball surfaces and on the polished balls I'll apply a coat of polish when needed.

Chats: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Blomer View Post
    Thats what I use... My pro shop tossed it in when I bought my Devour and its good stuff.

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

Has anyone tried a de-greaser that might be found in an automotive shop? What about one from a Home Depot? Those should be cheap.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckR View Post
    Has anyone tried a de-greaser that might be found in an automotive shop? What about one from a Home Depot? Those should be cheap.
    At some point just about everything I think has been tried.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast