Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delay of game

Chats: 891

i have same type of people in my bowling allie they litteraly sat there and talked for 15mins and after one of there tema went up and threw the ball that perosn came abck down and tey would talk for 15mins soo if anything i took advantage of this time and talked with other people cause morealy if there not in a 5 lane area of me i wont.

there was one time after they finished bowling ik i was up and soo i still sat down and talked to people then i went back to my lane and they tryed to ***** me out cause i was taking so long and first words to come out of my mouth was how dose it feel you have made us wait for a hr or more and then they apolagiceled and started to bowl soo i have always done that to anyone that wants to talk more then bowl.

or i jsut tell them if you are going to keep talking i will go get some ducktape and stick over your mouth soo u cant talk(im not a nice person to those type of people)
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Chats: 0

Every league has these type of teams/bowlers. The advice given about letting your league officers handle it is right on. Best not to approach it on your own. I've seen too many fist fights start that way. The league officers have signed up to do this type of counseling and if they refuse, next year get better league officers. That's also why you should have a Seargent-at-Arms. Hopefully he's one of the 'larger' guys in the league.

Bob

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by RoccoRock View Post
    Wow, you have one team that socializes, and doesn't seem to care much about the actual game, and takes forever, you're lucky, we have about 10 of those teams in our league. One team, they were all there, standing by the ball return, and just talking talking talking, basicly refusing to bowl. This was the first frame of the first game! We had already finished our first frame already. I finaly had to be the bad guy, and ask the "are you guys going to bowl tonight?"
    Must be the water in the sound. We seem to have more than our fair share of social butterflies here in CT too.
    John

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Well on our first Saturday Night league night I had to be the slow poke. With four new teams and the 50-50 tickets having to be sold I seemed to always be away when my turn came up. Luckily we were bowling a veteran team that understood all I have to do the first night, including introducing myself to the new members. The center had zero paperwork ready so the secretary and myself spent two hours before hand getting the score sheets filled out, envelopes filled out, sanction cards (typed out) into the proper envelopes, etc. The secretary usually does the 50-50, she looks forward to it, but was busy getting the sanction fees separated from the league and lineage fees. She is much better at the 50-50 than I as she has a great smile and outgoing personality which is why I dated and lived with her a few years ago. Luckily my wife understands I only spend time with her for bowling purposes only. Getting elected president and the duties wasn't something I was looking forward to the night the vote was taken lol
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    Well on our first Saturday Night league night I had to be the slow poke. With four new teams and the 50-50 tickets having to be sold I seemed to always be away when my turn came up.

As someone who has been away from the game for a decade or two, I've missed some of the new fund raising tactics.

In my day the only extra activity was the side pots where those who wanted to enter paid $5, with 20% going to the high score each game, and 40% going to the high series.

What is this 50-50? Sounds like some form or raffle, and is that legal?
    I've heard of brackets only in that they were available (after I left bowling) so I've never participated, nor seen the details.
    Anything else thats common that I haven't mentioned???

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    As someone who has been away from the game for a decade or two, I've missed some of the new fund raising tactics.

In my day the only extra activity was the side pots where those who wanted to enter paid $5, with 20% going to the high score each game, and 40% going to the high series.

What is this 50-50? Sounds like some form or raffle, and is that legal?
    I've heard of brackets only in that they were available (after I left bowling) so I've never participated, nor seen the details.
    Anything else thats common that I haven't mentioned???

50-50 is exactly that. you get half. lets say you buy a ticket for a dollar each. no lets say 100 tickets are sold. you will have $100 in the pot. if your ticket wins, you get half, and the other half goes to a specified area (usually a charity or in this case league funds?)

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by chrono00 View Post
    50-50 is exactly that. you get half. lets say you buy a ticket for a dollar each. no lets say 100 tickets are sold. you will have $100 in the pot. if your ticket wins, you get half, and the other half goes to a specified area (usually a charity or in this case league funds?)
    That doesn't seem to pass for legal, at least not in California.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

It Depends on the laws of your state, California prohibits 50-50 raffles because the state requires a minimum of 90 percent of the money raised in any fundraiser to go to the charity or organization in whose name the funds were raised.

But it's like a lot thing's they do it anyway legal or not.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 08-27-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

It goes to our prize fund. What sucks is the lack of participation. We have 48 bowlers and only sold $52 in tickets. I bought $5 worth as did most of those that do participate ($5 for 10 tickets). The ones that never participate are the same ones that complain about the low prize money payout at the end of the year. I've asked for suggestions for fundraisers the bowlers would like but have received zero suggestions.

Monday nights we have brackets, second game jackpot (score pulled out of a raffle bin, match you win) and a 25-75 raffle where if your ticket is drawn you have to strike on the next ball to win.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

in many states its not, including around here i think? but its one of those things that are allowed to slide...unless you **** off the wrong person i guess. I mean you kind of have to go out of your way to bust someone for a 50-50 at a bowling alley

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12