Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not sure if I should...

Chats: 60

Post Not sure if I should...

I'm not sure if I should be open about my disability here, but I've developed new symptoms and would be classified as having what he has. I know this is not a support group or forum, I should probably check a google search? Yeah, good one...

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Alright, the suspense is killing me. What are you talking about? Maybe PM me if you're not comfortable?

Chats: 1

Well Kurt, you got me curious as well.
    Good luck and good bowling
    Bill

Default Tourettes

My dad has tourettes, the motor kind of tics and not the verbal kinda stuff. I have a little bit of it I think and have also been diagnosed with a clinical mental disability. It's been pure hell some parts of my life but I am over that. I live in Tyler TX and have fun bowling on leagues and just with my friends. I've met a lot of good people since I have started.

I have a blend of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. My symptoms are not severe and haven't been for a very long time thanks to great medicine. I tried halving my dosage of medicine about a week ago and it was not a good idea. I've gained some weight due to anti-psychotics, they are notorious for that. But I'd rather have just a few extra pounds than be miserable.

My average is going up considerably, I'd love to be Pro someday, if that happens. If not, that's okay too. I invented the comma. Also, it's not grease, it's an animal.

owl

Chats: 1

Well Kurt, I don't see any reason why that would affect your bowling. I always try to look at the positive side of things, specially when there's nothing I can do about the negative. And it sounds like you're already doing that. So hang in there man.
    Good luck and good bowling
    Bill

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I'm no expert, but I think there is evidence that when the mind and body are focused on doing something the symptoms of disorders like Tourette's syndrome and Parkinson's disease are greatly reduced. So keep as active as you can.

Default Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    I'm no expert, but I think there is evidence that when the mind and body are focused on doing something the symptoms of disorders like Tourette's syndrome and Parkinson's disease are greatly reduced. So keep as active as you can.
    It is strange that you mention that. Bowling has helped my concentration and vitality. You guys are alright.

owl

Chats: 3

i have asperges but ever since i started bowling no one noticed at all,im even doing better in school

Future PBA Baller
    Chats: 443

Bowling has helped me aswell.
    Lost 50LBS and much more.
    Good going everyone> never give up.......
    Arsenal = Hammer JIGSAW{16lbs} Columbia ICON 300 {16lbs}
    Radical Inferno {15lbs}Black Rahno{16lbs}(WWF Raw is War Viz A Ball {14lbs}
    High Game/Series 263/637
    Try (VT) for winning $$fun http://www.virtualtournaments.com/Default.aspx Say 10sixer sent ya Plz..
    What I always say "LUCK IS EARNED"

Chats: 2315

It's possible that bowling has been my anti-drug. Not that I've thought about doing drugs, but basically it probably has kept me out of trouble and it's given me something to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast