Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest Oct 29, 2012 to Nov 04, 2012 - DV8 Marauder Madness

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloPD View Post
    does the madness have the same surface as the revenge? therefore making it loose energy when lanes dry out?
    The Madness has a 500/4000 siaair OOB. The Revenge has a 500/2000 siaair OOB.

It will have problems on extreme wet and dry, btm recommends using another ball and not bothering with layouts and surface changes to use it on those patterns.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 23

im still debating between this or the terror. will the terror have problems on dry conditions? the reason im asking because i dont want to change balls during league, i just want to stick with one and a spareball

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

The Terror is a pearl and should make it through all 3 games okay. Better than the madness, IMO.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Chats: 23

okay, thanks for the great help!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

When I choose to, I can easily use my Terror for all three games.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 11

just curious whats btm
    Style: Stroker
    In the bag: C300 Wicked Encounter, C300 Freeze, Hammer Arson Hybrid, Hammer Cobalt Vibe, and Brunswick T Zone

PAP 4.25 over x .25 up

High Series: 716
    High Game: 273

I want!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keithalw View Post
    just curious whats btm
    BTM = Bowling This Month magazine

It's highly recommended to get a subscription to this magazine. It's about the best bowling magazine around, its geared to higher average bowler's. But lower average ones can benefit from it also. Besides ball reviews there are articles on other aspects of bowling.

See more info here:
    http://www.bowlingthismonth.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloPD View Post
    im still debating between this or the terror. will the terror have problems on dry conditions? the reason im asking because i dont want to change balls during league, i just want to stick with one and a spareball
    The best DV8 ball for dry conditions is the Misfit.

Finding one ball and making it work for 3 games during league is hard to do. USBC ball motion study found that it only takes 5 shots to change a line on the lane. And when you have 8 or more people on a pair of lanes the shot transitions quickly. For example, I had a great line last night during league, I shot 233 the first game and 254 the second game, with quite a few corner pins being left off of pocket shots mind you. By the third game the line I was playing completely disappeared and no matter how dramatic the move I made I couldn't use the same ball. Did not finish very well.

However, if you are going to try to use one ball the whole time, I would recommend using a really weak ball and lining up on the outsides of the lane to start, and then moving in deeper as the games go on. The Misfit could fit this niche if you are going to stick with DV8.
    Levi "Lucky" Lauck - USBC Silver Coach - U.B.A. Member

UBowling.com is a new bowling website created as a resource of bowling news, reviews and information to help grow and improve the bowling community.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

So What was the 3rd game score? What ball were you using for the the first 2 games and why didn't you change balls?

How many times should you change balls through the night then?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast