Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: me bowling please tell me anything i need to improve.

Chats: 723

Quote Originally Posted by Tampabaybob View Post
    'Lockwoods' comments
    Hey "bob" Why the Quotes around my name? LOL
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Which shot did you want critiqued? Seriously, you know you're inconsistent now to find out why. What's up with the wrist turning on the back swing? All the movement before you bowl, you end up not really starting from the same spot each time body-wise. Doesn't look like you have much spine tilt either but that's hard to tell from the angle. Your steps are short and fast while the swing looked muscled at the top of the back swing which was too high in some shots. Balance arm and foot, get them where they belong. Your timing is a bit late.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Get the ball moving into the swing a half second earlier and only go as high on the back swing as momentum will allow. Stop muscling it. Wrist and elbow movement drove me nuts. Any way, getting the ball into the swing sooner will assist with the balance and help the timing. Get your balance foot on the floor before I have to nail it to the floor (just messing with you Striker). It also appeared as if your head raised up about an inch during the release.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 891

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    Get the ball moving into the swing a half second earlier and only go as high on the back swing as momentum will allow. Stop muscling it. Wrist and elbow movement drove me nuts. Any way, getting the ball into the swing sooner will assist with the balance and help the timing. Get your balance foot on the floor before I have to nail it to the floor (just messing with you Striker). It also appeared as if your head raised up about an inch during the release.
    yeah can tell you this i never knew my wrist turned at all on my back swing to me it feels like it never moves and the balance i defently have to work on not really sure why my head raises i did notice that when watching the video but was not sure if that would do anything.

i will try to get into the swing a half second earlier and as high as my back swing goses is as high as it will go on my one shot the back swing was low because of the ball started sliding of my thumb and i squeezed it and stopped my arm from going up because it probably would of came off my hand and the only muscle i use is when i get my hand under the ball at the bottom of the swing well that's all the muscle that i do use.

but will try some new things and look up on some new stuff and see what i can find on helping with this stuff and take your guys info and the info i find and use it at the bowling allie.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Quote Originally Posted by Zothen View Post
    The 1 constant thing I see you do is movement! In my opinion you have too much movement before you bowl and this may be throwing you off. Can you hold ball still for couple seconds before you bowl? I have a teammate who does this and as soon as he stopped moving the ball,the more consistant he was in the pocket. Also you seem like your rushing,try slowing your footwork a tad and keep arm striaght thru swing. Your armswing should be same regardless of what ball your using,unless your going coast-coast with 1 ball and down & in with another? I would also consider a brace for leg or ankle for more stability.

Zothen
    yeah im trying to stop that sometimes i do sometimes i don't i mostly do it when i have not taking my piles cause i need at least some part of my body to move so i don't get a head ake next video i do i will make sure i don't get a head ake.

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by kmf View Post
    Which shot did you want critiqued? Seriously, you know you're inconsistent now to find out why. What's up with the wrist turning on the back swing? All the movement before you bowl, you end up not really starting from the same spot each time body-wise. Doesn't look like you have much spine tilt either but that's hard to tell from the angle. Your steps are short and fast while the swing looked muscled at the top of the back swing which was too high in some shots. Balance arm and foot, get them where they belong. Your timing is a bit late.
    yes ik a few of these but the muscling i dont do only muscle i use is when i get under the ball at the bottom of the swing my pinky finger is pulled in to my ring finger not tuked but i seem to get more revs and more controll with it this way then with my pinky out idk why but i will try to figure this out.

and about my steps being short im normaly abit farther back but at this bowling allie shorter is better cause the lanes are mested cause if u seen those are medium oiled lanes saposaly and i had a entry lvl ball hit a 5pin with pushing it out to the 5 board i think it was.

but bill i have to ask you one thing from the older video from my old stlye of bowling video you seen witch way do you think is abit better this new bowling way or the old one.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Quote Originally Posted by striker12 View Post
    but bill i have to ask you one thing from the older video from my old stlye of bowling video you seen witch way do you think is abit better this new bowling way or the old one.
    Once tweaked i think you will be better off with this style over your old one. This one has a lot less jerky movements so you will end with more control eventually.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    Once tweaked i think you will be better off with this style over your old one. This one has a lot less jerky movements so you will end with more control eventually.
    thanks bills im wondering on some of the things i need to work on you got any links that you can share with me for them but if you could share more then 1 soo i can read more and get more info into me and see if i can fix anything because i just spent some time on looking up stuff for balance and i could not find nothing at all all over google so then i wanted to look up a few things on about back swing and i could not find nothing that was good.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by 75lockwood View Post
    Hey "bob" Why the Quotes around my name? LOL
    Important people get " " quotes. That's a good thing. See, now you're important to at least one person in the world !! LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast