Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arm going straight back

Default Arm going straight back

I can't get my arm to go straight back it's wrapping around my back. Any ways to break this habit ?

Banned
    Chats: 68

Most times the arm goes back opposite the direction it first went forward.

Start to the right, tends to come back to the left.

This assumes right handed, reverse that for left handed.

To be sure, we would need video. Since a picture is worth a 1000 words, a video must be worth 100k.

Chats: 723

Quote Originally Posted by krash11554 View Post
    I can't get my arm to go straight back it's wrapping around my back. Any ways to break this habit ?
    It sounds like you are holding the ball out to far from your body, you want it in line with your shoulder.

would it be possible for you to upload a video of yourself bowling? that way we can give advice specific to what we see instead of just guessing.
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Chats: 723

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Most times the arm goes back opposite the direction it first went forward.

Start to the right, tends to come back to the left.

This assumes right handed, reverse that for left handed.

To be sure, we would need video. Since a picture is worth a 1000 words, a video must be worth 100k.
    well, assuming a framerate of 30fps, 100k words is only 3.33 seconds

a good 2 minute video.... now that's 3.6 million words
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Chats: 506

give this a try when you start your approach push the ball towards your target see if that helps
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 75lockwood View Post
    well, assuming a framerate of 30fps, 100k words is only 3.33 seconds

a good 2 minute video.... now that's 3.6 million words
    You're neglecting video compression. 100k words would represent a lot more than 100 pictures.

Also, some people can get a lot said in only 3.33 seconds. I know a 15 yr old that talks in a continuous stream of words. I have to tell her to pause after every dozen words so I can catch up.

Default The video

also whats not in this video where my foot starts it moves like a foot to the left.
    Last edited by krash11554; 11-24-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Your feet move left and your arm swings wide right. Combined you cover at least three feet of the lane. The drift left isn't a big deal if it's consistent. The swing going to the right of your head is. Keep the arm under your eye/head and STOP bending your elbow. Those two things would be a good start on gaining accuracy and predictable ball movement.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default louis vuitton outlet xgdh

www.lovelylouisvuitton.co.ukWe just have to be thankful that there are tools formulated to help us calculate our ideal weight and provide a good answer to our unending question, how much should I weigh This content considers, Tiongkok techie potential with reaching a peak ahead of, precisely what is missing will be to inspire creativity inside the schooling procedure, entrepreneurs with disappointment following the may to test once more, western a maturity of expertise supervisors skills swimming pool, in addition to for the safety connected with mental property or home protection under the law a lot more regard A sociopath does not fit within the description of a person who shows acceptable behavior patterns by the society High cholesterol levels often result in strokes as well as cardiac arrest if they are not lowered, but reducing such levels and causing individuals to suffer from serious unwanted effects such as migrane severe headaches, continuous muscular pain, and digestive function problems does not look like a great option to a healthy life

louis vuitton pursesIf you do not like the exercise your doing, find something else entirely to do that you do enjoy it will help you to stay with it 1 critical type of physical exercise that need to be performed when on a diet is cardiovascular exercise Any floor that harbors this virus can easily transmit it to a wholesome human who comes in contact with it

louis vuitton official website1s a good thing the user gets express permission from a doctor before you take the tea especially when youCycle A person's Intensity - In order to prevent burnout as well as overtraining via exercising intensely, it's important to have a full week far from instruction each and every 6 - 15 months Families really should think about their role and attempt to play it the best way

louis vuitton pursesNo additional benefit in the abdomen is obtained by increasing the entire torso They discover substitutes for a nights rest, because they feel they do not have time, or there are lots of stressors inside their lives that induce these phones be up for hours A good classy bag near the shoulder joint would probably complete a style and design proclamation because idealATTENTION One More VERY IMPORTANT Thing To Keep In Mind!!!!Don't fall for the stronger is better argument

Related Articles:
    http://www.nprtraining.com/phpBB2/vi...?p=41652#41652
    http://bloodguild.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=191662
    http://tu-eshop.com/forum/memberlist...profile&u=9937

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    Your feet move left and your arm swings wide right. Combined you cover at least three feet of the lane. The drift left isn't a big deal if it's consistent. The swing going to the right of your head is. Keep the arm under your eye/head and STOP bending your elbow. Those two things would be a good start on gaining accuracy and predictable ball movement.
    I don't think he moves left. Watch just his left foot, it appears to move parallel to the boards. His 3rd step goes to the right making the ball appear to go behind his back, and makes the slide appear to go left. The gap between where the left foot slides, and where the ball is set down is very large and pretty much eliminates and leverage he might have.

I would start with the slide step drill getting the ball much closer to the ankle. Then work on a 2 step drill getting the right foot more in line with the intended path of the ball.

Those two things would allow him to start further to the right away from the ball return.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast