Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: SouthpawTRK's scores

I went out to practice today at my home lanes and was given the opportunity to play on the Viper pattern. I only brought two balls with me; my Sync and my Zombie; so I basically played the Sync for two series. The pattern was tough to say the least. The times that I tried to play it deeper, the ball would hook way too much. I ended up having some success playing between the 5th and 7th arrow. Here's what I shot for the day:

Series #1: 149, 127, 170

Series #2: 145, 147, 200
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums
    In the bag: DV8 (Misfit, Zombie), Roto Grip (Disturbed, Wrecker), Storm (Hy-Road Pearl, Ice, IQ Tour Pearl, Sync, Tropical Breeze)
    High league game: 256. High league series: 618 PAP: 3 1/2" over 1" up

I played in the Tony Reyes Mix-Match Pro-Am today and it was truly an amazing experience. The Mix-Match had a three game format; 3-6-9, No Tap and Standard 10 pin. Our group got to bowl with one pro per game. I ended up shooting the following: 183, 193, 167.
    In the bag: DV8 (Misfit, Zombie), Roto Grip (Disturbed, Wrecker), Storm (Hy-Road Pearl, Ice, IQ Tour Pearl, Sync, Tropical Breeze)

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by SouthpawTRK View Post
    I played in the Tony Reyes Mix-Match Pro-Am today and it was truly an amazing experience. The Mix-Match had a three game format; 3-6-9, No Tap and Standard 10 pin. Our group got to bowl with one pro per game. I ended up shooting the following: 183, 193, 167.
    What is the 3-6-9?
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

3-6-9 is when you get an automatic strike in frames 3, 6, 9; it was pretty fun; even though I did not bowl very well.

Chats: 55

Do the pro's get automatics as well?
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Since the mix-match pro-am was part of the Tony Reyes Memorial weekend; the pro bowlers that were involved with the mix-match got the automatics of the 3-6-9 and the no tap.

Came back from the summer league with a new team for the winter; lost a really good player (she's getting married). We picked up another player that should work out fine for the winter season. Our team came in second during the summer league, so coming back for the winter we had some big shoes to fill. Here's what I shot for the night: 180, 154, 141. The night started out good, but my lack of being able to pick up spares killed my numbers. My goal is to raise my average by 20 pins; not the start I was looking for on week #1.

Our winter league at my home lanes started tonight; a little nervous since I was bowling with my cousin (who is an excellent bowler) and his friend (who also is an excellent bowler). I really need to go the practice and just shoot spares on a consistent basis each and every week; definitely the weakest part of my game. Here's what I shot for the night: 169, 137, 168.

Chats: 204

COOL!!

I like seeing guys bowl scores like mine. It's disheartening to see, "last night I had a bad series and bowled 193-197-232."
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

@Asian: I'll take that as a compliment My goal is to raise my average to 180; a little more than 20 pins above my book average.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast