Thread: Different house

Chats: 11

Default Different house

I went to a different house tonight... I went there before and did okay but I went back again and didnt to bad. Its different from my normal house and my normal house is where I always bowled so going over there was a totally opposite to me lol... Either way didnt do that bad I shot my mission 2.0 and freeze over there and did better with the freeze. I shot 179, 205, 195 for a 579 on the first series. The second one the first two games I tried a few things and figured out that the freeze was a better ball on the lanes at the time and shot a 167, 161, 205 for a 533. If I would have switched to the freeze sooner and made a few adjustments along with not rushing but taking my time I could have prolly did better.
    Style: Stroker
    In the bag: C300 Wicked Encounter, C300 Freeze, Hammer Arson Hybrid, Hammer Cobalt Vibe, and Brunswick T Zone

PAP 4.25 over x .25 up

High Series: 716
    High Game: 273

Chats: 0

Nicely done! What is your average at your home center?

It is so important to try other centers, the variation can be huge.

I see a lot of people attending tournaments with impressive declared averages only to bomb during the event. I have also been guilty of this when the center/conditions are difficult.

Bowling is such a difficult sport to quantify ability in... Non-bowlers will never understand this, very frustrating!

Someone's 220+ league average pales into insignificance at a big tourney where the winner has had to grind out a 190 average to take home the win...

It is too easy to measure any sport with set scores as a level playing field but there are just too many variables in our field!

Did the center have any league sheets on display, you can get a feel for how 'good' your scores were by comparing to these.

I am in the UK so everything is relatively nearby & I am able to bowl at 2 centers regularly which play very differently to one another & I also get out to a few tourney's which are always different again!
    I also play in 2 travelling leagues so get to experience quite a few centers through that, all aids the experience & allows you to make the necessary calls (Be it ball change or line/release change earlier!)

Sean

Playing at different houses is crucial. I spend more time at one house, but I love going elsewhere and have done leagues at my cities other house. At both places, you see the one-house guys strutting their stuff. Playing more places really helps your game and helps avoid those huge drop offs when conditions change.
    In the Bag: Storm Marvel Pearl, Storm IQ, Columbia 300 White Dot
    In the Locker: Storm Tropical Breeze, RG Defiant, RG Bandit

Chats: 891

i also just started bowling in a different bowling allie my self and its way different the one i use ot be at i had to go coast to coast with my freeze and it would still over hook and that is when they oil the lanes witch i dont think they knew how to because half the time the lanes never had any oil on them. but the new bowling allie im at has oil on the lanes and i have to go more straight up 10 to get a pocket shot if i cross to many boards my hell raiser revenge will not come back in.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

For my league, I bowl at one alley. When I get my Thursday lessons, it's at another. Then I alternate between a third and a fourth for regular practice.

League alleys, flooded lanes (usually), I play either the 10 or the 5 boards depending on which ball I'm using. My heavy oil ball works great on the 10. My medium oil ball does well over the 5.

Alley #2, moderate oil, ten board seems about the best. I can move to the 15. Pretty typical house shot.

Alley #3, light oil, can strip a lane of its oil within three games of it being oiled. Constantly adjusting.

Alley #4, moderate oil, can shoot the 15, the 10, or the five all with the same ball. Not the toughest alley to do well at.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I play tournaments regularly, league 3x a week plus Derrick and I will take a weekend and go to strange alleys to practice. We went to an alley about 100 miles from us, ate lunch and both shot over 800 in three games. The guy at the desk tried to recruit us for a league.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 11

My average in my house is right at 175. Only thing that i didnt like was that the speed of the ball wasnt on the screen but one o the other bowlers who has been bowling for a while said that after a while you just get a feel for your ball and basicly muscle memory.

I enjoyed it but was differnt lol... I guess I need to try more alleys in the area and every once in a while.

I do know that some of the high average bowlers in my house average lower there at the other house.
    Style: Stroker
    In the bag: C300 Wicked Encounter, C300 Freeze, Hammer Arson Hybrid, Hammer Cobalt Vibe, and Brunswick T Zone

PAP 4.25 over x .25 up

High Series: 716
    High Game: 273

I bowl in two leagues, and each is at a different alley. My Sunday night league is at a notoriously difficult alley that has synthetic lanes which are heavily and inconsistently oiled for league. It's amazing the difference between the left and right side sometimes. My average in that league is 159 (and hasn't changed in almost eight weeks), and while I've had some good games there, it's a battle for me to hit the 180 mark during any game. I never have any easy games in this house, and ringing 10's are quite common for everyone there.

The second league that I bowl in is at an alley where the lanes are still wooden and the back end reaction is a lot stronger. I'm currently carrying a 170 average in that league, but in the last six or eight weeks I've only had one week where I didn't average over 180 for the night. In this house, it's like the ball is drawn to the pocket and it's not hard to carry 10 pins.... in fact, I think I only had one or two ringing tens to have to shoot at during league earlier this week. Due to the good scores, I'm currently atop the list of most improved averages for that particular league.

Needless to say, I enjoy bowling in the second league a lot better than the first league right now. I don't know if there's really that much difference between the two houses or if it's all in my head. I really do want to be better in the first league, but it just always seems like a complete struggle. In the second league, I just step to the approach and let it rip and more times than not, it'll be a strike or an easy spare.

Chats: 0

Try and find some tournaments out where you are or just check out a bunch of different alleys. it allows you to get a feel for different shots. i used to bowl on the east coast jbts and traveled all around ct new jersey new york pa and Delaware for bowling tournaments. it really taught me a lot!

I bowl league in 2 of the three houses here in town and sometimes open bowl in the 3rd alley.

All three have different shots.
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums