Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you ever buy a new bowling ball just because???????

Chats: 0

Default Did you ever buy a new bowling ball just because???????

Maybe you made the mistake of looking at bowlingball.com to see the new releases. Or maybe they weren't new releases and you just wanted to see what each manufacturer had out at this time. Maybe it was the name of the ball or it's color or a combination of both of those. Maybe you saw the ball reaction video and thought hey, that sure looks good.
    Could be that you are getting tired of the ball or balls you have now and you need something new to keep you interested
    in the game. Maybe if you get a new ball you will have it set up right and get that first 300 game or that first 600 or 700
    series. When you find one you find yourself laying in bed and thinking about you throwing this new ball and watching it go down the alley with good revs and hooking beautifully into the pocket for a heavy hitting strike. You find yourself getting the fever that ends up pushing you to get this ball that is on your mind. You don't really need it but you want to get it just because. Next thing you know you make up your mind and you order it. Now you are at home thinking about it and you just can't wait to get it. Bowling ball fever strikes again and it got you good. You say to yourself I need it just because and that is a good enough reason. Anyway I like the name and the color. Yeah, that's it.

Chats: 243

I made a thread about this earlier in regards to buying a heavy oil ball. I have real uses for it but im pretty sure its a "just because" buy more than anything.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

yup. for some reason i bought another heavy oil ball (retired ball ) off ebay, cause i wanted to try. but i really dont need it, and still haven't drilled it...

Chats: 4

Guess I'm going to have to buy me a just because ball for
    use in the first game of league because everything I have
    now is just a little too strong on the back ends it seems like.
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Chats: 506

sure i am about to do it again and buy 3 more balls by the end of feb 2 are needs ones a want there in the order ima buy them

plastic ball
    http://www.bowlingball.com/products/...Disturbed.html the just becuz ball
    http://www.bowlingball.com/products/...Nightmare.html this is going to be a pin down bowling ball seems like a good place to start =D
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Im buying a zombie here soon...I guess its not just because cause I want a good ball for picking up spares.
    I really really really keep thinking about buying a Nightmare just because

Chats: 36

Yo Hammer, you got the bowling bug bad! LOL!

Actually , I have never purchased a ball just for the heck of it. it has always been to fill a hole in my line-up. Maybe if I hit the lottery....

Jay
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

Hammer, you're right and the ball manufacturer's know this and that's what keeps them in business. When I ran a bowling center I really had the fever because I could buy everything at cost. But once you have to start paying full price it slows down.

Just to relate a story to you, last night bowling against a team my friend was on. Followed him during practice and said, "What the heck ball are you using?" He said "An old Ebonite ANGLE". I told him (jokingly) that it was illegal to use a ball that was older than the guy he was bowling against, which just so happens the ball was 4 years older than the kid he bowled against. Long story short, that "old" ball bout him a 793 series last night !! Everyone around us was going nuts, because the angle was a urethane ball ! All night long he played second arrow and if he missed right by two to three boards it came back and crushed the pocket, and if he miss left by two board same thing. So, so much for all of this new equipment with computer generated weight blocks.
    Bob

"There truly is such a thing as a bad night and when these doomed evenings arrive you can't avoid them. But there's a bright side to this, it's that bad nights won't kill you, and sometimes will make you a little smarter."

Cranker
    Chats: 7

Having since relearned to bowl from the basics,I have re-realized that the best ball for me is a ball with a symmetrical core. I have recently gotten rid of my 508A and will be getting Columbia 300 VOW to replace it. I still have several asymmetrical core balls for when I play a longer oil pattern,but for the short oil or THS symmetrical works best for me and my rev(250-300).

Zothen

I stick with symmetrical core equipment also because of my speed, 13.5 to 14.5mph, my rev rate which isn't that high and my age which will be 66 tomorrow. YIKES! Plus I play on THS patterns that would be hard for me to play with asymmetrical equipment. If I had a high rev rate and a speed of 16 to 17mph and can play coast to coast bowling it might be a different story.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast