Thread: Someone help me!

Default Someone help me!

Hello and thank you for reading! Well me and my coach (19 yearold girl) are relly good friends and she gave me a hammer taboo! I have had the ball for awhile and it fitted fine! But I keep lofting the ball and Its not me I try to let it off easy and it just won't go! The thumb size and fingers are the Same the span is SLIGHTLY stretched very very slightly and today when I was bowling It pulled me halfway down the lane then lofted it 2 times like 6 ft in the air... What is going on the span pich what is it?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

It is most surely a fit issue but without measuring your hand and comparing to the ball I can't say what in the fit is the issue. Thumb pitch and span are very common culprits.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Could also be squeezing with the thumb. That'll cause you to stay in the ball too long.

Cranker
    Chats: 7

Go to your local pro shop and make sure the ball is a proper fit FOR YOU! Just because it fits you,doesn't mean it is a proper fit for you!

I used to loft the ball,but,I have learned to lay the ball on the lane and I get a better ball reaction. Ask the manager at your alley if you can put painters tape on the lane. If you can,put a piece of tape about 4" behind your mark(Example-2nd arrow tape would be 4" from arrow). Practice hitting the tape consisitantly.

Zothen