Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone elses house not clean the backends for league?

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by e-tank View Post
    how does it effect the lane if they dont strip the oil before they lay down new oil?
    Same way your kitchen floor would look if you didn't clean it but waxed on top. You'd have a hodgepodge of oil and dirt under oil.

I bowl at 1 house that oils, no clue if they clean, a couple hours before league then allow open play until 30-45 mins before league. I really have no clue what ball to use til practice. Its so inconsistent. Lately I been using my strongest ball on their house shot.

The other house oils and sometimes cleans before league. No open play before league as they oil right up until start time. Supposed to be same shot but I use different balls each week. seems as the weeks go by the lanes get sloppier. The first couple weeks the backends were really dry and I was using med/dry balls. now Im throwing med/heavy balls.

Our local centers are too cheap to do the lanes before league, so we bowl on crap all the time. The centers are owned by people who care more about open bowling/Glow bowling/ and Birthday parties!!

I have to drive almost two hours just to bowl at a decent house that does there job properly!!! We bowl on trash locally, and the approaches are so sticky you must wear a sock over your slide shoe just so you don't stop and fall on your head...lol

It's truly sad!!! If I could afford it I would move, but I bought a house here and have no choice but to stay here, it sucks big time!!!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Our local centers are too cheap to do the lanes before league, so we bowl on crap all the time. The centers are owned by people who care more about open bowling/Glow bowling/ and Birthday parties!!

I have to drive almost two hours just to bowl at a decent house that does there job properly!!! We bowl on trash locally, and the approaches are so sticky you must wear a sock over your slide shoe just so you don't stop and fall on your head...lol

It's truly sad!!! If I could afford it I would move, but I bought a house here and have no choice but to stay here, it sucks big time!!!
    Get your league secretary to draft up a nice letter, complaining that the conditions are unsuitable for league bowling. Have all your league sign it. Better yet, hit the leagues other than yours and see if you can't get more on board. Faced with several leagues of unhappy bowlers, maybe your house will start dressing the lanes properly.

We had a center do this locally, and they went out of business because all the leagues left for another house. Some people are slow learners.

one house here that re-oils between leagues usually trips the backends but if the early league goe late they skip that part.

Makes for significantly different conditions because ~1/2 of the early league throws plastic balls.
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12