Thread: And my accuracy improves!

Chats: 30

Default And my accuracy improves!

I am changing between my 12 lb Pyramid Path and my 14 lb T-Zone.... when I got the T-zone I thought it was to heavy, so dropped down to the 12 lb but just after a few short weeks have moved back up to the 14 lb ball which actually feels very very comfortable to throw right now.

My accuracy is increasing significantly. Throwing splits up the wazoo (unintentionally), but at least walking away with usually 1 pin standing instead of missing my mark entirely. I threw my hubby's Black Mamba (13 lb) and that thing went straight as an arrow. All he could do was look at me and shake his head. He throws it and it hooks like a dream. I know it is all in my release so now need to take the steps to move up to being able to throw a hook.

Woot!

Hubby adopted a new ball. A Black Mamba. He loves throwing it so I am now the proud owner of a slightly used 14lb Ebonite Cyclone. It's in the process of getting re-drilled. Started throwing different last night and went from a 75 (told you I was a noobie) to a 116 in a single game. I'd like to consider it a fluke but I don't think it was. By the time the 3rd game had rolled (no pun intended) around, was feeling very confident and comfortable with my TZone. For the first time since I've been bowling everything felt "just right"

Chats: 55

You will continue to see more and more accuracy and score as you get more consistent. Consistency comes from repetition. Repetition comes from lots of practice (remember there are lots of things you can do at home for practice), learning, and passion.

Keep up the good work!

I got my Cyclone back today. Probably need to take a hiatus from bowling since I broke a toe (not from bowling but from a ninja who moved a foot stool in front of me when I was walking in the living room). The Pro I use stuck it in a DV8 misfit box.... he's teasing me...

I did bowl again last night and despite the broken toe, managed a lot better numbers than previous games. I'm breaking over that 100 score, which for me is a lot considering in mid-April when I started I was happy to break 80!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 67

i think you are ready to sign up for a league, it will be a big help getting your accuracy, speed, timing...and average up.
    above all you will enjoy bowling with others and find they are willing to help not only give advice but encouragement as well.
    a short summer league to start with as an introduction would be perfect for you to try then you can make an educated choice
    as to rather or not you would like to sign up for a long term commitment for a long drawn out winter league. this of course
    is only a suggestion, you certainly don't have to go by my opinion, i just wanted to voice it so i put it out there. in reality
    practice makes perfect and if your bowling at the same place same time every week that is helping with consistancy and
    giving you a chance to learn how the lanes there re-act from week to week.
    JUDY / JUDY / JUDY...5/24/13 BOWLING RECORD AMF EULESS LANES HG 216 / HS 535
    PIN PALS, "PLEASE, " SPARE ME SOME STRIKES !!!
    I AM A HAPPY...BLESSED...PROUD...MEMBER...BOWLINGBOARDS.C OM

Thank you for the advice

Hubby and I have both signed up for a short 8 week league at the local Brunswick center. It doesn't start until July 7th, so it gives me one month to get back on my feet. I'm tempted to go throw a few lines today as both the local Brunswick and AMF have Memorial Day Weekend specials going.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 67

superb sounds great! happy bowling! enjoy your week end and share your scores on the boards for your chance to win one of the weekly ball give-a-ways.
    JUDY / JUDY / JUDY...5/24/13 BOWLING RECORD AMF EULESS LANES HG 216 / HS 535
    PIN PALS, "PLEASE, " SPARE ME SOME STRIKES !!!
    I AM A HAPPY...BLESSED...PROUD...MEMBER...BOWLINGBOARDS.C OM

Chats: 1

If you think 2 lbs makes a difference you should try a 1/2 lb. Just that little amount is huge when it comes to bowling balls. Balls do not weigh exactly 14 or 15 or 16, etc. A 15 lb ball may weigh 14 lbs 12 oz or 15 lbs 3 oz. If you go from a 15 to a 14 weigh the 15 to determine exact weight and then ask for a ball that is exactly one lb less.....taking into consideration the drilling and inserts.