Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My form on video here

Chats: 39

Quote Originally Posted by GoodGorilla View Post
    I'm just lazy when it comes to getting coaching, I figure I would spend the money better bowling more games.
    Get a coach! Trust me.....an hour with a good coach is worth more than 50 or even 100 games playing on your own.

One of these days I'll have to post a comparison video from how I used to play to how I now play after a few coaching lessons. It's worth it, believe me.

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    Bill.....Trying to get Ryan to take a ride down to my bowling center to help him out. He's less than an hour away and I think I could rally help him. Like you said it's really hard to put many of the pieces of information into words. Hopefully he can get down here this summer.

By the way, have you heard from Ben or Scotty? I haven't in 2-3 weeks. just wondering.

I could go down there the 22 or 23rd this month. 22nd is a saturday.
    Last edited by GoodGorilla; 06-10-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Ringer
    Chats: 23

hey bill and Bob I will email you guys soon. been crazy around here same with Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodGorilla View Post
    I could go down there the 22 or 23rd this month. 22nd is a saturday.
    Sounds good...just remind me a couple of days ahead of time that you'll be coming down. Just pull a map quest for Oakfield lanes. Real easy to find. Put my cell phone # in your phone just in case...813-716-3641.
    Bob

"There truly is such a thing as a bad night and when these doomed evenings arrive you can't avoid them. But there's a bright side to this, it's that bad nights won't kill you, and sometimes will make you a little smarter."

Quote Originally Posted by Tampabaybob View Post
    Sounds good...just remind me a couple of days ahead of time that you'll be coming down. Just pull a map quest for Oakfield lanes. Real easy to find. Put my cell phone # in your phone just in case...813-716-3641.
    Sweet, Another number to add to my "drunk call" list.

LOL...don't think I can respond to that kind of help. The 22nd is fine with me. The kids should be done about 12:30 or so, so just come on down. Just look for the "old guy" in the Blue shirt that say's Coach Bob on it.
    Bob

"There truly is such a thing as a bad night and when these doomed evenings arrive you can't avoid them. But there's a bright side to this, it's that bad nights won't kill you, and sometimes will make you a little smarter."

SandBagger

Quote Originally Posted by Tampabaybob View Post
    LOL...don't think I can respond to that kind of help. The 22nd is fine with me. The kids should be done about 12:30 or so, so just come on down. Just look for the "old guy" in the Blue shirt that say's Coach Bob on it.
    Sounds good. Would you be up for some games? I'd rather just play several games on my first visit. I can usually bowl anywhere for 8 to 10 games at a time. If you want to just coach me, that's fine too since working on my balance arm has messed up my game.

Yeah, I was planning on bowling with you as well. Don't think I can handle THAT many games anymore, but we'll see. Bring the balls you use the most and have the most confidence in. The house shot is 40' and the shot is usually around the 7 - 8 board. If you crank the ball you can easily swing it and score well. Not this year but last year my Thursday night league had 37 - 300 games ! It's a very good scoring house. I'll make sure we get fresh oiled lanes as well.

See you on the 22nd !!
    Bob

SandBagger

Here are the notes I took from you:

1. Keep right foot down by sliding it to the left during release.

2. Keep balance arm above shoulder height after release. You said I don't have to, but I do because I will stop doing it out of habit.

3. Keep bowing elbow as far into the lane after release.

4. Spare system.

-Do not look at feet at line up.
    -Line up the ball 5 boards to the left of the arrow you intend to cross the ball over.
    -If the lanes are dry, adjust your target 2 boards right, and move you feet 1 left.
    -If the lanes are oily, adjust your target 2 boards left, and move 1 board right.

5. If unbalanced one way or the other after throwing the ball:

-Falling to the right means your feet are moving to fast, and need to slow them down.
    -Falling to the left means your feet are moving to slow, and need to speed them up.

6. Sometimes if you miss your target by 5 boards or so:
    -You are probably picking your head up before you are releasing the ball. So you have to make sure you are staring down your target until after you release the ball.

7. Looking out for a dead zone.
    -If your ball is traveling over a line that has been played to much. Move 1 or two boards left, and same with feet.

8. Do not pushball away from the center of the body. Push the ball away from your elbow tucked in from the right side.

9. My ball speed for my Meanstreak is good for about 14.5 - 15, and crossing the 3rd arrow. Starting position was right foot on the 25th board.

Thanks for the help, and the good time. Hopefully I could do it again in a few months.

Ryan....glad you could come down today and I hope that it will end up being very productive for you. You have all of the pieces of the puzzle, now it putting it all together. You have the knowledge, now it's putting it into use. Just be aware of what your ball is doing from the split second you release it until it falls off of the pin deck. Get some practice, try these things out that I showed you, and let me know how you're doing. Good luck and let me know if you want to come down again and we'll set something up. Had a good time too, and as you can see I love the game and love to pass on knowledge gained from many, many years of experience. You might say this is my legacy to the sport.
    Bob

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123