Find out more about your favorite PBA Superstars! See newly exempt player Ronnie Russell’s responses below and be on the lookout for more PBA players in the future.

1.) When did you realize that you wanted to become a professional bowler?

I want to be a professional bowler when I was about 7-8 years old.

2.) What was the biggest obstacle you overcame to become a professional bowler?

Convincing everyone around me that it was a good career move.

3.) What is your favorite childhood bowling memory?

Winning my first Indiana tour (TKO) singles title in South Bend, Indiana

4.) Finish the sentence: “Growing up, the bowling center was my...”

Home away from home.

5.) Did you have a bowling role model as a kid and if so why that person?

Bob Learn Jr. gave me the boost of inspiration I needed. He averaged about 280 in Erie, PA in a stadium finals event. I even bought a couple AMF RPM Swirls that he used that day. It was awesome!

6.) What is your biggest strength?

Being able to create different releases and rolls on the ball; adapting to anything we bowl on.

7.) What is your biggest weakness?

Not knowing when to use my strengths and being confident with every decision I make.

8.) How old were you when you received your first bowling ball and how did it make you feel to have your very own?

I was about 5 years old. I won it for selling the most candy in my league. It was a Blue Gyro Hook Shot. Great times!

9.) What is your favorite bowling ball of all time?

The Michael Jordan Slam black ball.

10.) What advice would you give to someone who aspires to become a professional bowler?

Just make sure you are ready mentally and physically. Whatever you do, just be yourself. I went through a stage and I see a lot of others too, who try to bowl like everyone else.