Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Vdubtx's bowling scores

Chats: 32

Nice Bowling Vdub
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 256

Thanks Amyers. Was bowling against a 187 average(yeah right) bowler who could not miss the pocket. Cranker with ton of revs and he had incredible carry. First 2 games he had my by 22 and 2 pins respectively. Game 3 we were matching each other, he left 10 pin to start and ran off 6 in a row. He tugged and went high and I struck for my 7th. He opened and I struck a few more times to catch the 24 he was up on me and beat in totals by 9 pins.

Our opposing team last night is for sure sand bagging when they want to. Their anchor bowler last week had a 290, very good bowler when I watched him during leagues last year. He is only averaging 204 right now.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

I bowled against a woman last Sunday who averages 125 never missed the pocket on a single shot all night. She's not a sandbagger just had that kind of night She ended up with a 740 handicap series. Not beating that with my 10 pins of handicap.

Current arsenal

My wife and I joined a league at a different center this fall. It's a senior recreational league, supposedly, where the handicap is set at 95% of 225. The center caters to senior leagues, and puts out 35 feet of very light oil to let the non-bowlers think that they can hook a ball. Personally, I averaged 171 for the first six weeks, and figured out last week that I need to start the league where I end up after four games in my other leagues. Once I figured it out, I was actually able to bowl over 200, at least for my first game. Guess what happened. I was accused of sandbagging. Personally I'm not saying that sandbagging does not exist. I know it does. I do think, however, that accusations of sandbagging are thrown around way too often for the good of the game.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    My wife and I joined a league at a different center this fall. It's a senior recreational league, supposedly, where the handicap is set at 95% of 225. The center caters to senior leagues, and puts out 35 feet of very light oil to let the non-bowlers think that they can hook a ball. Personally, I averaged 171 for the first six weeks, and figured out last week that I need to start the league where I end up after four games in my other leagues. Once I figured it out, I was actually able to bowl over 200, at least for my first game. Guess what happened. I was accused of sandbagging. Personally I'm not saying that sandbagging does not exist. I know it does. I do think, however, that accusations of sandbagging are thrown around way too often for the good of the game.
    After seeing YOU IN ACTION if Vegas, I would say you ARE a Sandbagging Bowling Machaine! In the finales you DID JUST WHAT you needed to win each game, including beating ICEMAN by 3 fricken pin by striking out in the 10th. 224, Ice,,,,, 227 Sandbagger, I mean Rob!!

Is Rob a SANDBAGGER?? hummmmmmm,,, or just LUCKY!!! Was it JUST Lucky Strikes,,,, LOL
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 10-22-2014 at 01:08 PM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 256

Thursday Fun Night

I knew coming into tonight it would be a competitive night. Even though it is my fun night we were bowling against a good bowler, 2nd high average in the league.

In warm ups, I wasn't able to find a good line with the Hyper Cell. Stuck with it though and made a few adjustments.

Game 1 started off the night tugging the ball and went very high brooklyn for a lucky strike. Followed that up with the next 5 before leaving a 10 pin. Went high leaving 3-10, then punched out for a nice 267. Beat the other bowler by 32 pins.

Game 2 kept going where I left off starting with a strike, 10 pin, double, in the pocket with the 7-10 standing and 1 pin rolling which luckily took out the 10 pin before pin setter came down. Next time up ringing 10 pin. Then ran off the next 5 before picking my speed up and leaving a bucket in the fill for a nice 244. Beat my competitor by 53.

Game 3 started with a 10 pin, turkey, 7 pin, turkey, 10 pin and turkey to finish out with a good 248. Other bowler had me this game, he put together a nice 268.

267-244-248 = 759

All in all not too shabby and a 30 clean series. Can't complain about that at all. 5 10 pin pick ups, 2 7 pins and the one 3-10 were all that stood the whole night for a 75% strike percentage and 9.64 first ball average.

My team barely showed up tonight and we lost all 4. All good though, we always have fun and I won 2 hands of poker along with multiple "money balls". Money ball is a quarter game we play where every 5th strike the team has pays out $0.50 per member. I can typically walk out of there with $5 in quarters some nights.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Fun indeed 759!! Nice shooting! Hope you can make it to the Real Men Bowl on Wood tornament , June 13th! I hope to meet many of you on this forum! Keep it in mind!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Congrats on the nice series Vdub keep it up.

Current arsenal

Great series vdub! Glad you had fun along with it.

Awesome bowling!

Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast