Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread: Vdubtx's bowling scores

Chats: 256

Thursday Fun league:

Game 1 using Hyper Cell. 10 pin to start off the night, turkey, 10 pin which I flagged, turkey before going bit light leaving 2-8, converted that and struck for 225.

Game 2 continued with Hyper Cell, 10 pin to start again, 4 pin, double, 10 pin, 4 bagger, 10 pin, and nice pocket 7-10 to finish out in the fill for a 235.

Game 3 again kept with Hyper Cell and a strike to start, 7 pin and with a bone headed move missed it, strike, 8 pin and this is where I started to make a ball change on the particular lane. Switched to IQ Fusion on right side. Strike on left lane with Hyper Cell, strike on right with IQ Fusion, through the nose with a slight drop in speed with Hyper Cell leaving 3-6-7-10 which I did convert. Finished out the game with IQ Fusion and 5 in a row for a 224.

Should have actually changed to the IQ Fusion much sooner since I was leaving so many back row pins with the Hyper Cell. Felt good all night though, hit my target each and every shot. Made some good adjustments, but as I said should have changed ball sooner with so many back row left standing.

225-235-224 = 684
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    Nice bowling. You better get another disturbed for the closet while you can. We all come across equipment that suits our game better than others sometimes.
    Thanks, yeah for this particular house I actually might get another some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksox1 View Post
    Clean 30 and 767 followed by another 700+. Well done vdubtx.
    Thank you.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 32

Vdub you have been killing it here lately congrats man
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Vdub you have been killing it here lately congrats man
    Exactly. Aren't "we" at the point where it's time to take that big next step into PBA Regional competition? I mean, how much is there to prove with a 225 average on a THS?

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Exactly. Aren't "we" at the point where it's time to take that big next step into PBA Regional competition? I mean, how much is there to prove with a 225 average on a THS?
    Averaging 225 even on house shot is an accomplishment. That puts you in .5-1.0 percentile of sanctioned bowlers. I have bowled in 5 regional events and seeing vdubs game on video tells me he could compete.
    Last edited by fortheloveofbowling; 12-05-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Averaging 225 even on house shot is an accomplishment. That puts you in .5-1.0 percentile of sanctioned bowlers. I have bowled in 5 regional events and seeing vdubs game on video tells me he could compete.
    Totally agree FTLOB.

In the past, an average of 191…more like 215…you were a house pro and the best in your THS league…and starting to think about the PBA. Nowadays, 190-215 is fairly common…still AWESOME…but not PBA material. But 220? 225? And VDub has compteted at the USBC. He's used to sport shot leagues…competition.

I've tried to nudge Iceman…mostly because I'd like to see him compete at a higher level before his body starts to break down. And I don't mean that in a "mean" way…I just see that as the biggest risk to bowlers is that as we age…the knees and shoulders are going to go. It causes probably the most bowlers to have to quit. I'd like to see what Iceman and his all-star amateur team could do on the big stage.

But with VDubtx…and I'm not trying to kiss up here…don't want to ruin my "rep"…but VDub is ready. NOW. There's not much more to accomplish at this point in a house league. Sure it's fun. I'd love to see my name at the top of the list every week. But come on man…aren't ya curious? Don't you just kinda "wonder" if that could be you in the TV finals??

I can't say I'm "confident" he could win…I mean, it's the top of the top. But, if anyone on here could do it, I think VDub could. FWIW

Totally agree FTLOB.

In the past, an average of 191…more like 215…you were a house pro and the best in your THS league…and starting to think about the PBA. Nowadays, 190-215 is fairly common…still AWESOME…but not PBA material. But 220? 225? And VDub has compteted at the USBC. He's used to sport shot leagues…competition.

I've tried to nudge Iceman…mostly because I'd like to see him compete at a higher level before his body starts to break down. And I don't mean that in a "mean" way…I just see that as the biggest risk to bowlers is that as we age…the knees and shoulders are going to go. It causes probably the most bowlers to have to quit. I'd like to see what Iceman and his all-star amateur team could do on the big stage.

But with VDubtx…and I'm not trying to kiss up here…don't want to ruin my "rep"…but VDub is ready. NOW. There's not much more to accomplish at this point in a house league. Sure it's fun. I'd love to see my name at the top of the list every week. But come on man…aren't ya curious? Don't you just kinda "wonder" if that could be you in the TV finals??

I can't say I'm "confident" he could win…I mean, it's the top of the top. But, if anyone on here could do it, I think VDub could. FWIW
    He could compete at the REGIONAL LEVEL. When i say compete i mean in the mix for a check occasionally. Those guys at the regional level you have never heard of can really bowl. The national tour is a whole different animal.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Totally agree FTLOB.

I agree with your thoughts on VD,,, but its hard to shoot for something that pays so damn little, with the exception a small handful! One thing about the pro's, it almost always sports shooting, not sure VD how do you fare on sport league's? Do you bowl on any at this time. I can't find ONE in the Kansas city area. I was told this summer their might be a few! Believe me if I can find one, Ice is going to jump on it!

My dream would be Sports pattern on Wood lanes!! Did the pros in the 50's 60's bowl sports patterns??? I think that's a new tread that started to make it more challenging with the oil, and balls!

Anyone know when SPORTS SHOTS First started out, and what the first machine was that laid that pattern? Surly MIke White knows.... huh!!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    I agree with your thoughts on VD,,, but its hard to shoot for something that pays so damn little, with the exception a small handful! One thing about the pro's, it almost always sports shooting, not sure VD how do you fare on sport league's? Do you bowl on any at this time. I can't find ONE in the Kansas city area. I was told this summer their might be a few! Believe me if I can find one, Ice is going to jump on it!

My dream would be Sports pattern on Wood lanes!! Did the pros in the 50's 60's bowl sports patterns??? I think that's a new tread that started to make it more challenging with the oil, and balls!

Anyone know when SPORTS SHOTS First started out, and what the first machine was that laid that pattern? Surly MIke White knows.... huh!!!
    There could be a book written about the history of lane conditions and surfaces throughout the years. In regards to the pba, throughout the 60's and 70's they had 5 or 6 patterns they would use depending on the center they were in. If they were in a center were the track was totally destroyed then the shot would be inside but the condition of the surface really dictated in most cases what pattern they would use. There is a great article in the november bowlers journal about the struggles the lane maintenance crew went through in the late 60's and early 70's trying to create an even field for tournaments. As far as the usbc sport leagues that was started in the last 10-12 years i think? If you don't have access to a sport league you can try to sharpen your skills by playing a part of the lane that is tough for you to get to the pocket well or use a plastic or urethane ball. Sorry vdub about adding all this extra stuff to your thread.
    Last edited by fortheloveofbowling; 12-06-2014 at 03:43 PM.

He could compete at the REGIONAL LEVEL. When i say compete i mean in the mix for a check occasionally. Those guys at the regional level you have never heard of can really bowl. The national tour is a whole different animal.
    I don't know…there were some regional guys that did pretty darn good at the WSOB this year. I think it's a smaller difference than people think. Regional guys USED TO be at a real disadvantage because they didn't get the big sponsorships that would allow them to compete at the National level…and the National guys would always get exempted back into a spot. Once the sponsorships started declining, and the PBA changed their exemption process…a lot more regional guys started moving up.

And it's not about the money (Iceman). It just isn't. It's about 20 years from now when VDub has a sore knee, a foot issue, and a bum shoulder…and he sees a guy just like him except 20 years younger…and that guy just won a pBA regional. And thats when regret sets in. And it's the worst kind of regret because it shows up just after you could actually do something about it.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast