Page 223 of 226 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226 LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2253

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Chats: 204

Wednesday Night Established Men's League

Week 22 - position round

564 Series: 195-193-176

X, X, X, X, 7 /, 9 /, 7 -, X, 9 -, 9 /7.
    Got enough practice in to realize I might have a better shot with the Scorpion Sting. Figured it'd be just my luck that I roll my first sanctioned perfect game, on a night when we were bowling solo because the opposing team decided to post bowl. No honors if the other team isn't there. But, I pushed the shot in the 5th and then it was a series of bad shots to finish.

X, 7 2, X, 7 2, X, 9 -, X, X, X, X 9 /.
    Became apparent that the left lane was giving me problems. 7 /, 7 -, and a 9 - at the end of Game 1. Now 7 2, 7 2, 9 - to start Game 2.

8 /, 7 / , X, X, 9 -, X, 6 /, X, 6 -, X 9 /.
    Intermittent strikes, but two opens with one being in the 9th...not so good.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.94 pins
    Strikes: 51%
    Spares: 53% picked up

Single Pin spares: 57% (4/7)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (4x)
    Also left a single 2-pin, 4-pin, and 6-pin.

Makeable spares: 53% (8/15)
    Multiple Pin spares: 50% (4/8)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 1-2-4 (3x)

Splits: N/A

Average over 3 games: 188.00.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 199.67.

Positives
    - Team is in 1st place and we probably took 3 out of 4 points.
    -Knee and Achilles are generally good.
    - Made a lot of good shots.

Negatives
    - Barely missed 3 single-pins.

Not a great score...but better than last week and most of the shots felt good.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Sunday Night Established Mixed League

Week 22 - position round

507 Series: 182-163-162

Another missed single-pin to set the tone for the night. Stuck with the Trident Odyssey (TO), but was having to move inside much quicker than usual.
    9 -, S8 1, X, X, X, 9 /, 8 1, X, 7 /, X 8 -.

Kept with the TO, but changed to the Force Pearl (FP) in the 8th. I was way inside my comfort zone at this point. Open in the 10th killed me.
    X, X, S7 2, 7 2, X, 9 /, 7 2, X, X, 7 1.

Stuck with the FP in Game 3...but had to keep moving RIGHT...because my line, hand, and speed were not aligned and I either sent the call a little wide and didn't hit the 1-pin OR I'd pull the shot a little and go through the nose.
    8 /, 7 -, 6 3, 9 /, X, 6 1, 7 /, 7 /, X, X 8 /.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.56 pins
    Strikes: 40%
    Spares: 42% picked up

Single Pin spares: 75% (3/4)
    Most common single-pin leaves: n/a
    Left a single 6-pin, 7-pin, 9-pin, and 10-pin.

Makeable spares: 47% (8/17)
    Multiple Pin spares: 38% (5/13)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 1-2-10, 6-10, 3-6-10, 1-2-8-10, and 1-2-4. (2x each)

Splits: 0% (0/2)

Average over 3 games: 169.00.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 172.00.

Positives
    - Knees felt okay.

Negatives
    - Spare shooting was very bad.
    - Strike rate was bad.
    - Never shot my average.
    - Team lost all 4 points.

A lot more ball movement. Had to move in about 7 with my eyes and about 15 with my feet. Just felt "off" all night.

Team likely fell from 3rd to 6th or 7th.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Week 23

558 Series: 177-235-146

X, 9 /, 9 /, X, X, 7 1, 9 /, 8 /, 9 /, 9 -.
    Had a great line in practice, but I just couldn't carry. Then, stone 8 in the 10th...I push the shot right and 'barely' missed it.

X, X, 9 -, 8 /, 9 /, X, X, X, X, X 9 /.
    Balled down to the Scorpion Sting (SS) and had a very good shot. All 3 single-pins were 10-pins and I made 2 out of 3.

9 /, S7 - , 7 1, 7 2, X, 8 /, 9 /, 9 /, 9 /, 9 -.
    Wanted to stick with the SS, but I was clearly hitting light and I couldn't realistically loft the ball any further than I was. So, I thought maybe it was time to move to the Force Pearl (FP), but that didn't work. Switched to the Rhino Gold, but that wasn't working either. Finally just went back to the Force Pearl and adjusted my line...but I wasn't making great shots and wasn't getting carry when I did make a good shot. Then, another open in the 10th.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.00 pins
    Strikes: 35%
    Spares: 65% picked up

Single Pin spares: 76% (10/13)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (6x)
    Also left a single 2-pin, 4-pin, 7-pin (2x), 8-pin, and 9-pin.

Makeable spares: 68% (13/19)
    Multiple Pin spares: 50% (3/6)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 2-4-5 (2x)

Splits: 0% (0/1)

Average over 3 games: 186.00.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 197.33.

Positives
    - Team is in 1st place and we probably took 3 out of 4 points.
    - Knees felt fine.
    - Had a nice 235 game.

Negatives
    - Really "lost my way" after game 2, and it took me far too long to get a decent shot.
    - Cost our team Game 3.

Gotta figure out this carry issue. Far too many pocket, flush hits that resulted in single-pin leaves. The stats are crystal clear...ya can't score well with a 35% strike rate. And, you have to be nearly perfect on spare conversions at that strike rate.

Week 24

Still in first place and dominating the league.

656 Series: 234-216-206

X, X, X, X, 8 1, X, 9 /, 9 /, X, XX9.
    Was striking like crazy in practice and the line stayed true until the 7th frame when the Trident Odyssey starting hitting light. I took a chance and balled down to the Scorpion Sting (SS) in the 9th and things were back to clicking.

X, X, 7 1, X, 9 /, X, X, 7 /, X, XXS6.
    I shouldn't have been surprised in the Scorpion Sting (SS). I used it last week and shot a 235. Only made a few bad shots and converted all but one spare; but I couldn't run as many strikes together in Game 2.

9 /, X, 9 /, 9 -, 8 1, S7 2, X, X, X, XXX.
    Completely lost my line early in the game. But, I managed to find a more inside line that was working for a solid finish that allowed me to salvage a 200+ game and 650+ series.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.33 pins
    Strikes: 63%
    Spares: 54% picked up

Single Pin spares: 83% (5/6)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (4x)
    Also left a single 4-pin and 9-pin.

Makeable spares: 60% (6/10)
    Multiple Pin spares: 25% (1/4)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 6-10 (2x)

Splits: 0% (0/1)

Average over 3 games: 218.67.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 222.00.

Positives
    - 60% or higher strike rate = GOOD night.
    - Converted all 4 10-pins.
    - Highest series of my team and the opposing team, despite half the bowlers having a higher average coming in.
    - Team took all 4 points!
    - Won the final card game!

Negatives
    - Half my multi-pin leaves were 6-10s and I chopped them both.
    - NO clean games!
    - Still struggling to be consistent enough to put up an honor score or even a 700 series.

Felt really good. Was making decent to good shots. Made good adjustments and a good ball change. We were missing our #2 bowler (sick). So, there were a LOT of frames where everyone struck and one person opened...which is a beer frame for our team. Man oh man...I think I drank 4 gin and tonics and was working on a 5th. I usually only drink 1-2. Fortunately, they were on the 'weak' side...but I was starting to worry that by game 3 I'd be too tipsy to make a good shot.
    Last edited by Aslan; 02-08-2024 at 02:37 PM.

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Very nice!
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Week 24

Bowling against a team that pre-bowled. Being in Kansas during the super bowl...bowling while the game is on...only half the teams actually showed up.

562 Series: 179-214-169

Just ughh/blah/meh...whatever terms the kids are using these days. Very similar to my first game 2 weeks ago.
    9 -, 6 2, X, X, X, 9 -, X, 9 /, 9 /, 8 / 8.

Switched to the Scorpion Sting in the 10th frame of Game 1 and stuck with it the rest of the night. An unconverted 6-7 split away from a clean game.
    X, 7 /, X, S8 1, X, X, X, 8 /, X, X 8 /.

Split issues continued until the 10th, where I had a chance to still make my average but barely missed a 10-pin to open.
    X, S8 1, X, 8 /, S8 -, X, X, 8 /, 9 /, 9 -.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.03 pins
    Strikes: 46%
    Spares: 56% picked up

Single Pin spares: 50% (3/6)
    Most common single-pin leaves: 3-pin and 10-pin (2x each)
    Also left a single 2-pin and 4-pin.

Makeable spares: 69% (9/13)
    Multiple Pin spares: 85% (6/7)
    Most common multi-pin leave: n/a

Splits: 0% (0/3)

Average over 3 games: 187.33.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 197.67.

Positives
    - Stats were better, for the most part, than when I last bowled this league two weeks ago.
    - Team took 3 out of 4 and should still be somewhere in the top 5.
    - Rare night where I shot multi-pin spares well.

Negatives
    - Single-pin spare shooting was abysmal. Missed a 4-pin, 10-pin, and 3-pin.
    - Made more "bad shots" than usual.

Seemed to have a very solid shot standing just left of center and targeting 9 at the arrows. But, I wasn't carrying if I pushed or pulled my shot. Ya like to have some "wiggle room"...especially on a THS, but it just wasn't there. I was also firing a little "hot". When my ball speed gets in the 15-16mph range...it usually means 2-pin combos. I hate to get any close to the foul line than IO already am in Game 1, but trying to keep the speed and move right seems to hit weak and leave 10-pins. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Week 25

Still in first place and dominating the league.

555 Series: 158-209-188

7 /, 9 /, 8 /, S8 1, X, X, S6 -, 8 /, 7 2, 9 /X.
    Had trouble with the ball reacting more than usual. Had to make a 1:2 move left to start, but continued to have to move left and pay a rather high penalty to gain the information.

S8 -, X, X, 9 /, X, X, 7 /, 8 /, 7 /, XXX.
    I pulled out the Scorpion Sting in the 10th frame of Game 1 and stuck with it in Game 2. Not a 'bad' game, only one frame/split away from a clean game, but frustrating that I couldn't run more than 2 strikes in a row until the 10th.

8 /, X, 8 /, X, 8 -, X, X, X, S6 3, X 8 -.
    Similar game to Game 2. Not 'terrible', but not great. Split in the 9th, on a 2-4-8-10 leave...just killed me.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.79 pins
    Strikes: 47%
    Spares: 61% picked up

Single Pin spares: 100% (3/3)
    Most common single-pin leave: n/a
    Left a single 5-pin, 8-pin, and 10-pin.

Makeable spares: 78% (11/14)
    Multiple Pin spares: 72% (8/11)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 3-6-10 and 3-6 (2x each)

Splits: 0% (0/4)

Average over 3 games: 185.00.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: n/a.

Positives
    - Picked up all my single-pins, even though it was only 3 pins.
    - Much better night picking up multi-pin/makeable spares.
    - Won 2 out of 3 card games!

Negatives
    - Only one game over my average.
    - Too many splits.
    - Not enough strikes.
    - Couldn't run strikes together when I did get them.
    - Team lost (for maybe only the 2nd time this season) all 4 points.

Tough night. When you're not winning, it doesn't hurt as bad. But, when you're not used to losing...it's a very hollow feeling. The other team was SO much better than us (in terms of talent). I think 3 out of 4 had 200+ averages and the other two were at 197 each. Our anchor barely averages 200 and I have the 2nd highest average at 189...so there's just nothing we can do when they start crushing the pocket.

I felt okay. Achilles has been sore lately. Knees were fine. There was a mix of good shots that didn't carry and bad shots that carried more than they should have...just stinks getting your posterior handed to you. Welcome to the big leagues I guess.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post

- Team lost (for maybe only the 2nd time this season) all 4 points.

Tough night. When you're not winning, it doesn't hurt as bad. But, when you're not used to losing...it's a very hollow feeling. The other team was SO much better than us (in terms of talent). I think 3 out of 4 had 200+ averages and the other two were at 197 each. Our anchor barely averages 200 and I have the 2nd highest average at 189...so there's just nothing we can do when they start crushing the pocket.

I felt okay. Achilles has been sore lately. Knees were fine. There was a mix of good shots that didn't carry and bad shots that carried more than they should have...just stinks getting your posterior handed to you. Welcome to the big leagues I guess.
    With roughly two thirds of the season passed I have had a strange season. My Thursday league lost three teams from last year. It’s a trios league and both of my teammates from last year quit and I picked up two new ones. We cruised to a big lead in the first half and cinched it with a week to go. In January one of my teammates asked me to join his Wednesday senior league. It fits well in my schedule since I try to be at the alley to coach from 4-5:30 and the league starts at 1:00 pm. My new team was in first when I joined and we’re still in first by a good margin. On Thursday my team was tied for last place at the start of bowling. It feels like I’m throwing the ball well but my average is down about ten pins.

Hope you can take the positives forward into next week, especially the good spare shooting, and the strikes and the wins will follow.
    John

Week 25

Bowled against a terrible team; so we actually had to make up pins for a change.

552 Series: 189-223-140

The usual. A couple strikes hear and there...two missed single pins. Blah. But, it was over my average (in this league).
    X, 9 -, X, X, 8 /, X, X, 9 /, S7 1, X 9 -.

Decided to switch to the Scorpion Sting (SS). Still wasn't right. The other team was bad and they were throwing polyester balls all over the place. I had the inside to myself. But, finally switched to the Force Pearl (FP) in the 8th. Struck out for a decent second game.
    S7 2, 9 /, X, X, X, 9 /, 6 3, X, X, XXX.

Seemed to have a decent line the first half of the game...then it was pocket hits leaving 10-pins....8th, 9th, and 10th frames.
    9 /, X, X, S6 -, X, 8 -, - 9, 9 /, 9 -, 9 -.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.88 pins
    Strikes: 51%
    Spares: 37% picked up

Single Pin spares: 55% (5/9)
    Most common single-pin leaves: 10-pin (4x)
    Never left a single 1-pin, 4-pin, 8-pin, nor 9-pin.

Makeable spares: 46% (6/13)
    Multiple Pin spares: 25% (1/4)
    Most common multi-pin leave: n/a

Splits: 0% (0/3)

Average over 3 games: 184.00.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 195.67.

Positives
    - Struck a little more than last week.
    - Two games above my average and above my league average (slightly) on the night.
    - Team took 4 all 4 points and will be either in or tied for 2nd place next week.
    - Despite not having a brace on either knee (laundry), and forgetting to stretch, I finished with only a little soreness in the Achilles.

Negatives
    - Spare shooting was terrible.
    - Not entirely sure I like my recent surface changes to the Odyssey and Scorpion Sting.
    - Speed was a little off (low) which probably contributed to my need to move left so much.

Not sure I like the Step 1 finish on the Trident Odyssey. Gonna try 1500 and see what happens.

Week 26

Still in first place and dominating the league...but coming off a 0-4 outing last week to a team of high average rollers.

571 Series: 190-180-201

S7 -, 9 /, X, X, 9 /, 9 -, X, X, 8 /, 9 / 9.
    Was struggling early. Lanes were playing really dry. Just when I thought I had my line, I realized it was time to ball down. But, similar result...so it was time for "Aslan's NUCLEAR OPTION", i.e. may Ball # 3 Vintage Gold Rhino (won right here on Boards.com!!). But, now I needed to adjust right (and adjust my angle) because the Rhino Gold, even with a 3000 surface, doesn't have the same mojo as the Odyssey and Sting.

X, X, 7 /, X, 9 -, 9 /, X, 9 -, X, 9 / 7.
    Stuck it out with the Rhino Gold until the 10th. Two missed single pins.

9 -, 9 /, S7 2, 9 -, X, X, X, 8 /, X, XX9.
    Found my line and started making decent shots; of course it was too little too late at that point.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.15 pins
    Strikes: 44%
    Spares: 56% picked up

Single Pin spares: 54% (6/11)
    Most common single-pin leave: 6-pin and 10-pin (3x each)
    Never left a single 1-pin, 3-pin, 5-pin, nor 8-pin.

Makeable spares: 64% (9/14)
    Multiple Pin spares: 100% (3/3)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 2-5 (2x)

Splits: 0% (0/2)

Average over 3 games: 190.33.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 209.00.

Positives
    - Is there a positive? I guess, gun to my head, I'd say the splits and multi-pin spares were down.
    - I suppose...2 of 3 games I made my average?

Negatives
    - Team lost all 4 points for the 2nd straight week and maybe only the 3rd time this season.
    - Sometimes...the pinpal stats tell an accurate story...I'd have averaged 209 if I could have just picked up more single-pin spares. Horrible.

To add insult to injury, I think each of their bowlers bowled above their average almost every if not every game. Ouch.

Gonna put a Step 3 finish on the Rhino Gold. On the rare times I need it...I need it not to burn up on me on the outside.

Page 223 of 226 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226 LastLast