Page 224 of 226 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226 LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2253

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Chats: 204

Sunday Night Established Mixed League

Week 26

Bowled against a below average team and we still got 130 pins! And, we're in sole possession of 2nd place!

720 Series: 237-254-229

Was kinda worried in practice when I was hitting quite a bit "light". Thought about starting with the Scorpion Sting (SS), but figured I'd give the Trident Odyssey (TO)...at least to start.
    X, 8 /, X, X, X, X, X, X, 9 -, 8 / X.

Was still 'tempted' to switch to the SS...but I was just doing so well with the TO that it didn't make sense to make a move to a different ball. I figured the wheels would fall off this turnip cart eventually. 9 /, X, X, S8 -, X, X, X, X, X, XXX.

An 800 was out of the picture, so I really just was hoping for my first 700 series. But, I'd have settled for a 269 (new high game) and 690 series (new high series). It was a good night, I just really didn't want to end with a < 199 game and fail to reach any milestone whatsoever. Once I struck with the first ball of the 10th, I knew I had done it. FINALLY!!
    X, X, X, 7 1, X, X, X, 8 1, X, XXX.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.63 pins
    Strikes: 80%
    Spares: 42% picked up

Single Pin spares: 50% (1/2)
    Most common single-pin leaves: n/a
    Left a single 2-pin and 7-pin.

Makeable spares: 50% (3/6)
    Multiple Pin spares: 50% (2/4)
    Most common multi-pin leave: n/a

Splits: 0% (0/1)

Average over 3 games: 240.00.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 243.33.

Positives
    - Where to start!?
    - When you strike 4 out of every 5 shots...I probably never experienced that strike rate in the past.
    - Despite our opponents putting up a heck of a fight, my scores crushed them. Took all 4 and are either solidly in 2nd or maybe tied for 1st...which would mean I'm on the 1st place team in BOTH leagues I'm in.
    - I outbowled nearly every other bowler in the league, if not EVERY bowler in our league...including a couple high average bowlers on the pair next to me.
    - My body was healthy. If I can trust my left knee...I can get lower...I can get more leverage on the ball...results will follow.

Negatives
    - No honor scores.
    - No clean games!
    - The strike rate definitely masked some poor spare shooting.

Wow. I know. I just had one of those nights where, after some movement left in the 1st game...I never moved again. When I can use one ball all night and move very little laterally, I usually have a good night. Never THIS good...but now I know its possible. Didn't earn a ring or get my name announced over the PA...but who cares!?
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Good bowling!👍👍👍👍👍
    It’s weird that sometimes when you’re throwing a lot of strikes your spare shooting improves. There are other times when it seems as if you, (and I really mean I), forget how to make spares after throwing five or six strikes in a row.
    John

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Dude, nice night!
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Good bowling!👍👍👍👍👍
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    Dude, nice night!
    Thanks! The hard part is showing up to the next league night knowing that you're "capable" of a 720 series....but you likely won't get one again for some time.

Wednesday Night Established Men's League

Week 27

Still in first place and dominating the league...but coming off two straight 0-4 blankings.

549 Series: 195-194-160

8 /, X, 9 /, X, 8 /, 9 /, 9 -, 9 /, X, X 9 -.
    Just struggled to make perfect shots...and it seemed like even slight misses wouldn't carry. Switched to the Scorpion Sting (SS) in the 7th, leading to my only open on a 3-pin on a bad shot that crossed over.

9 -, X, X, 9 /, 8 /, X, 7 /, X, S8 1, XXX.
    Opened on another 3-pin to lead off the second game. Kept things clean until a baby split in the 9th. Struck out to make my average.

X, S7 1, 8 /, 9 /, 9 /, X, S7 2, X, S5 4, X 9 /.
    Switched to the Force Pearl in the 5th. Kept things clean except for 3 splits that pretty much killed me.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.00 pins
    Strikes: 44%
    Spares: 63% picked up

Single Pin spares: 70% (7/10)
    Most common single-pin leave: 10-pin (4x)
    Never left a single 1-pin, 4-pin, 5-pin, 6-pin, nor 8-pin.

Makeable spares: 80% (12/15)
    Multiple Pin spares: 100% (5/5)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 3-6 (2x)

Splits: 0% (0/4)

Average over 3 games: 183.00.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 190.67.

Positives
    - Mostly good from a health standpoint. Achilles is a little sore, but otherwise good.
    - Somehow, I won all 3 card games! First time that's happened in years.

Negatives
    - Team lost 3 out of 4 to a bad team that was getting about 130+ pins.
    - 3-pins....which should be automatic...were not tonight.
    - Splits killed me in game 3. Heavy penalty as the lanes broke down.

Oh well. It was fun being a 700 series bowler while it lasted!
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Week 27

Bowled against a pretty good team. And the other team was firing on all cylinders...again.

542 Series: 188-174-180

Practice made me think the best strategy would be to use the Trident Odyssey (TO) on the right lane and the Scorpion Sting (SS) on the left. Switched to the SS on the right lane in the 9th. Switched to the Rhino Gold (RG) in the 10th.
    8 /, X, X, X, X, S7 2, 9 /, S7 -, 9 -, 9 /X.

Just terrible. Finally switched to the RG on both lanes in the 7th.
    7 2, S8 1, 9 /, 9 -, X, 7 /, X, 9 -, X, XXX.

Switched to the Force Pearl in the 3rd game...kinda hoping it'd give me a miracle.
    X, X, 9 -, 9 /, 9 -, X, X, 8 /, S8 1, 9 /X.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.12 pins
    Strikes: 47%
    Spares: 44% picked up

Single Pin spares: 50% (5/10)
    Most common single-pin leaves: 10-pin (5x)
    Also left a single 3-pin, 4-pin, 7-pin (2x), and 8-pin.

Makeable spares: 57% (8/14)
    Multiple Pin spares: 75% (3/4)

Splits: 0% (0/4)

Average over 3 games: 180.67.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 199.67.

Positives
    - Kinda hard to compare scores week-to-week when you throw a 720...cuz it's virtually impossible for me to repeat that. But, had I shot my single-pin spares better (or more of those pocket smashing hits actually struck)...I coulda averaged around 200.
    - I got a little more familiar with the Rhino Gold and what I need to do to adjust to it.

Negatives
    - Well, we lost all 4...so wave bye bye to 2nd place.
    - Only one game slightly over my average.
    - Could not carry. Smashed the pocket and left 7s and 10s.
    - Obviously, spare shooting...abysmal. Hurts more that I missed a few of them by a playing card's width.
    - "Tweeked" my back in Game 1...probably from bending over and switching balls each frame. But, it didn't help my delivery.

Hard to come down from that 720..but it did bump our team into a brief sole possession of 2nd place. Pretty good when one of your 4 bowlers is just learning to bowl and another is coming back from surgery and bowls with a 50 average with her left arm.

As for my personal accomplishments, last week I finished 1st in scratch series, and 2nd in scratch game, handicap game, and handicap series. Also 2nd in handicap series for the season (thus far). It's not a ring...but I'll take it.

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Ugh - I hear ya. Sometimes ya just gotta grind.
    Avg: 204
    High Game: 300 (1) -- High Series (785)
    Mr. Teal (Rhino Pro 15#); Zen Master (15#); Trouble Maker (15#); Nova (15#); White Dot (16#)

Kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight

Wednesday Night Established Men's League

Week 28

Still in first place and dominating the league...but coming off three weeks managing only 1 point. So, the lead is getting drastically smaller.

569 Series: 213-167-189

9 /, X, , X, X, 9 /, X, 6 2, 9 /, X, X 9 -.
    Struggled early with lanes behaving drier than usual. Switched to the Scorpion Sting in the 8th. Wasn't terribly upset with the score...mainly because I was still in the Strip-O-Mania pot by striking in the 3rd and 9th.

6 /, 8 /, X, X, 9 -, 9 -, X, 6 /, 7 -, X 9 -.
    I thought I might salvage something, but a missed 8-pin and 10-pin pretty much ruined things. And the complete whiff on a 1-2-4 washout in the 9th was just a final slap in the face.

8 /, X, 6 2, 9 /, X, X, X, S8 1, 7 1, XX9.
    After moving left got me a nice 2-8...which I fortunately picked up (I suck at that leave), switched to the Force Pearl and hoped for another strong performance by the grey beast. But, a baby split in the 8th and a chopped 6-9-10 in the 9th forced me to have an above average 10th just to make my average.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 8.91 pins
    Strikes: 47%
    Spares: 47% picked up

Single Pin spares: 50% (7/10)
    Most common single-pin leave: 2-pin and 10-pin (2x)
    Also left a single 4-pin, 6-pin, 7-pin, and 8-pin.

Makeable spares: 50% (8/16)
    Multiple Pin spares: 50% (4/8)
    Most common multi-pin leave: 3-6-9-10 (2x)

Splits: 0% (0/1)

Average over 3 games: 189.67.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 197.67.

Positives
    - Had my highest game (in this league) in about 4 weeks.
    - Despite the rather depressing PinPal stats, I actually bowled better than last week and above my average.
    - Less splits tonight.
    - Won two card games...thats 5 out of the last 6. Probably a career best.

Negatives
    - Team lost 3 out of 4...again. That's 2 of 12 over the past 3 weeks. We went from comfortably in 1st, to now being one week away from being bumped to 2nd.
    - Missed THREE single pins in Game 2. Can't do that.

Actually, the biggest NEGATIVE of the night was when I dumped my drink on the table and got the cards, money, towel, and a phone all wet. Used my towel to stop as much of it as I could...so no more pregame towel routine.

I feel a little more confident with my knees healthy and my recent success. But, I'm also experiencing a new "aggravation" in that I 'know' I can bowl better...but I'm not bowling better. I mean, I AM bowling better...but the expectations have went up as well.

Bowling Guru

My Wednesday team is going through the same thing. I joined the team halfway through the season when one of their regular bowlers went out for the rest of the season with a bad shoulder. Team was in 1st by about 12 points. We extended our lead to over 14, but the last four weeks we’ve only taken 2 points each week. Lead is down to 10
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    My Wednesday team is going through the same thing. I joined the team halfway through the season when one of their regular bowlers went out for the rest of the season with a bad shoulder. Team was in 1st by about 12 points. We extended our lead to over 14, but the last four weeks we’ve only taken 2 points each week. Lead is down to 10
    Yeah. I had it happen before, and things got really tense in those last couple weeks. That season, back in Iowa, we had to play a roll off to secure 1st place. On Wednesdays, we're still in 1st place, but our lead has went from almost 20 points...to being 2 points away from falling to 2nd.

Week 28

Bowled against a decent team. They were short-handed, but had solid bowlers.

561 Series: 161-180-220

I smashed the pocket every frame until the 9th. Just abysmal spare shooting coupled with poor carry.
    X, 9 -, 9 -, X, 9 /, 9 -, X, X, 8 /, 9 -.

Switched to the Scorpion Sting for Game 2. Made one bad shot through the first 6 frames, but a pocket 7-10 in the 4th stung me. Then, the lanes started to transition a bit.
    X, X, 8 /, S8 1, X, X, 9 -, X, S8 1, 9 /X.

Switched to the Force Pearl (FP) in the 3rd game...kinda hoping it'd have the usual magic, despite a surface change I wasn't so sure about. Took a little adjustment, but finally the FP worked it's magic for a decent finish.
    9 /, 8 /, 8 1, 9 /, S6 3, X, X, X, X, XXX.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.24 pins
    Strikes: 51%
    Spares: 43% picked up

Single Pin spares: 44% (4/9)
    Most common single-pin leaves: 10-pin (5x)
    Also left a single 2-pin, 4-pin, and 7-pin (2x).

Makeable spares: 53% (7/13)
    Multiple Pin spares: 75% (3/4)

Splits: 0% (0/3)

Average over 3 games: 187.00.
    Average had I picked up all single-pin spares: 206.33.

Positives
    - Did slightly better than last week.
    - I don't know how, but I think we took 3 out of 4 points...which means we'll at worst be tied for 3rd next week...possibly in 1st.

Negatives
    - Second week of struggling with carry.
    - Obviously, once AGAIN, poor spare shooting.

Had some serious carry issues all night. And, given my horrid spare shooting...not a good combination. Might have to play some lowball this week.

Bowling Guru

When the ball isn’t carrying it’s easy for the brain to switch from if “I stand here and hit my target I will make this spare” to “Oh no, I have to make this spare”.
    John

Page 224 of 226 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226 LastLast