Page 109 of 226 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2256

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    I'd suggest you knock this crap off, or you'll probably end up banned. Despite your obsession with maintaining this persona that you've created, you do provoke some interesting discussions. I'd hate to see them, and you, disappear.
    Ying and Yang Rob. Sometimes if you want the "good" from an energetic, edgy, entertaining, interesting person...you have to accept the "negatives" of those type of people. I can't promise I won't offend people. I know I HAVE offended people at time...almost always by accident. But thats the price.

The last website (non-bowling related), after 3 years, with me being the main source of entertainment and comedy decided to ban me. I was like Pete Rose accept with a better haircut and a much lesser sin. It happens. At first I was mad...now I'm over it. I didn't lose THEM...they lost ME. They don't deserve me.

So IF...and this is a decent-sized "IF"...the moderator(s) determine I've violated a member agreement, terms of service, or a forum rule...they can let me know and I almost always oblige them and erase something or tone it down. Or they can issue infractions, we can have another banishment poll, or they can just make me "disappear". But like I said, those decisions have consequences.

I tried to pretend to be something I'm not on Bowling Intel just because I wanted to be exposed to the content...and the person running that site made it clear that Aslan wasn't welcome. But that was exhausting. Every time I tried to participate, I had to ask myself a question like, "If I were in my 70s and fairly boring...how would I answer this question and do so in a way that doesn't reveal my true identity?" Exhausting.

But, I'll pick up the slot car off the floor, blow on it (to try to get rid of dust/dirt), and set it back on the track...by posting tonight's scores.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 176; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.7mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Wednesday League: Moderate length (40-42ft), very narrow pattern, very long in the middle and not long at all on the outside.

Warmed up a couple games before hand. Just was throwing the Maxim spare ball to get loose. Shot a 180 and 183 ...better than I thought given I was using my spare ball with very little (if any) down lane movement.

647 Series: 200-197-250

Game 1 had a chopped 1-2-4 in the 2nd frame and a 3-10 split in the 8th...but strung some strikes together to salvage 200. Enough to get me to the next level in 2 of 4 brackets, but the opponents were bowling out of their mind and getting a ton of handicap so we got smoked.

Only open was on a 6-7-10 split in the 7th frame of Game 2. But couldn't run more than 2 strikes together.

Game 3 I left a 10-pin in the 1st frame..then x, x, x, x. Totally pulled a shot big time in the 6th frame and got a 1-5-6-10 which I couldn't convert, then it was x, x, x, x, x, 8.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.17 pins
    Strikes: 57% (1 5-bagger, 1 4-bagger, 1 turkey, 3 doubles, and 2 singles)
    Spares: 69% picked up

Single Pin spares: 100% (5/5)
    Most common single-pin leave: n/a
    Left the 2-pin, 5-pin, 7-pin, 9-pin, and 10-pin (2x each)

Multiple Pin spares: 50% (4/8)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 1-2-4, 6-10, and the 3-10 split (2x each)

Splits: 33% (1/3).

Average over 3 games: 215.67.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: n/a.

And the roller coaster continues. Odd that both times I bowled a 250 game or over in this league; I ended up with exactly a 647.

The Dark Encounter looked good in practice...but the Asylum seemed to be hitting better. So I started with the Asylum until mid-Game 2. Used the Jab for the remainder of Game 2 and first frame of Game 3. Used the Loaded Revolver for most of Game 3.

Had to open up (shoulders/hips) more in Game 3 which I wasn't used to....but it was working.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 14.7mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Ying and Yang Rob. Sometimes if you want the "good" from an energetic, edgy, entertaining, interesting person...you have to accept the "negatives" of those type of people. I can't promise I won't offend people. I know I HAVE offended people at time...almost always by accident. But thats the price.

The last website (non-bowling related), after 3 years, with me being the main source of entertainment and comedy decided to ban me. I was like Pete Rose accept with a better haircut and a much lesser sin. It happens. At first I was mad...now I'm over it. I didn't lose THEM...they lost ME. They don't deserve me.

So IF...and this is a decent-sized "IF"...the moderator(s) determine I've violated a member agreement, terms of service, or a forum rule...they can let me know and I almost always oblige them and erase something or tone it down. Or they can issue infractions, we can have another banishment poll, or they can just make me "disappear". But like I said, those decisions have consequences.

I tried to pretend to be something I'm not on Bowling Intel just because I wanted to be exposed to the content...and the person running that site made it clear that Aslan wasn't welcome. But that was exhausting. Every time I tried to participate, I had to ask myself a question like, "If I were in my 70s and fairly boring...how would I answer this question and do so in a way that doesn't reveal my true identity?" Exhausting.

But, I'll pick up the slot car off the floor, blow on it (to try to get rid of dust/dirt), and set it back on the track...by posting tonight's scores.
    Look at it this way. If it keeps people coming to this forum, then it's fine by me. I came to this place a few months ago to get help because I was finally returning to the game we all love (somedays). It's one of the first forums that has had other discussion besides the main topic that I've seen, and it makes it entertaining. The posts are funny, not terribly off-color, and generally benign. I would hate for someone to get tossed because they feel like livening things up once in a while.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Wednesday League: Moderate length (40-42ft), very narrow pattern, very long in the middle and not long at all on the outside.

Warmed up a couple games before hand. Just was throwing the Maxim spare ball to get loose. Shot a 180 and 183 ...better than I thought given I was using my spare ball with very little (if any) down lane movement.

647 Series: 200-197-250

Game 1 had a chopped 1-2-4 in the 2nd frame and a 3-10 split in the 8th...but strung some strikes together to salvage 200. Enough to get me to the next level in 2 of 4 brackets, but the opponents were bowling out of their mind and getting a ton of handicap so we got smoked.

Only open was on a 6-7-10 split in the 7th frame of Game 2. But couldn't run more than 2 strikes together.

Game 3 I left a 10-pin in the 1st frame..then x, x, x, x. Totally pulled a shot big time in the 6th frame and got a 1-5-6-10 which I couldn't convert, then it was x, x, x, x, x, 8.

PinPal Stats:
    First Ball Average: 9.17 pins
    Strikes: 57% (1 5-bagger, 1 4-bagger, 1 turkey, 3 doubles, and 2 singles)
    Spares: 69% picked up

Single Pin spares: 100% (5/5)
    Most common single-pin leave: n/a
    Left the 2-pin, 5-pin, 7-pin, 9-pin, and 10-pin (2x each)

Multiple Pin spares: 50% (4/8)
    Most common multi-pin leaves: 1-2-4, 6-10, and the 3-10 split (2x each)

Splits: 33% (1/3).

Average over 3 games: 215.67.
    Average had I picked up 100% of single pin spare leaves: n/a.

And the roller coaster continues. Odd that both times I bowled a 250 game or over in this league; I ended up with exactly a 647.

The Dark Encounter looked good in practice...but the Asylum seemed to be hitting better. So I started with the Asylum until mid-Game 2. Used the Jab for the remainder of Game 2 and first frame of Game 3. Used the Loaded Revolver for most of Game 3.

Had to open up (shoulders/hips) more in Game 3 which I wasn't used to....but it was working.
    Nice series.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    Look at it this way. If it keeps people coming to this forum, then it's fine by me. I came to this place a few months ago to get help because I was finally returning to the game we all love (somedays). It's one of the first forums that has had other discussion besides the main topic that I've seen, and it makes it entertaining. The posts are funny, not terribly off-color, and generally benign. I would hate for someone to get tossed because they feel like livening things up once in a while.
    Agreed. I respect Rob's opinion and he's not alone by any means. He's just courageous enough and has an existing relationship with me so he comes out and says it rather than hiding and PMing moderators and "gasping" in secret. And while I feel I provide value to the site, there were several members that left to go to BowlingIntel who DID state that one of the reasons was folks like me and (at the time) Iceman that were a bit "too colorful". I recognize that many older members came along late to the "internet scene" so they have a different level of "delicate sensibility". I'm not criticizing nor poking fun, I'm just empathizing and seeing their point of view.

And I HAVE had members (rarely) who have came to me privately via PM to let me know they took something I said badly, etc... 100% of the time that happens I try to accommodate them. But I can't change who I am. Who I am and my energy and my humor are part of the package. So are occasionally needing "tougher skin" when I say something you think is "too colorful". That's reality. That's the internet. If your sensibility is SO delicate...that someone referencing "poo" or a "butt" or using words like "hot" or "sexy"...if that really, really offends you and ruins your week...maybe a more laid back bible study type of environment...maybe a David Thoreau/Unibomber type existence where you remove yourself from modern annoyances...maybe those are better "fits" than the internet. Because like I've said numerous times to our more "offendable" members....if you think this forum is "out of control"...I strongly discourage you from going to Yahoo chat, Xbox Live, any political or new website, etc... I've heard things out of 8-year olds while playing Call of Duty that offended ME...and that's nearly impossible to do.

I urge/strongly suggest that those who are easily offended look at the question of "Are people like Aslan a "good" part of the site or a "bad" part of the site?" like this:

I buy Cable TV. I watch probably <50 different channels. Yet I have available to me...almost 500 channels. I hate QVC. I find it annoying. I can't stand most stuff on MTV and find some of it offensive...like celebrating teen pregnancy. Or the Bravo network with the Housewives of various cities. They used to have a "Queer as Folk" program that offended a lot of non-gays and traditionalists.

But here's the thing...and this is really, really important for internet participation as well as life in general...and if nobody ever listens to me or I get banned or whatever...I hope this is the one thing that sticks with them...I don't HAVE to watch those channels. There's no rule that says I need to watch QVC. Not ONE rule. I can choose to watch what I want and not watch I don't want to watch. Same thing on the internet. I find Glenn Beck offensive...so I don't listen to his radio show. If people are offended by something I say or do or even my very existence...get over it. Because I'm too old to change...and although you may not believe it...there are MUCH WORSE options than me in society!! And what I find MOST entertaining/intriguing about Rob's more to the delicate side in terms of sensitivity....he lives in LAS VEGAS!! I went to the Vegas strip with my daughter to see a show at the Bellagio and the fountains and lights and stuff...you can't make it 40ft down the sidewalk without scantily clad showgirls and rough lookin dudes throwing strip club coupons at ya. The billboards alone practically make me drive off the road. You just can't live in "Sin City" and be easily offended. I don't know how that's possible. I'm not starting an argument....I just find that kinda interesting/funny because I go to Vegas quite a bit...and I always wonder how families with children that live near Vegas keep their kids from seeing some "rather racey" stuff on a daily basis. ???

As to those that are "worried" about my banishment...don't be.
    1) Been there, done that. The site voted already and they voted to keep me. If another vote is held today, well, I welcome it because there's virtually no chance the majority votes for banishment. I'm too entertaining and not nearly offensive enough to be voted off.
    2) With minor infractions aside, the site has been nothing but supportive of my participation. Even had I lost the vote back then, I think the site would have stepped in to overturn the results.
    3) Bowl1820 doesn't want to deal with any of that. As essentially the sole moderator, he has enough "busy work" keeping the site spam-free (which he does a remarkable job of by the way) and providing us with content...the LAST thing he wants is a battle with, arguably, the sites most popular and most present contributor...after already going through that once...it's just a huge annoyance I don't think he wants anything to do with. Not that he won't step in on occasion and lock threads and slap wrists...and I have no beef at all with that...you DO need to keep things under control or they can get out of hand quickly...and it's like being a referee...a very thankless job.

So, Mudpuppy Cliff Notes: Aslan isn't going anywhere, and if he did, the negatives would outweigh the positives. Until that math changes...I can't see a scenario where the site would support such action. Especially when it was recently tried at BowlingIntel and that site last about 18 months because while it had good bowling technical conversations...it was about as fun/interesting as a 3-hour online course on weaving wicker furniture.

Chats: 256

As to those that are "worried" about my banishment...don't be.
    1) Been there, done that. The site voted already and they voted to keep me. If another vote is held today, well, I welcome it because there's virtually no chance the majority votes for banishment. I'm too entertaining and not nearly offensive enough to be voted off.
    The "voting", if you even want to call it that, was only open for a few hours.

Given a couple days for "votes" to roll in, who knows what would have happened.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

If Aslan left this place would get pretty boring and stale

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    If Aslan left this place would get pretty boring and stale
    Don't disagree, was being facetious.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    The "voting", if you even want to call it that, was only open for a few hours.

Given a couple days for "votes" to roll in, who knows what would have happened.
    REVOTE REVOTE!!!! Just kidding. i read somewhere between 18% and 36% of any given Aslan post and it is usually somewhat entertaining.
    Last edited by fortheloveofbowling; 12-17-2015 at 04:59 PM.

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Having spent my entire adult life in machine shops like Harley-Davidson, Falk, and Bucyrus (now Raterpillar), I'm a pretty tough dude to offend. Keep it coming!
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Page 109 of 226 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast