Page 127 of 226 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2256

Thread: Aslan's Scores (of the non-lady kind)

Chats: 204

I brought the Dark Encounter to 1000 by hand before polishing it by hand.

Bringing a ball down to 500 is foolish. It may get back to the pocket better, but will have no energy left and there will be no carry....not on a THS. I'm just really disappointed in Columbia300. The Encounter was the worst ball I've ever thrown. And the Dark Encounter is almost as bad. The cover material just isn't strong...it's sad when a Brunswick solid with a 2000 surface and an RG of 2.574...hooks Brooklyn. Yet a Columbia with a surface of 1000-1500 with a 2.50 RG...can't make it back to the pocket. RG should MEAN something....2.574 is a BIG difference from 2.50.

And maybe the DE is hooking sooner....maybe that's the problem...like the Asylum...it's hooking so soon...it's just dead 3/4 of the way down the lane. But that worries me...with my speed and rev rate...that I have to use a high RG pearl....in order to have even a tiny bit of energy conservation on a THS. And it angers me...that I have to mess with the DE with sandpaper and a ball spinner....just to get it to go long and snap.

I think given my speed/style/rev rate and experience with my first two arsenals...I really need to put my next arsenal together with 3 polished pearls...2.51, 2.53, and 2.56 RGs. I don't see how I can realistically throw a 2.48-2.50 RG ball...unless I put more speed on my shot...which messes with my form. I'm tempted to just throw one ball...work on my physical game...making small physical changes rather than get in too deep with arsenals and surface changes. Having tried that in the past...I end up doing too much second guessing and it just kills my game.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 176; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.7mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I brought the Dark Encounter to 1000 by hand before polishing it by hand.

Bringing a ball down to 500 is foolish. It may get back to the pocket better, but will have no energy left and there will be no carry....not on a THS. I'm just really disappointed in Columbia300. The Encounter was the worst ball I've ever thrown. And the Dark Encounter is almost as bad. The cover material just isn't strong...it's sad when a Brunswick solid with a 2000 surface and an RG of 2.574...hooks Brooklyn. Yet a Columbia with a surface of 1000-1500 with a 2.50 RG...can't make it back to the pocket. RG should MEAN something....2.574 is a BIG difference from 2.50.

And maybe the DE is hooking sooner....maybe that's the problem...like the Asylum...it's hooking so soon...it's just dead 3/4 of the way down the lane. But that worries me...with my speed and rev rate...that I have to use a high RG pearl....in order to have even a tiny bit of energy conservation on a THS. And it angers me...that I have to mess with the DE with sandpaper and a ball spinner....just to get it to go long and snap.

I think given my speed/style/rev rate and experience with my first two arsenals...I really need to put my next arsenal together with 3 polished pearls...2.51, 2.53, and 2.56 RGs. I don't see how I can realistically throw a 2.48-2.50 RG ball...unless I put more speed on my shot...which messes with my form. I'm tempted to just throw one ball...work on my physical game...making small physical changes rather than get in too deep with arsenals and surface changes. Having tried that in the past...I end up doing too much second guessing and it just kills my game.
    Their is no way that ball is burning up even at 500 grit plus polish the overall surface of the ball is going to be 4500 to 5500 I can't burn that up at my speed unless I throw the ball in the dry then anything will burn up including plastic. As to the Colombia cover stock strength I really have no idea but I can't figure out why Hammer can have fine aggressive covers and Colombia can't since both are EBI companies but I've never owned one and really the only higher end Colombia ball's I've seen anyone throw is the Mad Antics and the Meltdown both of which looked ok but nothing special to me.

Hitting the ball by hand is not the same thing as putting it on a spinner

RG has nothing to do with the amount a ball hook only somewhat to where it will hook on the lane.

Having three polished pearls with Rg's of 2.51, 2.53, and 2.56 sounds like a way to build an arsenal of the three balls that do the same thing and have no ability to handle any oil. you can do it on a THS maybe unless you run into the THS's I've been seeing here lately that have oil outside of 8 then your dead meat.
    Last edited by Amyers; 03-21-2016 at 08:44 PM.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Their is no way that ball is burning up even at 500 grit plus polish the overall surface of the ball is going to be 4500 to 5500 I can't burn that up at my speed unless I throw the ball in the dry then anything will burn up including plastic. As to the Colombia cover stock strength I really have no idea but I can't figure out why Hammer can have fine aggressive covers and Colombia can't since both are EBI companies but I've never owned one and really the only higher end Colombia ball's I've seen anyone throw is the Mad Antics and the Meltdown both of which looked ok but nothing special to me.

Hitting the ball by hand is not the same thing as putting it on a spinner

RG has nothing to do with the amount a ball hook only somewhat to where it will hook on the lane.

Having three polished pearls with Rg's of 2.51, 5.53, and 2.56 sounds like a way to build an arsenal of the three balls that do the same thing and have no ability to handle any oil. you can do it on a THS maybe unless you run into the THS's I've been seeing here lately that have oil outside of 8 then your dead meat.
    RG effects when the ball stops hooking, not when it starts.

I prefer hooking never stops **zing**

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    I prefer hooking never stops **zing**
    There comes a time where she either has to retire, or develop clientele from the blind community.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Having three polished pearls with Rg's of 2.51, 5.53, and 2.56

You have a ball with a 5.53 RG?

Oh no, time for another recall.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post

So what. So he has a ball with over the double the standard RG and Amyers just won his first PBA major title....it's not like he wasn't going to do that anyway. Rg is just something RotoGrip made up to sublimily try to sell their products.

Chats: 0

I'm tempted to just throw one ball...work on my physical game...making small physical changes rather than get in too deep with arsenals and surface changes. Having tried that in the past...I end up doing too much second guessing and it just kills my game. Aslan quote, that I thought, I would never read ! I agree with this message, and approve of its use.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post

Thank you for being kind enough to serve as the spelling and grammar police for this site so we can ignore bowlers problems and not actually consider relevant advice on this forum.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksox1 View Post
    I'm tempted to just throw one ball...work on my physical game...making small physical changes rather than get in too deep with arsenals and surface changes. Having tried that in the past...I end up doing too much second guessing and it just kills my game. Aslan quote, that I thought, I would never read ! I agree with this message, and approve of its use.
    He can say it, but I doubt he can actually do it.

Page 127 of 226 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177 ... LastLast