Thread: Another diy dehydrator ball oven

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default Another diy dehydrator ball oven

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 204

Why is it that they tell you not to leave the bowling ball in your car in the summer...yet you can dehydrate them up to 145 degrees???

And why does this guy have about 50 bowling balls in his garage?

The only thing missing from these inventive DIY deoiling projects is:
    1) They don't spin the ball...which I'm not sure matters...but the actual professional units spin the ball while de-oiling.
    2) It would be nice to see some kind of residue or something afterwards...just out of curiosity to see what actually came off the ball.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 176; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.7mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 4

Leaving the ball in the car gives no control over the heat applied to the ball or to the rate of temperature change. I've read that above 140 degrees is when you start to get plasticizer out of the ball instead of oil. Not much preventing the ball from going over that temp or from large, rapid temp swings. The latter can separate the core and coverstock.

The revivor oven spins the ball and has a pad on the bottom to wipe off the oil as it rotates. It's a nice feature, but wiping off the oil by hand is no big deal.

Cranker
    Chats: 0

His video is the result of me and a guy over on BBE experimenting within food dehydrator. It works great, and I have a team mates ball in mine right now. There's actually a much easier way to do it just buy buying 2 sets of extra trays (4 trays total) and cutting out the middle if all of them. Just use a few thermometers to check and make adjustments to the temp gauge and you're good.

Chats: 0

Love the DIY aspect. Complete control