Right Handed
Ball weight: 14
Rev Rate: 378
Ball Speed: 18.2
Axis Tilt: 6.67
Axis Rotation: 45*
PAP: 3 7/8 horizontal, 1 ¼ up
Layout: 2 x 5 pin to pap

After reading up on this one, I decided it would be my new control ball for short patterns and really beaten up shots.

Out of the box, I took it to 4000 Abralon and polished with Storm Xtra Shine. I really want it to get through the heads…

I took this to a tournament where they were putting out Cheetah and assumed this ball could be an early option. With the volume they put out, it was not a first-out-of-the-bag option.

During the practice session, using multiple balls, I found that after the shot was getting worn down, the Rumble rolled quite well out where the pattern is supposed to be played. I was able to set the ball around 6-7 and send it out to anywhere from 1-3 and it was quite controllable and made a nice recovery. With the polish it made it through the heads and was not too sharp at the end of the pattern. After the practice session, I assumed that by game 4 or 5, I would be using this ball.

When the actual tournament started the next day, the pattern started off a bit tighter than the day before. Cycling through my equipment as necessary, I didn’t use the Rumble until game 6 and was only able to use it for about one game. When I was able to use it, I was quite impressed how well it handled the beat up outsides and carry down from the urethanes we had been following. The Rumble actually allowed me to open up the lane a bit more that I would have expected. I really didn’t want to put it down for game 7, but it was covering too many boards and moving left on a beat up Cheetah wasn’t going to help my game.

All in all, with my layout, the ball was quite clean and very smooth. The Rumble carried very well and I am looking forward to using it on a variety of patterns.

A very nice addition to my tournament arsenal.

Mark Tarkington
Storm Amateur Pro Shop Staff Member
Roto Grip Amateur Pro Shop Staff Member
Turbo Grips Regional Staff Member
Manager, GutterLine Pro Shop
gutterline@gmail.com