Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody throw these?

Chats: 243

Default Anybody throw these?

Looking to pick up either a Hammer First Blood, Seismic Venator or possibly a Motiv Primal rage

Anybody have any experience with any of these balls? Ive watched as many vids as i can but id like to get a review as well
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Chats: 221

I have not thrown the Primal Rage yet as I'm not back bowling yet. A couple guys I drill for threw it at a traade show and told me it's a flat out beast!!

i was looking at the BTM ball chart and according to that it has the most backend of any ball to date! It does indeed look like a beast of a ball but my only hang up with it is that its a pearl and i seemed to fair better with solids

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Chats: 256

I have a First Blood. Real nice ball that can be used on house conditions in addition to sport conditions as well. I bought mine back in February and used it at Nationals, was the only ball I had that would actually get to the pocket on the challenging oil patterns.

It is an aggressive ball, but is controllable. The way I have it drilled is pin up above ring finger and it goes long and snaps at the end. Can change wrist and release to have a bit more control of it. With this ball, I target 15 at the arrows and about 8-9 at breakpoint to start the night and make moves in as the night transitions. This past Thursday night I moved 3 boards with my feet and used the First Blood all night using same target.
    Last edited by vdubtx; 09-29-2013 at 07:55 AM.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 506

ive seen a lot people throw a first blood one is a good bowler even did the pba for a few years but he said its to strong for a house shot (understand his rev rate is 400+ bal speed around 21) and he was hooking it the whole lane the other is a so so bowler and he loves it he goes down 10 out to about 6 or 7 and ball breaks at i wanna say 5 or 4 and he does ok with it idk if this helps u
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

I want a Cold Blood,,,, any info on it would be appreciated! ICEMAN!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    Sounds like your ball ICEMAN....but you have to wait until 10/08

Hammer Cold Blood

•Color: Black/Blue
    •Coverstock: NBT Pearl
    •Weight Block: First Blood Core
    •Factory Finish: 500 / 500 / 1000 Abralon®/ Clean N’ Sheen
    •Flare Potential: High
    •Radius of Gyration (RG): 2.48
    •Differential (Diff): .056
    •Intermediate Differential (Mass Bias): .009
    •Fragrance: n/a
    •Description:

Do you have ICE in your veins?

When you’re down to the wire in a tough match, do you have what it takes to win?

The desire to not only win, but to make that cocky guy on the lane next to you shut his mouth? Check.

Need to see the pins scatter like scared little kids? Check.

Get noticed while doing it with a downright wicked looking bowling ball? Check.

The new Hammer Cold Blood. Do you have ice in your veins?
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Christmas not far off !!! LOL

Now i know i want one,,,, ice!!

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    sounds like your ball iceman....but you have to wait until 10/08

hammer cold blood

•color: Black/blue
    •coverstock: Nbt pearl
    •weight block: First blood core
    •factory finish: 500 / 500 / 1000 abralon®/ clean n’ sheen
    •flare potential: High
    •radius of gyration (rg): 2.48
    •differential (diff): .056
    •intermediate differential (mass bias): .009
    •fragrance: N/a
    •description:

Do you have ice in your veins?

When you’re down to the wire in a tough match, do you have what it takes to win?

The desire to not only win, but to make that cocky guy on the lane next to you shut his mouth? Check.

Need to see the pins scatter like scared little kids? Check.

Get noticed while doing it with a downright wicked looking bowling ball? Check.

The new hammer cold blood. Do you have ice in your veins?
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    I have a First Blood. Real nice ball that can be used on house conditions in addition to sport conditions as well. I bought mine back in February and used it at Nationals, was the only ball I had that would actually get to the pocket on the challenging oil patterns.

It is an aggressive ball, but is controllable. The way I have it drilled is pin up above ring finger and it goes long and snaps at the end. Can change wrist and release to have a bit more control of it. With this ball, I target 15 at the arrows and about 8-9 at breakpoint to start the night and make moves in as the night transitions. This past Thursday night I moved 3 boards with my feet and used the First Blood all night using same target.
    This is the reason why im leaning towards it, because its a hybrid so itd be very vesitile and controllable. If i ever wanted to bowl on a sport i could just knock the polish off and itd prob be awesome.Thanks for your review vdub

Quote Originally Posted by noeymc View Post
    ive seen a lot people throw a first blood one is a good bowler even did the pba for a few years but he said its to strong for a house shot (understand his rev rate is 400+ bal speed around 21) and he was hooking it the whole lane the other is a so so bowler and he loves it he goes down 10 out to about 6 or 7 and ball breaks at i wanna say 5 or 4 and he does ok with it idk if this helps u
    It definitely helps. My rev rate is around 450 and ball speed about 20 and the only time i have prob with keeping balls on the lane is during cosmic bowling. I would assume that either your house puts a lighter amount of oil or mine puts a heavier amount.

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    That ball was made for you iceman. You must get it because its your destiny lol

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Guys in one of my league are big into Motiv and LOVE that primal rage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast