Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual Billy Hardwick Memorial ZDawg vs. Aslan Southern California Championship

Chats: 0

This back and forth between Aslan and Mike reminds me of the happy face and the sad face.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksox1 View Post
    This back and forth between Aslan and Mike reminds me of the happy face and the sad face.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by tr33frog View Post
    Why not stick with highest league currnet league average and base handicap off of that. Everyone shows up with league sheets of all their leagues showing averages. Everyone gets 1 game practice, then 3 games that count.
    ANother possibility is to have such an event occur across multiple weekends, at multiple locations, and total pins (plus hdcp) for all locations decides the winner.

That way when you hit the outlier lane conditions like we had at Temecula the results aren't so skewed.

Aslan can't seem to recognize that what were are on is probably the worst possible case for scoring. Worse than totally fried lanes, worse than totally flooded lanes.

But then again, the worse possible case for 99% of people, was the best possible case for him.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by noeymc View Post
    so ur saying ur timing was perfect every shot your release was perfect every time an hit ur mark every time back swing was same ht. every time... it was prob somthing in ur game oil is oil once u figure you the pattern and lined up if u did everything 100% right like a robot then we can talk maybe the house just had a hard shot out
    Ask your local house to set up a reversed block for you. 3 units 15 to 15, and 30 units 15 to 2.
    They probably won't do it, but if they do, you'll see it wasn't just a "hard shot".

It's hard to judge the length of the oil because once you were in it, there was no back end reaction.
    But if you stayed out of the oil, there was very early reaction.
    Last edited by Mike White; 03-11-2014 at 06:33 AM.

Chats: 506

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Ask your local house to set up a reversed block for you. 3 units 15 to 15, and 30 units 15 to 2.
    They probably won't do it, but if they do, you'll see it wasn't just a "hard shot".

It's hard to judge the length of the oil because once you were in it, there was no back end reaction.
    But if you stayed out of the oil, there was very early reaction.
    all i would do is ball up or down remember i can adjust revs and axis i normally start with a light oil ball and i can hook the whole lane now think if i went up to my hammer absolute hook ( i had the guy drill that ball way to strong for any house shot ) ill have to see if they can set that up
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

ANother possibility is to have such an event occur across multiple weekends, at multiple locations, and total pins (plus hdcp) for all locations decides the winner.

But then again, the worse possible case for 99% of people, was the best possible case for him.
    Wasn't it hard enough get you all together in one place on one day?

He is going to be near his average no matter where he bowls, and no matter the condition. His ball isn't doing much work out there. You lost this year because you bowled in a crappy house with crappy oil conditions, which he is more immune to, especially with the lower average. I have had people with 160 averages beat me scratch with my 200+ average some times, it just happens. Next year, just make sure to call a place and make sure they oil that morning, and has more than 3 leagues.

Ringer

You know that sounds like a good idea to me and would make the next event that much more fun IMO.

Ringer

Wasn't it hard enough get you all together in one place on one day?
    Nah, that was the easy part, we planned it out a few months in advance though so that's why it took so long. But the date/location was agreed upon early on.

Chats: 204

Why not stick with highest league currnet league average and base handicap off of that. Everyone shows up with league sheets of all their leagues showing averages. Everyone gets 1 game practice, then 3 games that count.
    Thats what we did. But Mike finished 3rd so he now wants the rematch to be either scratch or some "Bowl1820 Remdial Mathematics based average" where handicap is either reduced to near zero or is based on oil conditions. I think it's just sour milk...but it "may" just be a quantum mathematics that is way over my head. 99% sure it's sour milk...but leaving the option open that Mike is a genius and his ideas just too far above my intelect for me to comprehend.

That's fine, but then you have to take the pins you knock down, don't ask for handicap also
    No, then we'd have "divisions" based on handicap. So all three of us would bowl, in different divisions, and we'd all get 1st place.

I'm open to that, it would be like "The League" except not nearly as lame and far more entertaining. Granted, it took 3 months and 7 pages of haggling to get the first game completed...we'll be dead before the thing ever ends. ANd when WILL it end? When your pincount (pls handicap) exceeds mine and zdawgs? We'd have to have a definitive number of locations and number of weeks and a definitive end.

Because I'm awesome.

You lost this year because you bowled in a crappy house with crappy oil conditions, which he is more immune to, especially with the lower average.
    So, in summary, if Mike or tr33frog lose...it's the house and oil conditions. But if Aslan or zdawg lose, it's because they were outbowled?? WTFruit!?

Next year, just make sure to call a place and make sure they oil that morning, and has more than 3 leagues.
    They DID oil that morning...and we DID call ahead. Granted, I didn't ask about oil patterns because the person answering the phone didn't know what "handicap" was so I figured asking about oil patterns would be like asking Iceman about haircuts.

Quote Originally Posted by zdawg View Post
    You know that sounds like a good idea to me and would make the next event that much more fun IMO.
    Lets do it. I'm open to it...granted I want it to be separate from the 1st Annual Bill.....etc... tournament victory. I'm not giving up my crown. If you 2 want to start a travel league where we go to different places and keep track of averages plus handicap, etc....I'm DEFINITELY IN....but at the end of the day, I still won the invitational.

At the end of the day, I'm GOING to win the "MWhiteZDawgAslan Bowling Boards Internet Celebrity Travel League" for the same reason I won the Invitational; my style is less dependent on lane conditions and less affected by said conditions. I'm not saying I don't bowl better in one place versus another, but I can adjust. Here are my averages at different centers (thanks to PinPal). I've actually bowled at 10+ different centers in LA. Orange, and Riverside counties...but this is only where i've bowled since having the PinPal App:

Concourse Bowling Center (Anaheim): 76 games + 24 week league, 167.59 average (165 league/USBC average).
    Titan Bowl (Fullerton): 9 games, 141.78 average.
    AMF Friendly Hills (Whittier): 6 games, 159.00 average.
    Forest Lanes (Forest Hills): 3 games, 187.67 average.
    Oak Tree Lanes (Diamond Bar): 6 games, 164.67 average.
    Temecula Lanes (Temecula): 3 games, 151.33 average.
    AMF Riverside Lanes (Riverside): 4 games, 156.25 average.
    AMF Carter Lanes (Fullerton): 11-week league, 138 average.

So the lane conditions aren't gonna matter...I'll roll 140-190 (173-223 handicap). Your only "hope" is that on a given day in a given house, your equipment and style matches up well.

And of that list...and I don't know if this is coincidental or not, the 3 AMF houses...WAY more oil than the rest of the list. WAY more! And if you want random/messed up lane conditions...Titan Bowl is a 6-8 lane alley on a college campus...it's debateable whether they have an established oil pattern or if they just use a mop and squirt bottle...very "eratic" conditions.

MUDPUPPY CLIFF NOTES: Energy bars taste bad. Aslan is NOT a good bowler. Numbers give me a headache.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 506

can i get in on this you can pick my houses but i refuse to bowl at bz cuz to easy of a house shot you can google and pick the houses i will bowl at elyria ohio 44035 i bowl at rebmans as of now so wouldnt be fair for me to bowl there but its up to you ill get print outs of my score i can get a list of house's near by i wouldnt do oberlin lanes cuz its hand written scores let me know if i can get in on it =D cali is to far for me lol
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast