Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual Billy Hardwick Memorial ZDawg vs. Aslan Southern California Championship

Quote Originally Posted by noeymc View Post
    can i get in on this you can pick my houses but i refuse to bowl at bz cuz to easy of a house shot you can google and pick the houses i will bowl at elyria ohio 44035 i bowl at rebmans as of now so wouldnt be fair for me to bowl there but its up to you ill get print outs of my score i can get a list of house's near by i wouldnt do oberlin lanes cuz its hand written scores let me know if i can get in on it =D cali is to far for me lol
    I want in too since I do bowl in every house in town I do have a few tournaments coming up one in Oklahoma City (April 13) and one in Springfield Mo(sometime in May), and might be going to Wichita Ks(early April if we go) also I have never bowled in any of those house and would gladly let those tournament results stand.
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

Aslan - If I heard that the house only has 3 leagues, that would probably mean that there is not much effort put into maintaining the oiling equipment, just because they oiled it doesn't mean it was working right. I've heard about that in other houses, so this wouldn't shock me in this case. A more traditional Brunswick/AMF/etc with lots of leagues might make the best option.

Are you arguing with me that some styles of bowling are not less susceptible to certain oil conditions? I also said that I get beat by people with a 160 average, it just happens sometimes. Both other bowlers had to fight the lane condition, you didn't. That isn't bitching, that isn't an excuse, it just a simple fact. So I don't get what point you are trying to make about me, other than you picking out one line to get your panties in a bunch about.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by tr33frog View Post
    That isn't SMILing, that isn't an excuse, it just a simple fact. So I don't get what point you are trying to make about me, other than you picking out one line to get your panties in a bunch about.
    1) I edited that word because if I even include a quote of a questionable word...Bowl1820 will infaction the "poo" out of me.

2) My point was clear. For Mike (and you to back him up) to make THIS big of a deal out of lane conditions...TOTALLY discredits his opponents (in this case zdawg and I). And it TOTALLY implies that Mike bowled PERFECTLY....and it was only "The Gods" willing the oil pattern to be non-ideal...or even intentionally to thwart him.

"Could" it be that be bowled "sub-par"??? I mean, is that even on the table?? "Could" it be that zdawg and/or myself stepped it up and answered the call??

Put yourself in my shoes tr33...if you bowled in a competition against Iceman and JaeMau...and Iceman finished third...then went on a rampage/terror about how the ONLY reason he didn't completely destroy you and JaeMau was because the lane conditions were weird...and he had a theory that the lanes were oiled wrong...wouldn't that at least "feel" like he was trying to discredit your victory?? Isn't part of bowling the ability to "outbowl the conditions"? Rob Mautner might say "no...you CANT OUTBOWL A BAD BALL REACTION".

Or....would Rob say that you COULD outbowl a bad ball reaction...by switching balls?? Wouldn't Rob M. give his professional coaching advice (to Mike W.) that perhaps, just perhaps, he should have found something in his arsenal with a higher RG or more polished surface?? Maybe a lower differential because it's grabbing and reacting too abruptly??

Now, Rob would never coach Mike...because:
    A) They are arch enemies.
    B) Mike is uncoachable.

BUT IF HE DID...it would be interesting to see what advice Rob would give to Mike...or zdawg...or even myself. Would Rob agree with Mike's strategy of left movement? Or would he recommend a ball change? Would Rob recommend a speed change to ZDawg? Or a ball change (assuming zdawg had more than one ball)? What about Aslan? Was his ball a good fit for the condition??

See, as much as I disagree with Rob M. that you "can't outbowl a bad ball reaction"...I think you "can". I had a ball that with my style worked fine on those lanes. Mike and zdawg seemed to struggle mroe with their ball reactions. They seemed to be trying to "outbowl a bad ball reaction"....but are making it seem like it's not their fault or their ball's fault...it's the LANE. So...how does that fit into Rob's article? Does Rob need a follow-up article: "You can't outbowl a bad lane condition"?

I'd hope that Rob would come in here and respond...but given this topic involves Mike W....I'm sure Rob isn't gonna get within 10ft. I'll try to remember to ask him during my "lesson" in 2 weeks!!!
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default One thing that is a FACT Aslan

YOU ARE THE WINNER!!

who knows next time, but its not next time at this glorious moment, and you are the champ! Live in the moment and enjoy!!

I get this feeling even though we are 1800 miles apart,,, that your win has been diminished by a bunch of excuses made by many on this site. Raise you chin up HIGH!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 03-11-2014 at 05:29 PM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    Raise you chin up HIGH!
    I've always lived by the motto that, "if you hold your chin too high; you're liable to get punched in it." I'm modest. I'm not one to brag. Sure, I won the tournament. And yes, I'm incredibly good looking and intelligent and have a rapist's wit. And yes, I look good in almost any color or fabric...could probably cure cancer if I didn't hate being around sick people. Sure, all these things are true. But I don't "brag" about it. I'm modest...as modest as one like me can be.

But thank you Iceman....see THAT is a guy that knows a true champion when he sees one!! Soon, in addition to praising the glory that is his friend Jason/The Dude....he will equally praise the glory that IS Aslan...not asian...Aslan.

Aslan - It seems that you took a post where I was telling Mike that sometimes you lose into some completely different direction. My point was, suck it up, it happens, only trying to put it in a nice way.

You did win the tournament, but I will add that IMO the better bowler is always the one with the higher scratch series. That is something that holds true for me when someone beats me scratch, they were the better bowler that night/game/year/etc. If he beats me with handicap he still the winner, and I wouldn't argue that he wasn't, but I wouldn't call him the better bowler. That would hold true to me if I beat Jaemau by losing scratch by 5 pins, but because of handicap I beat him by 2 (can't remember his average, but I know it is 220+, and I'm at 213 so I could get a few pins). I would get the trophey, but I'd still feel like he beat me, because my score was lower. But that is the way I roll, lol.

Chats: 506

he won anyone complaining about losing needs to just bowl better
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Quote Originally Posted by tr33frog View Post
    You did win the tournament, but I will add that IMO the better bowler is always the one with the higher scratch series.
    I see that. During leagues I always want to win scratch so they don't have the "excuse" that they only lost because of the handicap. And due to outscoring me by 20 pins in games 2 and 3; MWhite beat me scratch by about 40 pins.

As I've said, I respect Mike's game...even if he doesnt respect mine. He showed his superior talent when he rebounded in Game 2 and made a match of it. But as Bowl1820 eluded to, Mike lost because he "should" be able to beat a new bowler like me by more than 39 pins. Thats the great thing about handicap...whether golf or bowling...it's about how well you bowl relative to how well you CAN bowl. If zdawg and I, both beginners, bowl against MWhite scratch....he could bowl the worst series of his life and still sqweak out a victory...and thats silly. It's like a YMCA youth basketball team playing against UNLV. Sure UNLV players are better than the youth YMCA team...and if they only win by 30 points, it would be considered a HUGE embarassment!!

I'm like Rocky Balboa and Mike is Apollo Creed. It doesn't matter that the fight (first one) was a "draw". I went the distance against a superior bowler which in and of itself is the victory.

Chats: 506

no such thing as like winning either you win or you lose thats it 2nd is the 1st loser be the best or go home i dont like ties i dont like people when they said i tryd my best losers say that stuff
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I see that. During leagues I always want to win scratch so they don't have the "excuse" that they only lost because of the handicap. And due to outscoring me by 20 pins in games 2 and 3; MWhite beat me scratch by about 40 pins.

As I've said, I respect Mike's game...even if he doesnt respect mine.
    It's not about respect, it's where you are in your development, and what kind of things you are trying too work on.

Put the DYDS thing on the far back burner, it's doing you more damage than good at this point.

#1 get the ball to roll. You currently skid the ball down the lane, which is the cause of so many 5 pins.

Notice on wood lanes, there is more friction between the lane and the ball, which makes it more likely to roll.

Synthetic lanes aren't necessarily more oily, it's just a harder, less friction surface.

Try sanding the surface of one of your balls, and use that on synthetic lanes.

He showed his superior talent when he rebounded in Game 2 and made a match of it. But as Bowl1820 eluded to, Mike lost because he "should" be able to beat a new bowler like me by more than 39 pins. Thats the great thing about handicap...whether golf or bowling...it's about how well you bowl relative to how well you CAN bowl. If zdawg and I, both beginners, bowl against MWhite scratch....he could bowl the worst series of his life and still sqweak out a victory...and thats silly. It's like a YMCA youth basketball team playing against UNLV. Sure UNLV players are better than the youth YMCA team...and if they only win by 30 points, it would be considered a HUGE embarrassment!!
    Your analogies show you don't understand what we faced at Temecula. You are assuming the basketball court would remain the same dimensions. Ok lets have UNLV spot the YMCA kids 100 points. Seems fair.

Now change the rim so the ball barely fits through, UNLV might still win, but I doubt they would score 100 points to beat the handicap.

I'm like Rocky Balboa and Mike is Apollo Creed. It doesn't matter that the fight (first one) was a "draw". I went the distance against a superior bowler which in and of itself is the victory.

Oh wait, punching you in the face was an option?

Rematch!!!!
    Last edited by Mike White; 03-13-2014 at 02:04 PM.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast