Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual Billy Hardwick Memorial ZDawg vs. Aslan Southern California Championship

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default What???

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    You liked that wager because it was a sucker's bet. He travels 5000 miles and gives me no handicap and if he wins he gets $1000-$2000 but if I win I get nothing. Thats not even a bet...it's just wishful thinking.

I am just saying,,,, THINK ABOUT IT!!! I thought it was a very FAIR bet!! Remember you are THE LION!!!
    The money issue.... WHO CARES,,, its the GLORY OF VICTORY that gives reason for living!

THINK ABOUT IT, after you defeat MIKE!! LOL
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    I am just saying,,,, THINK ABOUT IT!!! I thought it was a very FAIR bet!! Remember you are THE LION!!!
    The money issue.... WHO CARES,,, its the GLORY OF VICTORY that gives reason for living!

THINK ABOUT IT, after you defeat MIKE!! LOL
    After the whoopin I'm gonna apply on him, he won't be able to think for a long time.

How was that? Did it sound scary?

Banned

You liked that wager because it was a sucker's bet. He travels 5000 miles and gives me no handicap and if he wins he gets $1000-$2000 but if I win I get nothing. Thats not even a bet...it's just wishful thinking.
    You get to watch him buy his own ticket home, and leave with his tail between his legs.

Come on Aslan, where is your West Coast Pride..

He's a freakin flatlander.

Nothing but a prairie dog..

Go all Whack-A-Mole on his ***.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    After the whoopin I'm gonna apply on him, he won't be able to think for a long time.

How was that? Did it sound scary?
    I think the best way to throw you off your game is every time you're between frames or shots to just say, "Rob Mautner would give this advice...INSERT RANDOM ADVICE".

You get to watch him buy his own ticket home, and leave with his tail between his legs.

Come on Aslan, where is your West Coast Pride..

He's a freakin flatlander.

Nothing but a prairie dog..

Go all Whack-A-Mole on his ***.
    Technically, he lives in the same State I was born in, grew up in, went to college in, and spent nearly 90% of my life...so I can't get after him too much about that.

What it comes down to is...I only bet with money I can afford to lose. And due to the cost of living in this here greatest state on God's green Earth...I barely was able to get my "low gas" light to go out yesterday...so no money bets with Mudpup till I'm a bit more "flush".

Banned

I accept Mike's challenge.

Mike will give me 42 pins of average based on my 148 average (even though it's closer to 138-144 on synthetics). He will give zDawg 52 pins of handicap. And, most importantly, he will record the entire tournament/challenge on video.

I will make a call to the alley (Temecula) this week to try and make sure we have a good shot of getting a couple lanes and giving them a heads up that it's a super impressive awesome things and they should feel totally thrilled we chose their establishment.

Looking forward to it kids!!
    In Bag: (: .) Hammer Rhythm; (: .) Storm Frantic; (: .) Brunswick Slingshot || Retired: (: .) Columbia300 Blue Knight;
    Lifetime Average = 145; || USBC Sanctioned Average = 166
    Ball Speed: 14.7mph; Rev. Rate: 225rpm || High Game = 237; High Series = 650; Clean Games: 13
    Smokey this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are Rules.
    How do you figure you're a 148 average, while claiming your sanctioned average is 166?
    You don't get to pick and choose what lane conditions you use to calculate your average, you use your highest.

Otherwise I want to use my last Saturday morning league average, since we will be bowling on a Saturday morning.
    That was, um, a long time ago when I was still a junior bowler.

So I'll use 160.
    Last edited by Mike White; 02-24-2014 at 04:25 PM.

And due to the cost of living in this here greatest state on God's green Earth...I barely was able to get my "low gas" light to go out yesterday..
    When did you move to Oklahoma I thought you lived to California.
    USBC #9327-540
    In the Bag:
    Storm IQ Tour Fusion, Brunswick Mastermind Genisu, Roto Grip Asylum and Ebonite Maxim
    Final Book Averages for Fall:192 Current averages in Summer: PBA 182, Tuesday 202, Thursday 205

How do you figure you're a 148 average, while claiming your sanctioned average is 166?
    You don't get to pick and choose what lane conditions you use to calculate your average, you use your highest.

Otherwise I want to use my last Saturday morning league average, since we will be bowling on a Saturday morning.
    That was, um, a long time ago when I was still a junior bowler.

So I'll use 160.
    Whoa whoa whoa....your sanctioned average is 201....and you're wanting to use 190. How is that any different than my sanctioned average being 166 and me wanting to use 148??

I CAN'T in good conscience use 166 on synthetic lanes. My average in the league when I bowled synthetics was 138 at the end of the season. I'm adding 10 pins to that because I think I've gotten better. But I'll tell ya what....you're dropping your's 11 (201-190) and I'm dropping mine 18 (166-148). zdawg is totally sandbagging like mad....so we'll leave him out of the equation. What if I meet you in the middle and I'll use 149 and you can use 182? And zdawg can use 139. Now I'm STILL giving zdawg 10 pins...and you're only giving me 33 pins and zdawg 43.

See, if you're allowed to use 190, and I have to use 166...I get only 24 pins from you AND I have to GIVE zdawg 28! There's no way you nor I can beat zdawg if we spot him 52 and 28 pins respectively. Allowing zdawg to use 138 and you to use 190...but making me use 166 really only penalizes me. I'd have NO PROBLEM using 166 on wood lanes. And I'd SMOKE you AND zdawg even at 166!! But on synthetics where I had a 138 average?? It's insanity! Now, yes, in the recent tournament (on synthetics) I averaged 188. But that was TOURNAMENT atmosphere...me bringing my A+++ game!! AND...they didn't re-oil after round 1 so I was kinda "at home" on those lanes.

So, CURRENT proposal to set handicap (option 1) is:

zDawg: 139
    Aslan: 149
    MWhite: 182

Is that agreeable or do we need to negotiate further?? Using my Pinpal app....my average on ALL synthetic lanes (since I started using the APP) is 153. I'd be willing to go up to AS MUCH AS 153 with zdawg NO LOWER than 138 and MWhite giving (me) at LEAST 37 pins (190).

That makes it (option 2):
    zdawg: 138
    Aslan: 153
    MWhite: 190

But 24 pins?? Come on!! A bowler of 37 years giving new bowlers of 6-9 months 24 pins?? And remember, if you choose option 2....you're closing the gap between you and I...but the downside is you're giving zdawg MUCH more and so am I. I think under option 2; zdawg is the clear favorite while under option 1...it's a toss-up.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Ringer
    Chats: 35

My league info just got updated from Friday night, so my officially sanctioned USBC average is currently 141.

Banned

Whoa whoa whoa....your sanctioned average is 201....and you're wanting to use 190. How is that any different than my sanctioned average being 166 and me wanting to use 148??
    What is your source for my sanctioned average being 201?

I was unaware that any league I bowled in uploaded any scores to any site.

Where did you find something?

By my calculations, if you take every game I've shot this season in sanctioned leagues, I'd average at best 192.

If Temecula is anything like where I'm at (same owner) open play doesn't get oiled so the lanes are probably from Friday night league, followed by Rock and Bowl friday night late.

Fine…lets just do it that way. I'll have to work a little harder, but thats okay.

We'll use the averages submitted;
    zDawg: 141
    Aslan: 166
    MWhite: 192

I'll make another update before the end of the week after I call the alley to make sure there's no problem with getting a couple lanes next to each other at 11AM. Don't forget the camera Mr. White!! Our internet fans want to watch us.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast