Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual Billy Hardwick Memorial ZDawg vs. Aslan Southern California Championship

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    PRAISE ME people!! A winner has emerged!! Now all hail me!.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    ]Does it matter? Would you like me to deduct 8 pins from my score so that I only won by 2 points instead of 10? Okay...I deduct 8 pins...and am now officially the champion that I was before deducting the 8 pins. Problem solved. I am champ...Mike still finished 3rd...BUT....by deducting those 8 pins...I never beat him in any game scratch. Win win.
    You're still focusing on the scoring aspect. My comments were related to the character aspect.

Why does everyone that loses at bowling blame the oil pattern/lanes?? I swear...it's not just Mikey here...on league night....as soon as a guy shanks a shot..."Man, these lanes are messed up." No they're not....as evident by the fact that other people bowling on them are doing just fine. People act like bowling lanes = carnival funhouse and you throw the ball and all kinds of crazy stuff happens...then a windmill blade comes down and stops it from hitting the headpin (a la miniature golf). It's a 60ft lane....it's slippery...the ball rolls down and if you hit just right (or sometimes just left) of the headpin and most or all of them fall down. It's THAT simple. It's literally one of the simplest sports ever invented.
    I understand while you're in the infant stage of your bowling development, you can't recognize the effect different oil patterns have on a properly thrown ball.
    Just remember, you didn't bowl better, you won simply because you received enough handicap.

If you really think the game is "that simple" you're destined to be a below average bowler for life.

You LOST! I give you credit for accepting the challenge...e-tank and others shyed away from it...so credit where credit is due...but it's in the books. It's done. It's a piece of PBA history. In the past...bye bye...not comin back....until rematch time.
    Ok, next time we compete for money.
    $100 per game sound reasonable?
    We'll see how well your nervous system can withstand the pressure.
    Oh and when you lose, you can really say bye bye.

Maybe by then you'll have a real documented USBC average, rather than some mishmash of league, unsanctioned, and open bowling.
    Last edited by Mike White; 03-07-2014 at 01:08 AM.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by tr33frog View Post
    Aslan -

Okay, I'm just going to say what I see/read and see if it makes sense.

1) I've read where he tells someone to have the ball over the left knee, problem I see is that your goes out too far to the left.
    2) The reason he can get away with it barely over his left knee (not on the far side) is because his right shoulder is not just tilted down, but is also tilted back, so he is not standing parallel to the lane at address. Your shoulders are parallel with the lanes when you start.

If you watch his recent post on the DYDS FB post of him throwing it " Coach Slowinski with NO BOWLING SHOES Demonstrating the Movements to the point of release" you can see that you have the ball much further to the left than he does.

I'm not attacking, so please don't take it as that. I'm just trying to point out why I see and how it makes sense to me. The reason I commented on the hand going out to the right after release is that you obviously had to be doing it to compensate for something else. Now I'm not pretending to throw a perfect ball by any means, but with your average as low as it is, and you trying to systematically work your way through things, I'm going to point out things like that before they become habit and harder to fix.
    Looking at his "No Bowling Shoes" video, he has the back swing on one plane, and the forward swing on a different plane. That's not something that is going to be repeatable.

Is Slowinski charging anything for video analysis? His comment about it taking 4 months to become natural sound like he wants your money now, and you'll be disappointed later.

Chats: 39

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    I understand while you're in the infant stage of your bowling development, you can't recognize the effect different oil patterns have on a properly thrown ball.
    Just remember, you didn't bowl better, you won simply because you received enough handicap.

If you really think the game is "that simple" you're destined to be a below average bowler for life.
    I was thinking the same thing reading that paragraph.....

Aslan has a lot of terribly uninformed opinions, but that paragraph was particularly facepalm worthy.

That doesn't mean that every time someone has a bad game, the lanes are at fault. A lot of people blame the lanes when they just had a bad day. But there are cases where lanes can be nearly unplayable with a hook, or when the condition of the lane just matches up terribly with your game.
    Last edited by Hampe; 03-07-2014 at 04:28 AM.
    Company League Average: 198.1
    City League Average: 186.5
    WTBA Sport pattern League Average: 172.9
    Current Arsenal: Roto Grip Nomad Pearl, Wrecker, and Hyper Cell; Track 920A and 505A; Storm Tropical Breeze; Plastic Spare Ball

Cliff notes on this entire thread (sorry they have to be a little longer due to massive content):

The first annual BHMZAMMSCC happened on March 1, 2014. It was a beautiful day (at least inside on the lanes). The cream rose to the top and the inaugural champion, amidst much controversy and without submitting a clean drug test, emerged - a true champion amongst champions - Aslan. Please preorder your Golden Aslan Pagan Worship Statue now - blasphemy never felt so good. We curse the gods of old for making the year so long to have to impatiently wait for the 2015 rematch. Maybe a summer and fall rematch of a different name are in order. June 1, 2014 the Plastic Spare Ball Southern California Invitational and a September 6, 2014 DYDS You're Doing it Wrong Southern California Open?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    Cliff notes on this entire thread (sorry they have to be a little longer due to massive content):

The first annual BHMZAMMSCC happened on March 1, 2014. It was a beautiful day (at least inside on the lanes). The cream rose to the top and the inaugural champion, amidst much controversy and without submitting a clean drug test, emerged - a true champion amongst champions - Aslan. Please preorder your Golden Aslan Pagan Worship Statue now - blasphemy never felt so good. We curse the gods of old for making the year so long to have to impatiently wait for the 2015 rematch. Maybe a summer and fall rematch of a different name are in order. June 1, 2014 the Plastic Spare Ball Southern California Invitational and a September 6, 2014 DYDS You're Doing it Wrong Southern California Open?
    ASLAN is the ONE TRUE WINNER A TRUE

3 games to adjust for lane conditions,,,, and Aslan did what needed to be done, and won!! Now, tasteless, but beautiful women everywhere want to be seen with him! All Glory is yours!! PRAISE BE YOUR NAME!!! Statues, are at this very moment being erected on Mt Olympia in Grease!!!
    (yes correct spelling lol) People will be paying just to SEE, and touch you statue!!! YOU ARE A BOWLING GOD!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default My humble gift to YOU!!

Job well done!! You said your would kick butt,,, and YOU DID!! Bravo!!!!!! Bravo!!!!!! "You Truly are SOMETHING"??
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 03-07-2014 at 11:49 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 506

wow this was surprising
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

Looking at his "No Bowling Shoes" video, he has the back swing on one plane, and the forward swing on a different plane. That's not something that is going to be repeatable.

Is Slowinski charging anything for video analysis? His comment about it taking 4 months to become natural sound like he wants your money now, and you'll be disappointed later.
    It appears on FB anyway that he gives away free advice. Though I think he has some books, shirts, classes that you can pay for as well. I'm relatively comfortable with my current approach with some tweaks, but am interested in different techniques.

Chats: 204

You're still focusing on the scoring aspect. My comments were related to the character aspect.
    Is it more of a character issue that a person immediately jumps in to fix an obvious score error? Or that someone is unable to lose gracefully??

Quote Originally Posted by Hampe View Post
    I was thinking the same thing reading that paragraph.....

Aslan has a lot of terribly uninformed opinions, but that paragraph was particularly facepalm worthy.
    Particularly what?

Quote Originally Posted by Hampe View Post
    But there are cases where lanes can be nearly unplayable with a hook, or when the condition of the lane just matches up terribly with your game.
    I know I'm the most horrible bowler on any planet in any solar system...and thus should bow down to the greatness that is the rest of you internet geniuses (geni???)...but here's a thought....use a different ball. I didn't have a problem with the lane conditions. MY ball wasn't hooking that much. Heck, I'd have let the competition borrow it if they had asked. I mean, how is it that me, a lowly, horrible, poor excuse for a bowler...can alter his release or his loft or even change balls...to get around problematic lane conditions....yet the greatness that is MWhite (or the international greatness that is Hampe)...bowling on those conditions would be a lost cause and provide a legitimate reason why they LOST????

You can facepalm whatever you wanna facepalm. Winners win. Losers lose. Lesser winners brag. Bigger losers make excuses.

You wanna talk character...watch the video more closely. How many times did I compliment Mike on his game? How many times did I mention being impressed about his spare shooting ability? How many times BEFORE the tournament did I mention that Mike had a higher skill level and would likely adapt better than myself or zdawg?? Yeah...go to the tape and see who was the one congratulating the loser versus making excuses why the winner won. Listen to Mike's explanantion that I only won because my "weird game" matched up more closely with the "weird lane conditions".

In other words, if Hampe or Mike White lose....it was some crazy lane condition. And if you doubt that, you're a bad bowler that will never get better because you "don't understand" that they couldn't actually lose....unless something was wrong. Pathetic.

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast