Thread: Storm Fight ?

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

Default Storm Fight ?

Storm is touting this core as "The difference with the Iron Cross™ weight block is that it is the largest weight block Storm has ever developed. And while it was challenging to create this much flare potential in a design which retains this much axis rotation, we're confident you'll see the benefits"

I would think that in time the size could lead to a misshapen coverstock. The picture shows the core quite close to the outside. http://stormbowling.com/products/balls/fight

Has anyone seen a ball with as large a core? I wouldn't be surprised if one of the smaller companies tried it.

Pin Crusher

If I remember, the Sumo (original black cover) had a huge weight block in it. I'm not sure how this could happen, as the weight block is usually buried in a core material in the first place.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

No Chuck, it's not going to cause a misshappen coverstock. The large core creates a very high low RG (2.62) but retains a fairly high differential which does not mean the ball hooks more from more flare (that's a total fallacy), but that it transitions more quickly than most high RG balls when it finally does hook. With your release, you would need a lane that's about 80' long before you would ever see that ball hook... probably out in the parking lot somewhere at Red Rock! LOL

SandBagger

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    No Chuck, it's not going to cause a misshappen coverstock. The large core creates a very high low RG (2.62) but retains a fairly high differential which does not mean the ball hooks more from more flare (that's a total fallacy), but that it transitions more quickly than most high RG balls when it finally does hook. With your release, you would need a lane that's about 80' long before you would ever see that ball hook... probably out in the parking lot somewhere at Red Rock! LOL
    I will stay with the Genius and UpRoar for the upcoming tournament at Orleans. Just thought the huge Weight block could cause issues and it seems my game, which I am not sure how to describe it, would be a disaster if I tried it.