My Initial Optimus Layout: 45 degrees x 3 3/4" X 65 degrees or 3 3/4" x 4 3/4" x 3 1/4"

The Storm Optimus combines a strong R2X cover with the all new Tri-Sphere Core. The Tri-Sphere Core is the first new weight block shape in the Master line since the introduction of the Centripetal core in the Marvel. I will not be surprised if the Tri-Sphere has the same staying power.

The Optimus, as laid out above, has a very strong roll but that strong roll does not take away from the backend reaction/motion. This combination makes the Optimus a very good choice on heavier volume and longer patterns and less so on medium to lighter volume patterns. I have bowled on a couple of modified house shots that just didn't have enough volume to let me start with the Optimus. Can't say I've had that happen with too many pearl balls in the past.

The closest ball to compare to the Optimus is the Marvel Pearl but the Optimus is much stronger in every way. It reads the midlane earlier/stronger and also has a more violent reaction to dry than the Marvel Pearl does (more angular). The two balls can complement each other quite well in that regard.

Conditions I have used the Optimus on: I have used the Optimus mostly on the 42' Kegel Autobahn and 41' Kegel Turnpike patterns during a summer sport shot league. I have tried it on a couple of house/modified house shots. The best reaction was when bowling on patterns with more volume and struggled when there was a little extra friction.

Where the Optimus fits in my bag: My pin-down Optimus is the first ball out of my bag on the heavier/longer patterns at the moment because of it's ability to handle volume, provide a solid midlane read and strong backend reaction. It sits just below my pin down Marvel-S in overall aggressiveness and is a step up from IQ Tour Pearl, IQ Tour Solid or Marvel Pearl (whichever I might have with me).

When I use the Optimus: Whenever there is enough volume and/or length to get the Optimus down the lane. When I need/want an aggressive reaction down lane. It gives me confidence to stay aggressive because I know it can recover if I miss a little right down lane even on flatter sport shot patterns.

Overall the Optimus is a great choice if you're looking for an aggressive pearl ball, especially if you tend to stay away from high end solids but still need a ball for heavier oil.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/3Ic1mCG01rs