Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: LION vs ICEMAN

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default LION vs ICEMAN

Dear Iceman:

Well, I have a reservation in Laughlin on the 26th for sweeps…but if the infamous Iceman is willing to make that trip…I could probably re-arrange my schedule a bit and head to Vegas first…stay there the 24th, then check in early in Laughlin on the 25th.

See if I can't get lesson #2 from Rob while I'm out there…so yes Iceman…I'd be up for that challenge.

Now normally, I'd expect 28 pins handicap per game given I'm rolling in with a 170 average and only 1 year of experience versus a guy with 3 years of experience and a rumored 195-210 average. But, if it really IS his birthday…I mean, to live as long as he has is QUITE the accomplishment…I'd give him the 28 pins.

Now, if Rob joins in…I don't know what his average is…but he's an unofficial pro with 35 years of experience on his HOME LANES/conditions. He's either offering up some handicap or giving me a 50% reduced lesson cost…cuz I'm confident and all…and obviously a future USBC Senior Masters Champion…but at THIS POINT in my development…we have to be reasonable.

ICEMANS RESPONSE:

You have been bowling since you were a little kid,,, you have mentioned that on other threads,,, I remember you saying you loved the smell of used bowling shoes at the front counter where your, I believe Uncle, or Grand father bowled. Don't give ICEMAN this just one year thing!! LOL

Hey I will be broken down form the trip on my bike!!! AT 66 years old,,,, I will HAVE TO DO THE Route 66 roads on my way out!! What a TRIP that will be!!
    YES, Aslan,,, look me up... born September 24 1948!! Older then many of the roads I will riding my Wing on to get to YOU!! What will we be Bowling for??? What format???

I hope Rob is available,,,, 3 shall enter, only one will leave with the GLORY of Victory!!

I will not use the 1500 mile drive on my Bike as and excuse,,,, even if I have to crawl up to the foul line, I will beat you my friend!!! (OR WILL I be defeated by your youth and coaching by ROB!!!????) This needs to happen!! Let's see if Rob is a miracle worker, and the lion can be victorious over ICEMAN!

will it be on WOOD, or Synthetic??? How many lanes are in Vegas.... Iceman needs to do some homework! I am not taking this challenge lightly!!! I do this challenge for all guys over 65!!! JUST WHAT balls do I need to take,,, the ones pictured are my wifes.... I decided to hide my weapons on the other side!!! LOL
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 09-06-2014 at 08:55 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    will it be on WOOD, or Synthetic???
    I don't think there are any wood lanes left in Las Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    How many lanes are in Vegas...
    Well, I'm sure Rob can recommend some lanes. I'd prefer the DRYEST lanes in Vegas. And if Rob is participating…I'd prefer lanes that he either doesn't bowl at regularly AND/OR where he tends to bowl HORRIBLY.

I'm not worried about Iceman beating me…like THATs gonna happen…I'm more worried about RobM.

Ice…if this is going to actually HAPPEN…I need to know by the end of August so I can make the necessary changes to my travel schedule.

There haven't been any wood lanes in Vegas for at least the last ten years that I've lived here. As for where to bowl, I'm sorry to disappoint you guys, but I really don't have any preferences. Depending on the day and how the stars are positioned, I can bowl really well or really horribly on any of them. As to Aslan's preference for really dry lanes, those with the most friction on the outside are probably at Red Rock, but then again, that's where I bowl most of my leagues. Depending on where you guys decide to stay, the Gold Coast is probably the most centrally located, and they usually have lanes available.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I don't think there are any wood lanes left in Las Vegas.

Well, I'm sure Rob can recommend some lanes. I'd prefer the DRYEST lanes in Vegas. And if Rob is participating…I'd prefer lanes that he either doesn't bowl at regularly AND/OR where he tends to bowl HORRIBLY.

I'm not worried about Iceman beating me…like THATs gonna happen…I'm more worried about RobM.

Ice…if this is going to actually HAPPEN…I need to know by the end of August so I can make the necessary changes to my travel schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    There haven't been any wood lanes in Vegas for at least the last ten years that I've lived here. As for where to bowl, I'm sorry to disappoint you guys, but I really don't have any preferences. Depending on the day and how the stars are positioned, I can bowl really well or really horribly on any of them. As to Aslan's preference for really dry lanes, those with the most friction on the outside are probably at Red Rock, but then again, that's where I bowl most of my leagues. Depending on where you guys decide to stay, the Gold Coast is probably the most centrally located, and they usually have lanes available.
    NOTHING is a given on any given day Aslan,,, YOU beat Mike White scratch once, RIGHT?? I plan on making this trip for sure! ONLY thing that could hamper the exact date of arrival could be BAD WEATHER... Rain on my bike not a problem, but severe Strom Type weather might slow me down. My plan is to be there, on my birthday sept 24th!! Too bad about the wood,,,,, I would have thought there is all kinds of WOOD in a place like Vegas!!! LOL
    Rob, I am the SAME FRICKEN way.... LOL,,,, My game can be really on, or it can be about the same as Aslan best days!! LOL

I need to get out the road maps, I do plan on riding my bike out, and taking as much as possible all the OLD ROUTE 66 detours as possible! How cool will that be,,,, turning 66 years old and doing the Route 66! It all came to me in a DREAM!

Then as a reward... getting to meet you and Aslan, and then destroying you BOTH!! LOL or vice/versa!! We need to come up with a format,,, which lanes, how many games..... THIS WILL BE SCRATCH.... None of that handicap crap!! REAL MEN, and the 3 of us R,,,,, Don't go for that special Olympics' stuff! Even playing field to Iceman is 3 men going at it for the PURE GLORY of Victory!

I might even talk Geneo2u into coming out with me to take you both on as a team. ( I like two man teams), not a lot of sitting around, I like to keep the flow moving! We bowled yesterday, Saturday, at that mom pop place from 6pm to 10pm, I mentioned the trip I plan on doing, and his words were, ( "ICE DON"T TEMPT ME") so he is a maybe, but BANK on me being there! If it works out better for you Aslan, or Rob to be there on a different day, Let me know... My birthday falls on a Wednesday this year,,, which is the Same Real Day I Was Born!! I could be lethal bowling you guys with all that Karma behind me!

So if you would rather do it another day, that's too bad!! Actually I open, LOL,,, I do want this to happen,,, what better way to celebrate Iceman's birthday, then to bowl with 2 respected bowing opponents. West Coast Aslan, and Vegas Big Bob!

Ok,, picture this,,, I drive Route 66, I get to Vegas, stay at a motel Room 66, Celebrate my 66 birthday, bowling on Lane 66 at the ( Route 66 Bowing alley! 6 has always been my lucky number! Could 66 be even luckier??? If the 24th works for both of you, plan on me being there, any recommendations on a reasonable motel would be appreciated Rob!

GET READY ,,,,, ICEMAN IS coming,,,,,
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Wednesday is the slowest day of the week in Vegas. Once we decide where to bowl, I'd suggest you call that hotel and see what kind of rate they'll give you. It'll probably be pretty reasonable in the middle of the week during the summer season. I will be bowling league at noon on Wednesday at Red Rock then, but we could do it early before league starts. Red Rock has the driest outsides on the planet, so Aslan should love it.

I am planning on bowling both Iceman and Rob scratch. If Gene wants to join the slaughter…have him come along. But no Iceman, you can't have Gene prop you up in some kind of half *** elderly doubles tournament. If you need Gene to bowl for you, then save the gas and just send him!

We'll set the date as 6:00PM on September 24th at Gold Coast. That may change if 6:00PM does;t work due to leagues or something. I'll change my Laughlin plans accordingly. When it gets closer I'll book my night in Vegas and call Gold Coast to reserve the lanes. I figure a pair of lanes, 4 games each, 1 warm-up, then 3 that count.

If you get there early for practice, thats fine, but I'll have to make sure it's (the practice) not on the actual lanes we're going to bowl on.

Good luck Iceman…you're going to NEED it.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

I don't mind Red Rock…but I'm voting Gold Coast since Rob has a home center advantage on Red Rock. But if you guys vote Red Rock; I'm game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I am planning on bowling both Iceman and Rob scratch. If Gene wants to join the slaughter…have him come along. But no Iceman, you can't have Gene prop you up in some kind of half *** elderly doubles tournament. If you need Gene to bowl for you, then save the gas and just send him!

We'll set the date as 6:00PM on September 24th at Gold Coast. That may change if 6:00PM does;t work due to leagues or something. I'll change my Laughlin plans accordingly. When it gets closer I'll book my night in Vegas and call Gold Coast to reserve the lanes. I figure a pair of lanes, 4 games each, 1 warm-up, then 3 that count.

If you get there early for practice, thats fine, but I'll have to make sure it's (the practice) not on the actual lanes we're going to bowl on.

Good luck Iceman…you're going to NEED it.
    WHY WOULD I WANT GENE to BOWL FOR ME<<< ICEMAN!! He just thought it might be fun to make the bike trip with me, he recently purchased a Goldwing himself!

One of his favorite movies was Custer's Last Stand! He likes witnessing Massacres, especially of the BOWLING TYPES!!!

is,,,, IS that Aslan standing alone in the middle of that massacre!!! Did I tell you I have some Indian blood running through my veins!!!!!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 08-03-2014 at 03:29 PM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Default Got the Wifes OK!! But,,,,, BUT!!!!

she said if I was going to jump on the bike and ride out to Vegas, I had to take out a 100,000 dollar Life Insurance policy,,, one of those inexpensive ones that covers accidental death only! Tomorrow I will check it out!! The Event is going to take place Wednesday Sept 24!!

We have a lot to discuss in regards to how this is going to come down, and even the CHEERY picking of lanes that you, or Rob like. Maybe we put a number of bowling establishments in a bowl and draw one out the day of! That way no shenanigans, can take place! Not that I don't trust you Aslan.... I just don't!!!! LOL

ON MY BIRTHDAY,,, 66 years, and I am taking on a 30 year old, and a Gold Level Coach! How better a way for me to spend my BIRTHDAY then Rolling the balls, against two formidable bowlers,,, The San Diego Champ,,,, and The Coach of the Stars in Vegas!!! (.... Can an old broken down worn out X Iron Worker pull this off?????

I will be there Bank on it Aslan,,,,,, get your ego ready for Shock and Awe!!!!! I was going to do the drive in one day form Kansas city MO.... but might wait to see what the weather looks like. If I need to, I will make my departure around making sure I can be there on the agreed date.

Sounds like Wednesday is a GOOD day for the Show Down in the OK Town of Vegas!!

We bowl on one of my seniors leagues tomorrow for the championship, its a bowl off, we have a one game lead! This will be a huge Ego lift if when the chips are down,,, Iceman, Icewoman, and Stewart take the trophy!

GET READY ASLAN....you sandbagger,,,, who bet Mike scratch a while back!! Can you do that again to ICE!!! ( We shall see ,,,, we shall see!
    As far as Rob goes, Vegas has me the underdog there to, but I wouldn't have it any other way!!

Last edited by MICHAEL; 08-04-2014 at 01:03 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Glad to see you so excited Iceman. FYI, I am a Silver Level Coach, not Gold Level, and the only stars that I've coached are located in the sky at night. As far as picking the lanes goes, you guys are more than welcome to pick them. I bowl all over the valley and am quite capable of bowling very well or really horribly most anywhere depending whether my head happens to be on my shoulders that day.

Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast