Axis Tilt:20
Axis Rotation: 45
Ball Speed:17
PAP Measurements: 4 1/8

Layout: http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/j...tribalfire.jpg
2 ½ pin to pap
6 1/8 psa to pap
1 ½ pin buffer

Description: Back for the second time is the Tribal Fire armed with the Halogen weight block that was featured in the original Tribal and Fusion Hybrid Reactive coverstock. The cover stock allows the Tribal Fire to read the lane earlier and provide a smoother ball motion than its predecessor. The box finish on this fireball 5000 Grit Laser Scan Polish.

Out of box surface: 5000 Polished

Ball Reaction: I loved the original Tribal ball motion, in comparison to the original Tribal you will see a stronger response to friction out of the Tribal Fire whereas you saw a smoother reaction out of the original Tribal. In comparing the two the Tribal Fire hooks 4 to 5 boards more because of the Fusion Hybrid Reactive cover. I feel I can play anywhere on the lane with the Tribal fire, especially when I need to go west. The Tribal Fire retains energy so well that continuation is not a problem.

Conditions

THS (40 feet): On THS I found myself playing straighter standing 10 targeting 5, because of surface being at box (5000 polished) I was able to stand right and play right for the first two games of league, I found this to be a bonus as I did not have to move left unless I wanted too. In the last game I stood wear I normally would standing 15 from the left targeting 10 to the right and watched the ball roll up and push through the pin deck.

Nationals Singles Pattern (38 feet): I had no trouble playing right of my target all three games, the cover really shined on this pattern as the 5000 finish got down the lane with ease. I saw a reliable and predictable reaction on this pattern, it definitely allowed me to stay further right longer and my square my angles.

Summary: Depending on the amount of friction the lanes are offering me the Tribal Fire is the first ball out of my bag, it provides a stronger mid lane reaction than the original Tribal. It’s the versatility that stands out about this ball as I was able to use it for the duration of leagues and tournaments, it was just a matter of moving my target or chasing the pattern friction. The Tribal Fire is a must have for those looking to conquer light to medium conditions or flat patterns, they say it is dangerous to play with fire but I say it’s dangerous if you don’t. Give in to your inner pyromaniac and put this in your bag. It’s worth your time I promise you.

K.C.White II
MOTIV Staff
www.motivbowling.com