Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Iceman is a god

A bowling god, a biker god and a force of nature.

Oh Mr. Greatness, Mr. Bowling god, of all things holy and pure as wood lanes. I respectfully request that you to grant me the strength, wisdom and fortitude, even through all the barley and hops as well as shots that are a-plenty, to finally piece together 12 strikes in 1 consecutive game. Please grant me mercy and know that I too believe, truly believe, that only real men, and some midgets or little people or whatever is pc, only can bowl on wood. I recognize your tournament of spiders, chaos and hillbilly farm love as an official tournament of champions. In the name of the holy trinity known as Iceman, Michael and Bowling god, amen.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    What matters is YOUR average, and how many easy 300's and 800's you have thrown this last year.

Well if you want to compare sanctioned 300s, in the last 12 months (11/2013 - 11/2014), I've had one, while you've had zero.

If you want to compare Seasons rather than months, in the season of 2013-2014 (Aug 2013 - July 2014), I had one, you had one.

If unsanctioned bowling counts also, I've had both another 300, and an 800 series... you?????

What you seem to be missing is none of this crap really matters.

We are currently playing a game best described as adult bumper bowling.

We didn't make this game, it's just the only one provided now.

Even sport bowling is easier.

The modern bowling ball has the ability to hit the pins MUCH harder than pure urethane of the 80's.

Try throwing a game with just a plastic ball some time.

The carry % goes down, which makes your spare shooting ability become more important.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Well if you want to compare sanctioned 300s, in the last 12 months (11/2013 - 11/2014), I've had one, while you've had zero.

If you want to compare Seasons rather than months, in the season of 2013-2014 (Aug 2013 - July 2014), I had one, you had one.

If unsanctioned bowling counts also, I've had both another 300, and an 800 series... you?????

What you seem to be missing is none of this crap really matters.

We are currently playing a game best described as adult bumper bowling.

We didn't make this game, it's just the only one provided now.

Even sport bowling is easier.

The modern bowling ball has the ability to hit the pins MUCH harder than pure urethane of the 80's.

Try throwing a game with just a plastic ball some time.

The carry % goes down, which makes your spare shooting ability become more important.
    I have had TWO within 6 months,,, have you had two that close togerther??? My last one was with a 780,,, almost two perfect games, and a 800!
    10/21/13,,, and 4/14/13!
    Mike White its the begaining,,, you might of notice that 280 I posted a picture of a week or so ago,, alone with that 741 series with NOTHING below a 243!

YES,,, I can't wait to get you on the WOOD!!

I KNOW,,,, I KNOW,,, BOWING IS SO FRICKEN EASY NOW DAY! So are so many other sports!!! Better equipment, and conditions!! GET OVER IT!!
    we are tired,,,, of hearing the Oil issue that keeps YOU up at nights!!!

The Bikers want redemption!!!!!! YOU know you were just lucky in Vegas in the doubles because of the FORMAT! We will not be TRICKED this time!!

YOU WANT A REAL challenge!!! I know Chris, and Lee, would be happy to put the oil down the way they did up until about 3 years ago! With a mop! Is that what you want Mr. Oil is too easy... it can be arranged!!

Mud and Ice don't fear mop oil,,, what about YOU!

OR

Mud and ICE can handle either,,,, you want that OLD TIME OIL,,,, well are you and Aslan up to the challenge!!! ,,,,,,,,,,,,!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 11-19-2014 at 02:46 PM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Default ICEMAN is a LOVING GOD

Yes mike white, I care for YOU also! LOVE might be a strong word, but you are forgiven for all your oily thoughts now, and in the future, AMEN!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 4

YOU WANT A REAL challenge!!! I know Chris, and Lee, would be happy to put the oil down the way they did up until about 3 years ago! With a mop! Is that what you want Mr. Oil is too easy... it can be arranged!!

Mud and ICE can handle either,,,, you want that OLD TIME OIL,,,, well are you and Aslan up to the challenge!!! ,,,,,,,,,,,,!

I vote for the mop because it doesn't matter to me the more challenging the lanes are
    the better and more fair it will be for everyone as no one will have an advantage over
    the others.

Can't hardly wait for June the 13th to get here it's going to be some fun.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Banned

I have had TWO within 6 months,,, have you had two that close togerther??? My last one was with a 780,,, almost two perfect games, and a 800!
    10/21/13,,, and 4/14/13!
    Mike White its the begaining,,, you might of notice that 280 I posted a picture of a week or so ago,, alone with that 741 series with NOTHING below a 243!

YES,,, I can't wait to get you on the WOOD!!

I KNOW,,,, I KNOW,,, BOWING IS SO FRICKEN EASY NOW DAY! So are so many other sports!!! Better equipment, and conditions!! GET OVE IT!!
    we are tired,,,, of hearing the Oil issue that keeps YOU up at nights!!!

The Bikers want redemption!!!!!! YOU know you were just lucky in Vegas in the doubles because of the FORMAT! We will not be TRICKED this time!!

YOU WANT A REAL challenge!!! I know Chris, and Lee, would be happy to put the oil down the way they did up until about 3 years ago! With a mop! Is that what you want Mr. Oil is to easy... it can be arranged!!

How exactly did the doubles format put you and Mud at a disadvantage?

Remember, I had Aslan.

Yes he looked better than normal because he wasn't shooting at the types of spares he normally leaves.

As for a mop.. Please do. Just make sure the mop oils gutter to gutter so as not to put the same damn wall out there.

Try different lengths, from 40 down to 24. You'll find the shorter, the more difficult.

24 feet is what I shot my 300 on.

If you make it too long and heavy, you give the advantage to Aslan.

Long and heavy nullifies the one the skills Aslan has yet to learn. How to make the ball break in the back ends.

Thats what happened in Temecula. As for Aslan's home lanes of wood, the problem was getting the ball down to the back ends before it would break.

Take a hammer and pound the crap out of the 1st 15 feet of your precious wood lanes.

That will simulate the conditions where Aslan bowled, until they tore those lanes out.

As for big league games close together that I can remember.

In Sept of 1989 I had 278, 268, 245, for 791.
    In Jan of 1990 I shot 279 (stone 8 in a middle frame) in a house that had 3 300 games in the 20 years I was there.
    In Jan of 1990 I shot 300
    In March of 1990 I shot 227, 245, 299, for 771
    Some time later that same season (don't remember the date) I shot 17X, 279, 289

Oh yeah, all of those scores were shot on wood, during a time when honor scores required an inspection of the ball, pins, lane, and oil after the score was shot, and before any further bowing could be done on those lanes. That meant the guy came out that night to inspect. Back when the game had integrity.

Both the 791, and 771 ended up being the high series shot in those two scratch leagues.
    Those scores today would be run of the mill even for handicap leagues.

In that "tough" house, at one point they even offered $1 per pin for scores over 250.

I managed a 280 game during that time for $30.

If a place did that now, they would go broke quick.
    Last edited by Mike White; 11-19-2014 at 03:22 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    A bowling god, a biker god and a force of nature.

Oh Mr. Greatness, Mr. Bowling god, of all things holy and pure as wood lanes. I respectfully request that you to grant me the strength, wisdom and fortitude, even through all the barley and hops as well as shots that are a-plenty, to finally piece together 12 strikes in 1 consecutive game. Please grant me mercy and know that I too believe, truly believe, that only real men, and some midgets or little people or whatever is pc, only can bowl on wood. I recognize your tournament of spiders, chaos and hillbilly farm love as an official tournament of champions. In the name of the holy trinity known as Iceman, Michael and Bowling god, amen.
    Wouldn't you prefer 12 consecutive strikes in 1 game?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    I vote for the mop because it doesn't matter to me the more challenging the lanes are
    the better and more fair it will be for everyone as no one will have an advantage over
    the others.

ICMAN is a BOWLILNG GOD NOW!! If all of you are truly interested I can pay a little extra for all the work involved, but we can have The OIL mopped like in the old days, when Mike White ruled the lanes!!

But WHY is it,,,, that me,,,, ICEGOD,,, thinks he will STILL find something to complain about!

It's in his nature.......
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    the others.

Between now and June 13th they will try out the mop, and struggle to shoot 150.

Then somehow the ability to use the mop will no longer be available.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Between now and June 13th they will try out the mop, and struggle to shoot 150.

Then somehow the ability to use the mop will no longer be available.
    HOW DO YOU, a mere mortal know that??? LOL ,,LOL,,, Only a God knows these things!! I have visions now Mike!!!
    Its amazing,,, they started coming to me late yesterday for some godly reason!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast