Thread: Tested pro shops work on my ball with 4 practice games today.......

Chats: 0

Default Tested pro shops work on my ball with 4 practice games today.......

My Raw Hammer Anger ball was de-oiled, resurfaced and polished and had forward/reverse and left/right thumb lateral work done to it. The pro shop guy said my ball was completely black when he de-oiled it. My surface was redone to 4000 Abralon and polished like I had it before de-oiling. Thumb pitch was changed from 1/8 reverse to 1/8 forward. Thumb lateral pitch was pitched more left as the palm is facing me-I am left handed-whereas before it was shifted more right towards my little finger.

As anyone here knows when you have these things done to your ball you have to get used to your ball all over again because it now works differently. When I started my first practice game I was a little paranoid with the thumb work. I took it easy the first game to make sure I didn't launch myself done the alley with the ball. After the first game it was a matter of finding where I had to stand to hit the pocket. I am sure after a few games the adjustment will change like it always seems to.

Being practice games I wasn't concerned about score as this was all about adjustments to the balls new reworks. After the first getting used to game I bowled a 170 in the second game. Third game was 178. I finally entered the fourth game with confidence in the ball and bowled a 234. Started first frame with a 9 pin open frame. I then got three strikes in a row then a spare then four strikes in a row then a spare and strike to finish the tenth frame. The new thumb adjustment felt great and worked great for me. It seemed like it made my grip more relaxed. I now have a more snug thumbhole and won't need six pieces of tape to get it tighter. I'll save money on bowling tape. I am happy with the pro shops work.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Chats: 0

Sounds like you found a solution. Keep on practicing!

Great news. if you're anything like me finding a better fit will raise your average
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums