Thread: Trouble getting the ball out

Chats: 0

Default Trouble getting the ball out

During last weeks league night I couldn't, for the life of me, get the ball out to the 5-7 boards at the breakpoint. For some reason, I kept going straight up the middle and either hitting high at best to Brooklyn. I thought I might have been dropping my shoulder, so I was cognizant of that and still went up the middle. It got so bad that I went up there saying to myself "this one is getting out to the 5-7 if it kills me"... Only to throw a gutter ball. What can I do to make sure the ball gets out to the 5-7 boards at the breakpoint if this were to happen again?

Were you just missing your mark inside, or was the ball hooking too early? If you were missing your mark, it sounds like you had a timing issue causing you to tug the ball. What's helped me (thanks to this site!) is posting your shot after release, if you can hold it through the pins hitting it will go a long way to correcting your timing. If you're falling off balance or can't hold your release you'll know something was off in that shot.