Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pyramid Blood Moon

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Good to see you back on the site RV hope things are going well for you.
    It's good to be back!

I posted this in another thread, and I'll post it here too. What color is the Blood Moon??? I can't tell by the pics/descriptions. Sometimes it looks purple, sometimes it looks black. One description says "blood crimson," another says, "black/red." What color is this ball???

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by rv driver View Post
    I posted this in another thread, and I'll post it here too. What color is the Blood Moon??? I can't tell by the pics/descriptions. Sometimes it looks purple, sometimes it looks black. One description says "blood crimson," another says, "black/red." What color is this ball???
    Well you've already ordered one so I'll guess you find out when you open the box. in reality most of the balls look different in person than they do in pictures or the videos
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Well you've already ordered one so I'll guess you find out when you open the box. in reality most of the balls look different in person than they do in pictures or the videos
    It's like giving birth. No, I take that back. They have ultrasound for that now.

The big question is, does anyone know who makes these balls for bowlingball.com? Guaranteed, they don't have their own manufacturing factility, so finding out who is actually producing the balls will tell you a ton about what to expect.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    The big question is, does anyone know who makes these balls for bowlingball.com? Guaranteed, they don't have their own manufacturing factility, so finding out who is actually producing the balls will tell you a ton about what to expect.
    ICEGOD, makes them in his basement! Worked out a deal with Bowlingball.com! Good for both of us!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    The internet rumors appear to point towards 900Global. And thats not a "bad" thing because I think 900Global has the experience to help make quality products. But it IS a bad thing from a perceptiion standpoint (which is why it's not advertised much I reckon) because:

A) It takes away the "unique-ness" of the brand. It's hard to say "Pyramid brand is forging ahead and creating exciting new products the likes of which the bowling world has never seen..." and then in small print say, "Actually you have seen this technology in 900Global's failed products of 2-3 years ago."

B) While I personally think 900Global is a strong ball company...I thought their Network was very under-rated for example...the 900Global of NOW...is completely faltering. They aren't selling...they've given up on the PBA Tour...now is just not a good time to "proudly" proclaim 900Global is behind your products.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 32

Does it really matter who pours the balls? If Bowling ball.com is providing the specifications for the balls it doesn't really matter who pours it. You are getting what bowlingball.com ordered from that manufacturer I don't know if it really matters if it was poured in Utah, Dallas, Michigan, Mexico, or China. What matters is the design of the core and the formulation for the cover stock as long as those are unique you are purchasing a unique product.

Me personally I don't purchase balls I haven't seen others roll that I can compare in some way to my game. I haven't seen anyone local using these balls locally so I wouldn't purchase one but that's just a personal thing for me.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Does it really matter who pours the balls? If Bowling ball.com is providing the specifications for the balls it doesn't really matter who pours it. You are getting what bowlingball.com ordered from that manufacturer I don't know if it really matters if it was poured in Utah, Dallas, Michigan, Mexico, or China. What matters is the design of the core and the formulation for the cover stock as long as those are unique you are purchasing a unique product.

Me personally I don't purchase balls I haven't seen others roll that I can compare in some way to my game. I haven't seen anyone local using these balls locally so I wouldn't purchase one but that's just a personal thing for me.
    I was just gonna say that there are likely only a few ball factories that everyone uses (or that many use). i know that's true for guitars. And there are only 3 guitar string manufacturers that everyone buys from and slaps their name on. As long as the factory is maintaining tight quality control (and any ball company worth its salt would insist on great quality control), what matters is the R & D that's done by the experts (ostensibly at Pyramid, itself).

On your other point, I normally don't buy "sight unseen," or at least without some kind of user recommendation, either. But this was such a great price -- I never find these kinds of great prices -- I simply couldn't resist. As I say, if I hate it, it will go to my daughter. Still a great deal.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    ICEGOD, makes them in his basement! Worked out a deal with Bowlingball.com! Good for both of us!
    Stock prices in Bowlingball.com just plummeted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast