Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Teenage Bowler

I am going to assume you are a lefty by that description, since if you were pointing ur middle and ring fingers dead left and you were a righty, that would be extremely awkard. As you release the ball, do you feel your hand coming around the side of the ball at all, as if you started behind it and then rotated your hand around it?
    Glenn Cox
    Style: Cranker
    Average: 215, High Game: 300 (2), High Series: 772
    Arsenal: Cell (2), Black Widow Bite, No Mercy Beat'n, Cherry Vibe, Anger, Link, Black Widow Solid

Show Your Bowling Love By Adding This In Your Signature
    I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by The Bowling Guru View Post
    I am going to assume you are a lefty by that description, since if you were pointing ur middle and ring fingers dead left and you were a righty, that would be extremely awkard. As you release the ball, do you feel your hand coming around the side of the ball at all, as if you started behind it and then rotated your hand around it?
    lol I mean when I'm holding the ball in front of me before my approach, (i'm a righty by the way), my hand is turned so that my four fingers are pointing to my left, almost like holding a baby.

When I throw the ball, my hand comes partway around the ball, but I like to get some revs on it more than curve, my curve is already good enough without trying to get it that way.

To hook a Black Widow like you mentioned before, you must have some decent hand in the ball. Would you happen to have a video of you bowling? Maybe on Youtube or something o that nature?
    Glenn Cox
    Arsenal: Cell (2), Black Widow Bite, No Mercy Beat'n, Cherry Vibe, Anger, Link, Black Widow Solid

I don't, no, but I'll see about getting one made here in the near future.

I really appreciate the help, I signed up to this site thinking maybe it would be just professionals bragging about their bowling balls, the new guys sitting in the back and just watching.

I love how the site immediately welcomed me in and made me feel like part of the group.

This site definitely gets a 10/10 from me.
    16 lb Rattler

All Times...

High Score: 216
    High Series: 460
    High Average: 157
    Low Score: 98
    Low Series: 308
    Low Average: 98

No problem for the help, even though I am struggling a bit to picture your approach. It just isn't clicking in my head for some reason, but a video would definately make all the difference. Then I can really give you some tips and advice.
    Glenn Cox

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Quote Originally Posted by TJSieling View Post
    I really appreciate the help, I signed up to this site thinking maybe it would be just professionals bragging about their bowling balls, the new guys sitting in the back and just watching.

I love how the site immediately welcomed me in and made me feel like part of the group.

This site definitely gets a 10/10 from me.
    I'm glad you feel the same way I do. I'm hoping that it never turns into the sites like that. I've been to them, too. We're all pretty normal people, I think. Well, maybe not exactly "normal" but you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by kev3inp View Post
    I'm glad you feel the same way I do. I'm hoping that it never turns into the sites like that. I've been to them, too. We're all pretty normal people, I think. Well, maybe not exactly "normal" but you know what I mean.
    I have a saying about the word "normal".

Normal is a setting on a dishwasher, not a person.

So NO ONE is "normal" no matter how hard they try to be.
    16 lb Rattler

All Times...

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by TJSieling View Post
    I have a saying about the word "normal".

Normal is a setting on a dishwasher, not a person.

So NO ONE is "normal" no matter how hard they try to be.

I am AB-normal
    Go Broncos!

THAT, sir, probably describes every person on this planet, and if they exist, on other planets. o.O
    16 lb Rattler

All Times...

Taylor,

Welcome to BowlingBoards.

My name is Anneke, I live in Michigan and have been on an all-womens league since 1997.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123