Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tony Bowling Scores

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Yes, now that you mention it I usually walk up in the 10th thinking about what my max score would be if I strike out, I would say that's not taking one shot at a time !
    Now that you know, can you change it?

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Now that you know, can you change it?
    Not sure if there is any trick to it, I know sometimes I tighten up a bit and try to aim it instead of just throwing like prior frames. I have to stay loose and make my normal throw.

Not sure if there is any trick to it, I know sometimes I tighten up a bit and try to aim it instead of just throwing like prior frames. I have to stay loose and make my normal throw.
    The trick is to forget the whole max score thing, and just think "add ten" with each ball you throw.

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    The trick is to forget the whole max score thing, and just think "add ten" with each ball you throw.
    Right, seems like I am better off if I don't pay attention to my score.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Right, seems like I am better off if I don't pay attention to my score.
    Most of the time you are better off not worrying about score, it just adds more pressure you don't need.

It's like when I get in brackets, I just wait until the last game is done then check if I made it.

I use to be like a lot guys run up there and check after every game, if I' made it through the first round. I'd see who I bowl next and what they did the game before to see what kind of game I have maybe shoot. Then when bowling worrying if I'm on a high enough scoring pace.

You better off just relaxing and bowl your game.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 01-03-2016 at 08:48 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Probably wasn't the best idea to bowl tonight (Wednesday)as I just got a cortisone shot in my thumb (Tuesday) to hopefully help the problems I have been having with trigger thumb.
    Got to the center about 30 minutes before league was supposed to start and was met with a packed parking lot and a high school tournament in progress. They totally botched the lane assignments and instead of the championship matches on the lanes where the beer and pizza league that starts at 7 they were on the lanes we are supposed to bowl on at 6. This resulted in our whole league waiting around for an hour and a half before we could start.
    I could never really get a rhythm going and shot 175 / 185 / 195 555 (185)
    I did manage to get a mark in the 10th of games 2 and 3 but overall not too thrilled with my effort.
    I couldn't string any strikes together but managed to pick up most of my spare opportunities, with the exception of a few splits and a 6/10 I chopped.

It was a great night, one of my teammates made it down to bowl for the first time this season, he has been going through cancer treatment and the new therapy he started is working and he's feeling good again.
    One of our other guys who averages 130's had his best night of the season with a 205 / 512 !

My bowling wasn't bad had a 202 - 204 - 184 / 590. The first game was good until the 10th left an 8 pin and then the only time of the night the spare attempt stuck on my thumb and missed it... However game 2 and 3 finished the 10th with /x and then xxx maybe I've finally gotten past the dreaded curse of the 10th. game 2 I wasn't paying attention and threw a baby split and picked it up then turned to head back and realized it was the 10th. game 3 was a bit of a struggle but finished strong.

Friday AM league, our lead-off guy failed to show up again and one of the guys on the other team was late so we got a slightly late start. I bowled OK the first 3 games and had a little split trouble the last game when the line I was using went away. 176 / 243 / 201 / 148 series 620 / 768
    The 2 middle games I was right on target and won the first 3 games faltering in the last game to lose that one but had enough pins to take series also.

Wed night, we are 3 weeks into the second half of split season and we are doing well. Last 2 weeks won 4 and 5 points and are in 2nd place.
    Looked like it was going to be a really good night, 223 for the first game then 178 and 152 .... 553 and 184 avg.
    not too happy with that performance.

Lots of oil tonight and I failed to adjust well enough, lots of low scores on the lanes tonight. One kid on the next pair shot the same series as I did, only problem is he had a 236 average going into the night.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast