Thread: I got outbid..

Default I got outbid..

On Ebay for my first bowling ball purchase there. They were selling my favorite ball you cannot buy anymore, the Hammer Jet Black Taboo. I KNEW I should of placed my highest bid, higher. It was NIB and my exact weight I use. I am very bummed right now and just had to vent.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 32

Bubba are you being one of those guys that pay more than they were originally sold for discontinued equipment? I haven't ever understood that if you are. I know you may have great memories about a ball but with as much great stuff as is out there right now you can't find something that will give you a similar reaction?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

How did I know you were going to chime in Amyers?? Actually, my highest bid was the retail price of the ball, that is why I did not win. So that = I do not over pay for my bowling equipment.

Each person has their own value of what they want to spend and what ball they want to use. I may not agree with your arsenal at all, but guess what? That's not my business, as I don't have to throw it. It's YOUR choice what to buy no matter what someone else thinks (or say) to you.

And I actually have bought a few balls since then and no, not happy with reaction compared to this one. So I will now continue my quest, as it is not that old of a ball and you can continue to follow me around this board like a (mud)puppy.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by bubba809 View Post
    How did I know you were going to chime in Amyers?? Actually, my highest bid was the retail price of the ball, that is why I did not win. So that = I do not over pay for my bowling equipment.

Each person has their own value of what they want to spend and what ball they want to use. I may not agree with your arsenal at all, but guess what? That's not my business, as I don't have to throw it. It's YOUR choice what to buy no matter what someone else thinks (or say) to you.

And I actually have bought a few balls since then and no, not happy with reaction compared to this one. So I will now continue my quest, as it is not that old of a ball and you can continue to follow me around this board like a (mud)puppy.
    Hey wasn't trying to come down on you. I was interesting in understanding the mindset. I was out of bowling for the early days of resin balls and I haven't thrown anything yet that I feel like I would be willing to go out and drop a mint on yet. I have heard others talk about how great some of these balls are (Jet Black Taboo, Vibes, Virtual Gravity). I just see some of the prices that some of these discontinued balls fetch and am amazed. Value is always in the eye of the beholder.

I wasn't aware that I was following you anywhere. I simply post on the comments that I find interesting.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 204

I'd pay more than original ball cost for certain models. There are some models you just really like or wanted to try and bowling balls get discontinued so fast you don't get a chance to buy them new.

I've always wanted a Hammer Big Block Diesel...but thats an old ball that is hard to find NIB, undrilled. And I wouldn't pay over original cost for a USED/drilled ball. I also really wanted a 16lb Lane #1 Stealth Bomber...but kinda missed my chance at that one...and it's not a big brand, so harder to find elsewhere. The Lane Masters Black Pearl Blue Ocean is another one I kinda liked but same situation as the Lane #1 ball above.

But, most balls I wouldn't pay anywhere near suggested retail price for. My most expensive ball I've bought was the $105 (shipped) Fortera Exile I got on bowlingball.som during their black friday sale. By the time I get it drilled it'll cost me about $180 out the door. Normally my limit is about $155 shipped, drilled, inserts, out the door for a NIB first quality ball.

I tried like hell to get a Nexxus (f+p) but I only wanted it if I could get it at a discount since its an older model and while being a very sweet ball...newer technology is out there...but I couldn't ever get the cost shipped below $85 and that was kinda my cutoff for that ball.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!