Thread: First place!

Default First place!

Final third of winter leagues, still plenty to go, but we just battled for first place and took all 4! The sweet/not so sweet part is my best friend that got me into bowling is on the other team. They were 11-1 and we were 9-3 going on. And next week is a knock down week so we will be battling another team 1/2 game behind us for first again. But it feels good, as going in 4 of our 5 man team are all under 180 before we picked up a new to the area guy that averages in the 200 area a few weeks into the league.

It's also awesome because the team averages are from 858-1042. And we are techically the second worst team average wise with 868.

Full disclosure on some of the wins, sometimes the teams we play have not done so great and we did just enough to win. But we have also turned it on sometimes and beat some of them scratch. Hopefully we can keep the momentum going and pull out a third and make playoffs.

Regardless we are happy as a team of guys that should have had no shot to compete in this league, to be right around 500 overall for the season, and will at least get some decent money back for wins and have had fun getting better

Chats: 32

Congrats on first good luck going forward
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Congrats on first good luck going forward
    Thanks. We have been on a roll since the last few weeks of the second third and this last third, hopefully er can keep it up

Split this week, but so did the two teams right behind us as well as the third team behind us by a few games. So we hold first place going into the knockdown week ( thought it was tonight but knockdown is next week). Gonna be an interesting week again