Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Won a fun match tonite against a 17 year old

Chats: 0

Default Won a fun match tonite against a 17 year old

In my Monday night practice session, my coach told me to take on this young man and give him some competition. We bowled a best of 5, and I won 3 to 2. He was pretty good. We split the first 4 games, then I buried him on the last game. I asked him if he wanted to keep going, but he quickly grabbed his equipment and said he was done, and he left.
    I had a good time, but I'm paying for it now. Super sore and stiff. I doubt that kid even feels a thing. Getting old sucks

Nice work, competition with a 17 yo would be interesting !

That's the advantage of being younger. The most I've bowled is I think nine games in a day. I was perfectly fine the next day as well. It was just for fun, no competition though.

I think I bowled 11 or 12 games in a 2 hour session once.

I was bowling 11-12 games over 3 hours before my injury. 5 games is my highest so far during recovery. At least I won

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    I think I bowled 11 or 12 games in a 2 hour session once.
    It's all in what you get used too. My daughter bowls some long tournaments so I have bowled longer sets with her to increase her stamina. I used to be limited to about 5 or 6 games max without pain now I can throw 10 or 12 with no issues
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Saturday night I was bowling with my son and daughter in law. When we bowled the 3rd game I smoked my son by 100 pins he still is wondering how I did that. I limit myself to 8 or 9 games depending on how the elbow feels

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    It's all in what you get used too. My daughter bowls some long tournaments so I have bowled longer sets with her to increase her stamina. I used to be limited to about 5 or 6 games max without pain now I can throw 10 or 12 with no issues
    Yeah I don't have any issues anymore. I could literally bowl all night with very frequent breaks and still not feel any soreness

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    In my Monday night practice session, my coach told me to take on this young man and give him some competition. We bowled a best of 5, and I won 3 to 2. He was pretty good. We split the first 4 games, then I buried him on the last game. I asked him if he wanted to keep going, but he quickly grabbed his equipment and said he was done, and he left.
    I had a good time, but I'm paying for it now. Super sore and stiff. I doubt that kid even feels a thing. Getting old sucks
    In league last night, my partner and I faced two bowlers in their early to mid twenties. George and Frank are both excellent bowlers, with relatively high rev rates and good spare shooters. Ed and I, who are both old enough to be AARP members, went into the set thinking we'd be lucky to take a couple points. My first game scratch beat my opponents score with handicap. Ed was close to doing the same. The second game was much closer, but I think they were demoralized after the first game. We swept the set.

Second set was a different story. I didn't really figure the lanes out until the last two frames. Fortunately Ed was lined up well and we were able to 14 out of 19 points.
    John

Pretty cool, J Anderson. I remember being that young and bowling. Quick-tempered and hated losing. Now I enjoy winning but can handle the losses better. Glad you won!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast