Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AMF Get Your Gear League

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by SAbowler View Post
    We finally started the league this past Monday. Bad part about that is, since the summer leagues start in September, and the 4th of July and Labor day are both on Mondays, everyone has to fit in 4 weeks of pre-bowling between now and September 12th. UGH!!!
    You don't have to do the pre-bowling but since you have to pay the full 16 weeks to get the balls you might as well get your games in.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

Quote Originally Posted by ep1977 View Post
    You don't have to do the pre-bowling but since you have to pay the full 16 weeks to get the balls you might as well get your games in.
    You're right. Since the only thing we are playing for is the balls (and pride I suppose), there's no need to make-up the missed games, but I want to get my money's worth. The League was just poorly planned on the bowling center's part.
    Average: 190, High Game: 285, High Series 718
    In the bag: Radical More Cash, Track Paradox Pearl, Track Tundra, Storm Super Natural

Wow don't know what state you live in but here in NY prices are high. 3 out of 4 of the offered balls sell for over $200 including drilling but not including grips/slugs in the pro shops here.

For $26x16=$416 I will get 2 top shelf balls including drilling, 48 league games on fresh oil, and 32 FREE practice games. Pretty good deal to me.
    what house do you bowl in?
    In my bag: Roto Grip Haywire, Ebonite Cyclone Gamebreaker, Brunswick danger zone vintage, Brunswick C-system Maxxed out and Columbia WD. High Game 300 (x3) high series 790...still searching for the 800.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_pocket View Post
    what house do you bowl in?
    For this league I'm bowling in AMF Babylon
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

Cranker

EP I just messaged you with this question....I bowled in Babylon 20 years ago and still have an old small grip rite bag with the address on it.....lol I bowl in Florida now.....

We had to choose which 2 balls we wanted last week. Every single person chose the Paradox Pearl and almost everyone chose the Scandal. Those are the 2 I picked as well.

We had to choose which 2 balls we wanted last week. Every single person chose the Paradox Pearl and almost everyone chose the Scandal. Those are the 2 I picked as well.
    Makes sense to choose those two as they are the highest valued balls available. More bang for your buck that way. I'm going to pick those same two as well.
    Average: 190, High Game: 285, High Series 718
    In the bag: Radical More Cash, Track Paradox Pearl, Track Tundra, Storm Super Natural

Quote Originally Posted by SAbowler View Post
    Makes sense to choose those two as they are the highest valued balls available. More bang for your buck that way. I'm going to pick those same two as well.
    Also one is asymmetrical and the other is symmetrical, one is polished and the other isn't so it's a good combination. I thought more people would pick the Grudge though.

Also one is asymmetrical and the other is symmetrical, one is polished and the other isn't so it's a good combination. I thought more people would pick the Grudge though.
    The Grudge is actually too much ball for a THS, mostly because it has a ton of hook to it.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Man I wish I had found out about this league sooner, I would have loved getting 2 more balls.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast