Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bowled my very first sport pattern tonight.

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Default Bowled my very first sport pattern tonight.

I did this during open bowling, the Sports Junior league had ended and my center always oils an extra pair for league in case of mechanical problems so I asked for the pair that wasn't used. Anyway, it was a 37ft Beijing pattern and it was fun and a bit humbling. Bowled 4 games and averaged 166 with games of 163,160,159 and 182. My A game is straight down and in and I found with this pattern I pretty much had roll straight up 5 or 6 and the pattern had a little miss room to the right but no miss room left.

I was using a Pitch Black for spares and spares were definitely an adventure. Need to work on flattening my wrist to throw it straight or make sure I bring a plastic ball. There's 15 more weeks in this league and I'm looking forward on bowling it each week.

Chats: 32

Plastic on sport shots is the only way to go.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Ringer

Not to shabby!!

I can only hope I do that well next week! lol
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

I have found that throwing slower helps me out on any of the sport patterns. I played on the Highway to Hell last night throwing a crux around 13mph between 2nd and 3rd arrows. I saw twice when I was hitting the 2nd arrow I would leave a stone 8 (right hander). For spares I completely flatten the wrist and throw faster. My league plays 3 weeks on each pattern, and we all have a great time.

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by ackwdw123 View Post
    I have found that throwing slower helps me out on any of the sport patterns. I played on the Highway to Hell last night throwing a crux around 13mph between 2nd and 3rd arrows. I saw twice when I was hitting the 2nd arrow I would leave a stone 8 (right hander). For spares I completely flatten the wrist and throw faster. My league plays 3 weeks on each pattern, and we all have a great time.
    Yeah next Weds I may slow down just a bit to try and improve my accuracy. Can't believe how many times I muscled the ball and missed left.

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

after a full winter season of "blue" patterns
    the summer "white" seems like a cake walk

just got a Snap Lock drilled up just for this pattern
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Sport patterns are humbling the first time around. Spares are an adventure. Plastic helps. I practiced on Alcatraz for four games tonite to get ready for league tomorrow. Never seen an oil pattern change like this one. Started throwing over third arrow out to 8, and the ball would rip to the pocket. By the third game I had moved 5 boards right and was hitting around 7 with a little more speed. Otherwise the ball just skidded thru the breakpoint and missed the headpin.

I've only been bowling about a year now and never bowled a sports pattern myself what makes it so different?

Pin Crusher

It all depends on the bowler. Some don't even notice the difference. Some will notice after the 1st ball. More so after their 1st spare attempt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast