Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: What I Don't Understand about the USBC

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    I am not as smart as many here but unless you are a down and in player as opposed to one who likes to belly the ball a bit playing 10 is much easier than playing 5. Playing 5 the gutter looks like the grand canyon to some bowlers. Playing 10-15 they can relax. Every one seems to thing every one wants to go bowl for blood.
    The bowler who uses a house ball (for the most part) or the bowler who has his/her own ball and only throws is straight is never going to care what the conditions are on the lanes.

I don't say that everybody is out for blood, but there are many players who want to be competitive when they go out there. They want to be able to have some control of what they're doing and maintain their 160's - 180's averages, and those are the ones you won't see playing in Sport leagues.

For many bowlers, getting out of their comfort zone is too much of a task for them and those are the bowlers you see more than anybody else. By adding too much oil you're asking them to process far too much and leave their comfort zone. It's counter productive.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by 1VegasBowler View Post
    The bowler who uses a house ball (for the most part) or the bowler who has his/her own ball and only throws is straight is never going to care what the conditions are on the lanes.

I don't say that everybody is out for blood, but there are many players who want to be competitive when they go out there. They want to be able to have some control of what they're doing and maintain their 160's - 180's averages, and those are the ones you won't see playing in Sport leagues.

For many bowlers, getting out of their comfort zone is too much of a task for them and those are the bowlers you see more than anybody else. By adding too much oil you're asking them to process far too much and leave their comfort zone. It's counter productive.
    I feel you on this, they are the same bowlers that will get super loud and angry when they are not killing it. I would join a sport league here in town but everyone I know if you have to keep a 200+ avg or you get a fine ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Jaescrub View Post
    I feel you on this, they are the same bowlers that will get super loud and angry when they are not killing it. I would join a sport league here in town but everyone I know if you have to keep a 200+ avg or you get a fine ;/
    Not quite that bad in the one I'm in now..lol

Averages in the PBA Experience league I'm in right now are anywhere from 145-216 and every week is a position week. lol
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    I am not as smart as many here but unless you are a down and in player as opposed to one who likes to belly the ball a bit playing 10 is much easier than playing 5. Playing 5 the gutter looks like the grand canyon to some bowlers. Playing 10-15 they can relax. Every one seems to thing every one wants to go bowl for blood.
    If there is oil from 10 and in, and dry outside of 10, how often do you get close to the 5 board?

With resin balls, that answer should be never.

Therefore, if they oil out to 5, your ball should never get close to 0.

If you're going more than 5 boards outside of the oil, you haven't learned how to be even remotely accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    If there is oil from 10 and in, and dry outside of 10, how often do you get close to the 5 board?

With resin balls, that answer should be never.

Therefore, if they oil out to 5, your ball should never get close to 0.

If you're going more than 5 boards outside of the oil, you haven't learned how to be even remotely accurate.
    OMG, we agree! LOL

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    OMG, we agree! LOL
    Mike White and RobLV1 agree!!!

Must be a cold day in HELL; and I know that for a fact. HELL sent their heat to Phoenix - this weekend high was 116 degrees. Yeah, summer is here!
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post

Must be a cold day in HELL; and I know that for a fact. HELL sent their heat to Phoenix - this weekend high was 116 degrees. Yeah, summer is here!
    Mark this date down in history boys and girls!!

Wasn't much cooler here in Vegas! lol

Banned

I passed thru Tuscon years ago when it was 120... stop complaining, it's a dry heat

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    I passed thru Tuscon years ago when it was 120... stop complaining, it's a dry heat
    I wasn't complaining....I said, Yeah! Summer is here. I meant it, I love the heat - except when the bowling alley doesn't turn the air on until 10am when we start at 9:30am.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Banned

I wasn't complaining....I said, Yeah! Summer is here. I meant it, I love the heat - except when the bowling alley doesn't turn the air on until 10am when we start at 9:30am.
    Then what you hate is the bowling alley management's decision process.

I like the heat because my goal is to complete 18 holes of golf with a score below the temperature.

The higher the temperature, the closer to my goal, but the also the less likely I am to finish the round.

It's a tough balancing act.

In bowling my goal was to average my age plus my weight.

25 years ago I could achieve that regularly, but now the calendar, and scale are conspiring against me.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast